All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Lawnmower frankenbuggy

Go down 
+3
MSteele323
dangeroustoys56
Jamus
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

Lawnmower frankenbuggy - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lawnmower frankenbuggy   Lawnmower frankenbuggy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2011, 8:05 am

Those are similar to my tapered bering hubs from northern tools - cept mine were a whole lot more Shocked Id drill and tap the hub for a zerk fitting anyway- cant hurt it.

Thats what i want to do to my tractors- custom make new lowered spindles from 3/4" bolts - i bot some and pop was generous to donate some from his bins back north - so i have enough to build a few sets of custom spindles.
Back to top Go down
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Lawnmower frankenbuggy   Lawnmower frankenbuggy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2011, 10:57 am

Definitely grease fittings in the hubs. Not sure when I'll do anymore work on this thing. I need the transmission and wheels before I can go any further. Plus I need to steal the cent. clutch off the murray for this, and instead of the stock murray clutch gong back on it I'm going to build a double pulley clutch like Fearlessfront did on his murray.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcbashers.com
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Lawnmower frankenbuggy   Lawnmower frankenbuggy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 2nd 2011, 9:50 pm

Well, got the gravely tonight. Bad news is that it doesn't have a 700. So I'll probably restore it and run it, it's not in terrible shape and the motor isn't locked up. But that means I have no transmission for this project.
Back to top Go down
redneckwagon
redneckwagon

PostSubject: Re: Lawnmower frankenbuggy   Lawnmower frankenbuggy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 25th 2011, 8:32 pm

Do you guys think that a 5 speed craftsman transaxle would be strong enough? It's the ones with 3/4" keyed shafts.
Back to top Go down
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Lawnmower frankenbuggy   Lawnmower frankenbuggy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 3rd 2011, 12:32 pm

I saw a gocart made like this using a peerless 205 like mine and the guy cracked the case. Turns out the ring gear is too narrow, and weak. He upgraded to a peerless 820 with 1" axles and what looks like a 4" wide ring gear.

By the way gus, I've been having trouble getting on this site at home. I'm at McD's right now. So if I don't answer quickly, you know why. Also, this project is probably halted. I bought a 2009 Kawasaki Bayou 250 for $40 the other day, so I'll focus on getting that running. I'm not giving up on mowers b an means though.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Lawnmower frankenbuggy   Lawnmower frankenbuggy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2011, 6:58 am

Watch using open WIFI places - hackers can have a field day with your computer - dont use anything with passwords.

I use the firefox browser - IE has had the worst issues ive ever seen. Never had an issue with FF.

More i think about it, you could still use a similar setup - best bet would be a peerless 700 - run it to a straight axle, then chains down to the wheels - youd have posi - would eliminate any breakage.

Back to top Go down
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Lawnmower frankenbuggy   Lawnmower frankenbuggy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2011, 12:13 pm

Yup, I'm on FF and today I'm picking up starbucks wifi. I don't do anything sensitive other than signing into forums to post. It's strange but at the house I can't load here or ebay. Why would these two be the places that are blocked, strange. It's not just the wireless router at the house either, also blocked on the hardline to my desktop.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Lawnmower frankenbuggy   Lawnmower frankenbuggy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2011, 12:18 pm

sounds like a security issue. see if you can add this to a list of trusted sites
Back to top Go down
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Lawnmower frankenbuggy   Lawnmower frankenbuggy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2011, 12:21 pm

What would that be under since the same computer works fine on other wifi signals?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Lawnmower frankenbuggy   Lawnmower frankenbuggy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2011, 12:35 pm

could be your ISP at home
Back to top Go down
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Lawnmower frankenbuggy   Lawnmower frankenbuggy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2011, 12:46 pm

Must be, I don't know how to mess with it though. All I know about computers has come from trial and error, push a button and see what happens haha.
Back to top Go down
F150F250F350
F150F250F350

PostSubject: suspintion   Lawnmower frankenbuggy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 13th 2011, 10:58 am

I was tingking of doing a 4x4 lawn mower with this simaler suspintion. do you have it done yet?
Back to top Go down
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Lawnmower frankenbuggy   Lawnmower frankenbuggy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 31st 2011, 4:52 pm

Just an update on the internet thing. I've narrowed it down to the source, my wireless router. Running straight from the modem I can get on here just fine. I might have to dig up my paperwork on the router, or maybe buy a new one. This router is a b-model, they,ve since come out with g and n which are both much faster.
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Jordan

PostSubject: Re: Lawnmower frankenbuggy   Lawnmower frankenbuggy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 31st 2011, 5:16 pm

Jamus wrote:
Just an update on the internet thing. I've narrowed it down to the source, my wireless router. Running straight from the modem I can get on here just fine. I might have to dig up my paperwork on the router, or maybe buy a new one. This router is a b-model, they,ve since come out with g and n which are both much faster.

i have heard that the wireless whatever it is in a computer is also rated with the g and n system like the router. and a router computer combo works better if they are both g or both n, just so you know. its something i had to look at when i bought my laptop and got a new router at the same time
Back to top Go down
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Lawnmower frankenbuggy   Lawnmower frankenbuggy - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 31st 2011, 5:23 pm

Might be, the router is from 2004 and the laptop isn't a year old yet. But it all worked fine before. Something happened and I have no clue what it was, I went a week thinking that this site had gone down for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lawnmower frankenbuggy   Lawnmower frankenbuggy - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lawnmower frankenbuggy
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2