All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Carlisle AGriculture tires any good for mudding?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CityRedneck
CityRedneck

Carlisle AGriculture tires any good for mudding? Empty
PostSubject: Carlisle AGriculture tires any good for mudding?   Carlisle AGriculture tires any good for mudding? Icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2011, 2:45 am

im thinking of buying 21x11x8 carlisle ag tires and i was wondering if they are any good? how long do they last because theres a 1.5mile stretch of road i have to go on to get where im going and i dont wanna wear them down
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle AGriculture tires any good for mudding?   Carlisle AGriculture tires any good for mudding? Icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2011, 6:25 am

Eventually any tire will wear down- probably quicker driving on a road - i have a few tractors with their front tires worn completely flat from PO's.

Im not sure how much of a pain it would be, but what about hauling a cart with a jack and regular tires - just change em to the AG's when you reach your destination. Can also thow a cooler/gas cans/tool kit in there as well.
Back to top Go down
CityRedneck
CityRedneck

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle AGriculture tires any good for mudding?   Carlisle AGriculture tires any good for mudding? Icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2011, 3:48 pm

i ride with impatient people. we ride with a group of 7atvs and once we leave the house we have to go straight through the mud to meet up with them. It would be a pain but its only a 1.5 mile but if i do that 7times its 10miles
Back to top Go down
Fattypipemuarry
Fattypipemuarry

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle AGriculture tires any good for mudding?   Carlisle AGriculture tires any good for mudding? Icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2011, 4:22 pm

you cant beat em i will just tell ya an they dont wear down i have had mine on the road for bout 5 years now an there still got better than half tread
Back to top Go down
CraftsMAN
CraftsMAN

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle AGriculture tires any good for mudding?   Carlisle AGriculture tires any good for mudding? Icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2011, 5:46 pm

I have 3 pairs of them on my tractors. I use them to offroad. Make sure you are driving on the side in the sand or dirt of the road. I have had mine for 4 years now. They are not nearly bald yet.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/CRUSHEMCustoms/
CityRedneck
CityRedneck

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle AGriculture tires any good for mudding?   Carlisle AGriculture tires any good for mudding? Icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2011, 6:11 pm

thanks guys lots of help! Very Happy didnt wanna put something on my tractor that wouldnt last
Back to top Go down
CraftsMAN
CraftsMAN

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle AGriculture tires any good for mudding?   Carlisle AGriculture tires any good for mudding? Icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2011, 7:36 pm

Be happy you have people to offroad with.. I go solo.. Saw a bear a few weeks ago.. No offroading since then. I even gave my buddy a running moving murray to offroad with me. Now he is a noshow. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/CRUSHEMCustoms/
CityRedneck
CityRedneck

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle AGriculture tires any good for mudding?   Carlisle AGriculture tires any good for mudding? Icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2011, 8:05 pm

that sucks man. I dont where i live be i live in orlando but i go to miami every few months to see my friends and theres a place down there they calll "The Hump" its a bunch of farms that jeeps made trails and mud pits out of
Back to top Go down
Trcustoms
Trcustoms

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle AGriculture tires any good for mudding?   Carlisle AGriculture tires any good for mudding? Icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2011, 12:15 am

Yeah i have the same tires on one of my LT-1000's.
There great.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle AGriculture tires any good for mudding?   Carlisle AGriculture tires any good for mudding? Icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2011, 3:12 am

Down here i really dont have any close places to ride- probably why i havent really worked on my mod's - ive taken a couple of my fast ones down the street - theres a mudhole a few miles away( thru town) , but since i have no clue who owns it and really dont want to ride alone or have a gun pointed at me for trespassing.

Once i get a mod finished and my offroader- ill probably haul em to my nephews and run em around there - hes got a yamaha 4x4 ATV - be interesting to see how my rides would compare to it, trail riding, ect.
Back to top Go down
CityRedneck
CityRedneck

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle AGriculture tires any good for mudding?   Carlisle AGriculture tires any good for mudding? Icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2011, 5:22 pm

what part of florida do you live in??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle AGriculture tires any good for mudding?   Carlisle AGriculture tires any good for mudding? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Carlisle AGriculture tires any good for mudding?
Page 1 of 1