All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

My current Rally projects

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
fatboy_dan
fatboy_dan

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

My current Rally projects Empty
PostSubject: My current Rally projects   My current Rally projects Icon_minitimeMay 14th 2019, 6:53 pm

My current Rally projects 36114110

This little project LT I picked up a year ago when helping an older fellow clear his property for fire safety. Is now powered by a honda GXV340. Hasn't gone much farther than the picture here which was taken just before I moved. 6 Speed spicer 4360, 1:1 pulley ratio. Wiring nightmare I call 'Predator' (because it's whisper quiet and fast...ish)... Back burner, but will be revisited sooner or later.

My current Rally projects 20992611
My current Rally projects 37488710

This is one of my current big projects - a 1976 Dynamark LT mated to a late model LT3000 pan frame, mated to a partial tube frame of a 1983 Yamaha G1. It retains the front and rear sections of the G1 with the front suspension intact. Currently running a 2 speed foote inline shift transmission to the 8:1 ratio rear end. This will be replaced with a solid 1" axle, either modified 3 speed foote or peerless 700 and +/- 40T rear sprocket running #480 chain. Likely similar tires to what it has in the 2nd picture, but possibly something larger with a regear accordingly. It's currently called 'low buck Chuck' cause I've spent next to nothing on it.

My current Rally projects 33446910
This is my LT4000, formerly known as 'General Hellcat'. It is slated for a complete rebuild and mod with box/tube frame underneath the original pan frame, ross box steering and a chain drive front and rear. At least, those are the intended plans.

My current Rally projects 40828210
My 1973 Bolens HT-20 the day after I got it. Originally I intended to mod it with a subaru engine/trans/rear axle setup (ea81, 5 speed, IRS) but have since made enough mechanical repairs to use the original drive system. I am going to locate a nice diesel for it, but have not found just what I wanted yet. It may end up as a 6 wheel machine, used for tractor recovery. If not, a standard four wheel machine, with similar tech to the roper GT180 I've been working on. In addition, it will have a winch front and rear, likely a tow boom, dual batteries, dual fuel tanks, onboard air, etc. It's been running once with a k321 since I got it, but have removed that engine in search for the diesel.

My current Rally projects 42855810
My current Rally projects 60099010

Picked up this GT180 roper clone last winter. First pic is as it was when I picked it up. Second is as of yesterday - and it's gone through some further changes since then. It has a 22hp predator 670/633A setup, 1:1 ratio. Full ATV rack, running a 950A deep cycle battery, and enough LED to light up next week. I'll be dropping a video on this either on FB or youtube in the coming days summarizing the whole build.
Back to top Go down
CraftsmanQuad19
Veteran Member
CraftsmanQuad19
Veteran Member

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist

PostSubject: Re: My current Rally projects   My current Rally projects Icon_minitimeMay 14th 2019, 7:20 pm

Man these builds are all pretty cool! Are they all geared toward utility? I suppose that craftsman/dynamark/Yamaha mashup is a trail machine. Looks like a cool rig!
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21
AllisKidD21

5000+ Posts
5000+ Posts!
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
1st Place Build-Off 2019
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2019

PostSubject: Re: My current Rally projects   My current Rally projects Icon_minitimeMay 14th 2019, 7:21 pm

Some neat stuff you're building here. I really like that little Craftsman LT with the IFS!

"This'll either wake you up or put you to sleep forever!"- Red Green         "Whatever you do you should do right, even if it's something wrong." - Hank Hill

- MTD Off-Road Build
      - Ford LT 110 Off-Road Build
      - Craftsman GT 6000 Off-Road Build
       - Sears LT11 Rat Rod Build *2019 Build-Off Winner!*

Garden Tractor Collection: Allis B-110 x2, 710, 716, & 410 - Wheel Horse 655, 953 & 500 Special - Case 444 - Bolens Versamatic, G10 & 1668 Diesel Swapped - Cub 106, 124 & 1000/149 Frankentractor - Ford 120, LGT 125 & 145 - White 1650 Yard Boss - Moto Mower 710-100
Back to top Go down
fatboy_dan
fatboy_dan

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: My current Rally projects   My current Rally projects Icon_minitimeMay 14th 2019, 7:25 pm

CraftsmanQuad19 wrote:
Man these builds are all pretty cool! Are they all geared toward utility? I suppose that craftsman/dynamark/Yamaha mashup is a trail machine. Looks like a cool rig!

Well, yes and no. They're all meant for trails and speed... and to supplement each other in some form or fashion. That is, if one goes down for serious repairs or otherwise is incapacitated, the next can take it's place in short order. The only one that leans more towards utility is the Bolens, only because it's slow with no practical way to get it faster... at least not one I'm willing to try.

Last edited by fatboy_dan on May 14th 2019, 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fatboy_dan
fatboy_dan

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: My current Rally projects   My current Rally projects Icon_minitimeMay 14th 2019, 7:28 pm

AllisKidD21 wrote:
Some neat stuff you're building here. I really like that little Craftsman LT with the IFS!

Thanks Smile it's probably my favorite right now as well, which is why it's taken me so long to get anywhere on it. I want to do it just right, the first time and then thrash it like it owes me money lol
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Veteran Member
Murraymountain
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: My current Rally projects   My current Rally projects Icon_minitimeMay 14th 2019, 9:35 pm

I've always wanted a Roper/Wizard/Yard Pro or whatever you wanna call it like that. Except it would be on lawn duty. Of all the tractors I could choose for cutting grass, I'd want a Roper? Wha? Is something wrong with me? lol! Seriously though, some really nice rigs you got there! When I use these things I find that I lean toward using a particular one out of the bunch if I have my choice, I guess the hydro Murray is probably my favorite. Which one's yours? In other words, which do you use the most?
Back to top Go down
fatboy_dan
fatboy_dan

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: My current Rally projects   My current Rally projects Icon_minitimeMay 14th 2019, 11:58 pm

Murraymountain wrote:
I've always wanted a Roper/Wizard/Yard Pro or whatever you wanna call it like that. Except it would be on lawn duty. Of all the tractors I could choose for cutting grass, I'd want a Roper? Wha? Is something wrong with me? lol! Seriously though, some really nice rigs you got there! When I use these things I find that I lean toward using a particular one out of the bunch if I have my choice, I guess the hydro Murray is probably my favorite. Which one's yours? In other words, which do you use the most?

Right now, the roper clone is. Possibly because I've spent so much time on it, probably because it's the only build moving under it's own power... I really don't know lol...
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Veteran Member
Murraymountain
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: My current Rally projects   My current Rally projects Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2019, 1:29 pm

Looks like it'd be my favorite too. Can't wait to see it progress!
Back to top Go down
fatboy_dan
fatboy_dan

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: My current Rally projects   My current Rally projects Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2019, 2:06 pm

Murraymountain wrote:
Looks like it'd be my favorite too. Can't wait to see it progress!

actually, within the next couple weeks as time allows, you will Smile

you see - the entire purpose laid out for it was to A- control the drone and B- go as far as any tractor of it's kind ever has and maybe farther on one tank of fuel. So, this Saturday I'm going on a 30 mile cross country jaunt with it solo. Taking pics and vids along the way of course. If you can find or follow me on facebook @ fatboy dan's skunkworks I'll be continuing to post about it Smile
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Veteran Member
Murraymountain
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2020 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: My current Rally projects   My current Rally projects Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2019, 5:18 pm

30 miles solo? Well, that'll be fun lol! I'm taking my Murray to an event on Saturday too! I don't do Facebook, so I guess that settles that. Thanks for letting me know though. And BTW, I think the Roper deserves it's own thread.
Back to top Go down
CraftsmanQuad19
Veteran Member
CraftsmanQuad19
Veteran Member

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist

PostSubject: Re: My current Rally projects   My current Rally projects Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2019, 6:20 pm

Wow 30 miles is a long way! What’s the terrain like?
Back to top Go down
fatboy_dan
fatboy_dan

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: My current Rally projects   My current Rally projects Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2019, 11:02 pm

CraftsmanQuad19 wrote:
Wow 30 miles is a long way! What’s the terrain like?

5-7 degree grades, farm roads, sage brush laden jeep trails, light rocky terrain in spots, perhaps a mud hole or 2. The route I planned is one I've not taken in quite a few years, but then it was via car/truck
Back to top Go down
fatboy_dan
fatboy_dan

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: My current Rally projects   My current Rally projects Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2019, 11:04 pm

Murraymountain wrote:
30 miles solo? Well, that'll be fun lol! I'm taking my Murray to an event on Saturday too! I don't do Facebook, so I guess that settles that. Thanks for letting me know though. And BTW, I think the Roper deserves it's own thread.

Oh yes, I probably added a couple extra hundred pounds in parts and tools just in case of breakdown. Murray huh? I'm picking up another widebody and a bug-eye pan body this weekend to see what kinda toy I can build out of the pair.

I don't disagree with the Roper thread idea, I'll start that tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
diddie
diddie

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: My current Rally projects   My current Rally projects Icon_minitimeMay 15th 2019, 11:32 pm

looks like you've got plenty to keep you busy ! and plenty of back ups. I need to find the time to get my back up built never know when i'm gonna need it. 30 miles sounds like a fun time. i belive you have inspired me to plan something like that.
Back to top Go down
fatboy_dan
fatboy_dan

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: My current Rally projects   My current Rally projects Icon_minitimeMay 16th 2019, 9:49 am

diddie wrote:
looks like you've got plenty to keep you busy ! and plenty of back ups. I need to find the time to get my back up built never know when i'm gonna need it. 30 miles sounds like a fun time. i belive you have inspired me to plan something like that.

I'm glad I could inspire someone - I don't think I've quite done that before...

Mentioning backups- I once had 17 active machines, then it was 3 active machines and 18 backups, now I'm down to 1 active machine and 4 backups that could be made ready within a day... but I'm picking up a particular murray the local saw and mower shop donated (the owner hates murray) with the plans to re-create an old and at one point famous project of mine Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My current Rally projects   My current Rally projects Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My current Rally projects
Page 1 of 1