All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

freebie golf cart

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
darkside0914
Established Member
darkside0914
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2020 Build-Off Top 3 Winner

freebie golf cart Empty
PostSubject: freebie golf cart    freebie golf cart Icon_minitimeJune 15th 2019, 3:43 am

while at my uncles i was given an old golf cart, sorry i have no camera atm so i can't get pics until my new one gets here, it had been converted to gas, but the conversion was poorly done, probably due to it having an automotive style rear axle with a front input, the conversion had the engine mounted on the right side with a centrifugal clutch and chain going to a shaft it worked but i think the cart is to heavy for that style clutch, now i need to decide if i want to pull the rear axle and put in a solid axle and chain drive under it or try and use the original axle and fix the poorly done conversion, i was thinking i could try going with a belt system, have a belt running from the engine to the shaft and a tractor style clutch but don't know if that would work, when my new camera gets here i'll get some pics and maybe some of you guys can help me figure out a drive system for this thing
Back to top Go down
Doug
Site Owner
Doug
Site Owner

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

freebie golf cart Empty
PostSubject: Re: freebie golf cart    freebie golf cart Icon_minitimeJune 16th 2019, 2:16 am

I recently got a cart too, although it has the old style electric motor/ axle setup. Look into building a swingarm, looks to be the easiest way to go about a conversion.

Head Forum Administrator ** Chat Moderator ** Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page ** Chatbox ** How To Upload Pictures

_X_ FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_

Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@Doug" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21, @Brianator, @RichieRichOverdrive

Back to top Go down
darkside0914
Established Member
darkside0914
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

freebie golf cart Empty
PostSubject: Re: freebie golf cart    freebie golf cart Icon_minitimeJune 22nd 2019, 4:28 am

i really need to get some pics of this thing, but we buried it in the garage until i can get the 8hp briggs rebuilt, the motor runs decent but smokes badly and has a pretty bad oil leak somewhere, so i plan a simple hone and new rings and all new seals/gaskets, then i will figure out the drive system, this had an electric motor originally, but it was removed and i believe the shaft removed from the motor to make the connection between the rear axle and the gas engine, they welded a sprocket to the shaft and then used a pillow block bearing sat on it's side and welded to the frame, unfortunately the weld was very poorly done, and it broke free, i plan to lay it down and make a base to go under it to hold the pillow block in place, and i found out the rear suspension has been rendered inoperable, it has no give at all, i'm temped to just try and find an old shaft drive atv engine and transmission and mount that to the rear axle somehow or put a solid axle and chain drive under it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

freebie golf cart Empty
PostSubject: Re: freebie golf cart    freebie golf cart Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

freebie golf cart
Page 1 of 1