All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Tracked golf cart!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Camdg2010
Camdg2010

Tracked golf cart!!! Empty
PostSubject: Tracked golf cart!!!   Tracked golf cart!!! Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2020, 9:37 pm

Hey guys and gals. I haven't been on here in a while but recently started a new build. I picked up an old Yamaha g1 golf cart and decided it desperately needs some tracks. So I go to looking up PistenBullies and looked at how they are run as far as the drive sprocket and road wheels. I'm using 16" solid rubber road wheels (3) per side with the front one adjustable. The rear shocks were taken out and I ridged mounted the rear end as if it had a lift kit so I could gain clearance for the tracks. I'm making my own tracks out of conveyor belt and hardwood as grousers like they did in the old days. The drive sproçket will be made of that high density plastic nylon stuff (sorry can't think of the real name). I'm having a hard time making them perfect. The grousers are 1 7/32 inch square and spaced out 2.5" from the others (not center to center). I've cut out a template which is roughly 10 5/8 with 9 teeth. it goes good on the track I've already made but it's not perfect. I can't find anyone that can help me draw it on cad. So I've also taken all the body off. So it's just a bare chassis with rear end. The undercarriage
is made of 1.25x 1.25 square tube and welded to the bottom side of the golf cart chassis. I'm going to be separating the cab from engine compartment that way the cab doesn't have to come off to get at the engine. Ide like this to come out as a mini PistenBully. That's the plan anyways. Not sure if the stock rear end will work. Ide like to use zero turn wheel motors but don't think they will handle the stress. I will upload the pics of it so far once I get on my computer
Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Veteran Member
mr.modified
Veteran Member

2015 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2015 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2016 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2016 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
1st Place Build-Off 2014
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2014
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant

Tracked golf cart!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tracked golf cart!!!   Tracked golf cart!!! Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2020, 11:53 pm

Sounds like a cool idea. Tracked stuff is neat, just a bit of a pain to make it work. If you have a good system it should be ok though. I think the stock rear end could possible work with steering brakes if it was a slow speed thing. If you had a lot of power and were really tearing on it then it may not hold up. They're fairly rugged though.
Back to top Go down

Tracked golf cart!!!
Page 1 of 1