All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog inBuild-OffTop Tractor Challenge
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum! . . .
New Top Tractor Challenge and Build-Off Profile Buttons on the menu bar! . . .
2020 Build-Off Winners . . . 1-Hillbilly Offroading . . . 2-darkside0914
HASPIN 2021 . . . Wednesday June 23rd through Sunday June 27th.
2021 Top Tractor Challenge August 14 competition –August 15 competitors ride, Pymatuning Pennsylvania **INFO HERE**
No 2021 Build-Off. Will return in 2022. Stay tuned later this year for rule changes!

Mighty's Sears Suburban "Thor"

Go down 
+5
AllisKidD21
Doug
mr.modified
mrshaft696
MightyRaze
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator

Mighty's Sears Suburban "Thor" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mighty's Sears Suburban "Thor"   Mighty's Sears Suburban "Thor" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2020 6:32 pm

Well.... my new muffler is telling a tale as I hadn't put heat paint on it yet.

Mighty's Sears Suburban "Thor" - Page 3 Img_2329

Hmm..... appears to be running on mostly 1 cylinder.  I see a little heat on the front, but nothing like the back.

Checked spark and it appears pretty weak. on the front.  Weak but better on the back.  Didn't realize the power reduction.  I'll do the easy thing and get a new coil.
Back to top Go down
Murraymountain
Prybar
Prybar
Murraymountain

Forum Rep : 66

PostSubject: Re: Mighty's Sears Suburban "Thor"   Mighty's Sears Suburban "Thor" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2020 7:35 pm

Don't order the $12 china ones. My brother did that and it had the weakest spark I've seen on an oppy to date.
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator
MightyRaze

Forum Rep : 545

PostSubject: Re: Mighty's Sears Suburban "Thor"   Mighty's Sears Suburban "Thor" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2020 11:02 pm

Nah, no need to order one.  I did the right thing and polished up the grounds for the coil and polished up the magnet first.  Nice bright blue spark now on both plugs.  Both sides of the muffler quickly got hot at the same rate now.  Idles a bit smoother now too.

TheGreenMachine - "coming 2022"
Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@MightyRaze" in your post!
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator
MightyRaze

PostSubject: Re: Mighty's Sears Suburban "Thor"   Mighty's Sears Suburban "Thor" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2020 6:56 pm

Well, the issue came back and with a vengeance.  I guess I will need to tear into the engine.   Mad

Back to top Go down
Crazy_Carl
BoogerWeld
BoogerWeld
Crazy_Carl

Forum Rep : 146

PostSubject: Re: Mighty's Sears Suburban "Thor"   Mighty's Sears Suburban "Thor" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2020 7:24 pm

what issue came back?
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
Administrator
MightyRaze

PostSubject: Re: Mighty's Sears Suburban "Thor"   Mighty's Sears Suburban "Thor" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2020 10:57 pm

It appeared to be running again on one cylinder, but this time getting really hot and backfiring a little bit. I tore into it today. Pulled plugs, showed signs of super lean condition. I pulled the carb and proceeded to clean it out. It was really dirty. Put it back in and it was not spraying any gas in the carb. Checked it again and just could not figure it out. I know the area behind the main jet did not look good. Also, I could not find a wire small enough to clear one passage. I grabbed a carb my father-in-law gave me that went to the original engine for Kal. I tore it open to find it was a new carb?!!! Fuel pump on it had hardened, so I put the bad carb’s fuel pump on it. I knew it was ok. Put on the other carb and it fired right up!! It idled so smooth! I proceeded to do some testing. I was able to run the mower at half throttle full speed drive with ease. Never bogged down. Didn’t realize I was missing so many horses.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mighty's Sears Suburban "Thor"   Mighty's Sears Suburban "Thor" - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mighty's Sears Suburban "Thor"
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum :: General Tractor Talk + Pictures/ Videos :: General Tractor Talk-
Jump to: