All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

LIFTED LAWN MOWER

Go down 
+6
willis923
k2500life
W1ldyOvvnZ
andy-roo
arild365
craftsman30mph
10 posters
AuthorMessage
craftsman30mph
craftsman30mph

LIFTED LAWN MOWER Empty
PostSubject: LIFTED LAWN MOWER   LIFTED LAWN MOWER Icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2011, 9:39 pm

GOT THE REAR LIFTED TODAY!!!!!! SO PUMPED!!!! still some work to go but she's lifted and sitting on her own looks beast heres the pics

LIFTED LAWN MOWER P9140321

LIFTED LAWN MOWER P9140322

LIFTED LAWN MOWER P9140323

LIFTED LAWN MOWER P9140324

LIFTED LAWN MOWER P9140325

LIFTED LAWN MOWER P9140326

LIFTED LAWN MOWER P9140327

LIFTED LAWN MOWER P9140328
Back to top Go down
arild365
arild365

LIFTED LAWN MOWER Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIFTED LAWN MOWER   LIFTED LAWN MOWER Icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2011, 10:56 pm

Nice man!!! congrats! Id really like to see some close ups of the rear end and how you did that stuff. Im kinda thinking of lifting torque a couple inches javascript:emoticonp('Rolling Eyes') haha. Nice build!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/arild365
craftsman30mph
craftsman30mph

LIFTED LAWN MOWER Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIFTED LAWN MOWER   LIFTED LAWN MOWER Icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2011, 11:01 pm

arild365 wrote:
Nice man!!! congrats! Id really like to see some close ups of the rear end and how you did that stuff. Im kinda thinking of lifting torque a couple inches javascript:emoticonp('Rolling Eyes') haha. Nice build!
still some work to do to it but this is basically how i did it doesn't look solid but it doesn't even budge one bit
LIFTED LAWN MOWER P9140329
Back to top Go down
craftsman30mph
craftsman30mph

LIFTED LAWN MOWER Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIFTED LAWN MOWER   LIFTED LAWN MOWER Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2011, 11:49 pm

and how i'm lifting the pulley is a 5/8 socket cut down and welded on each shaft, the lifter shaft and the transmission shaft and the lifter shaft will be put through a bearing and supported to the frame, I'm using a 5/8 bearinged front go cart hub will take some pics tomorrow more than likely. hoping to have it done 2morrow or saturday
Back to top Go down
andy-roo
andy-roo

LIFTED LAWN MOWER Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIFTED LAWN MOWER   LIFTED LAWN MOWER Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2012, 10:38 pm

i gotta ask....can u take some pics of the underside cuz i want to lift mine an ik how im gunna do the front axel but the rear end idk yet...i dnt kno haw id run the belt on the engine pulley an where the idler pulley wouldgo....howd u do it?
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

LIFTED LAWN MOWER Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIFTED LAWN MOWER   LIFTED LAWN MOWER Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2012, 7:29 pm

andy-roo wrote:
i gotta ask....can u take some pics of the underside cuz i want to lift mine an ik how im gunna do the front axel but the rear end idk yet...i dnt kno haw id run the belt on the engine pulley an where the idler pulley wouldgo....howd u do it?
I think he sold/traded the Lawn Tractor(im not 100% sure)
Back to top Go down
http://www.stat10.tk/
k2500life
Veteran Member
k2500life
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

LIFTED LAWN MOWER Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIFTED LAWN MOWER   LIFTED LAWN MOWER Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2014, 10:07 pm

How much lift does this have?
Back to top Go down
http://www.lastdropgarage.com
willis923
Veteran Member
willis923
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

LIFTED LAWN MOWER Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIFTED LAWN MOWER   LIFTED LAWN MOWER Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2014, 10:12 pm

just a heads up- this post hasnt been touched in 2 years and a months.. please try not to bring up old posts like that
Back to top Go down
k2500life
Veteran Member
k2500life
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

LIFTED LAWN MOWER Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIFTED LAWN MOWER   LIFTED LAWN MOWER Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2014, 10:13 pm

Sorry I was just looking for ideas for "TRAILBOSS II"
Back to top Go down
willis923
Veteran Member
willis923
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

LIFTED LAWN MOWER Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIFTED LAWN MOWER   LIFTED LAWN MOWER Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2014, 10:24 pm

its all good, just not likely that the OP will reply. not trying to be a dink
Back to top Go down
k2500life
Veteran Member
k2500life
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

LIFTED LAWN MOWER Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIFTED LAWN MOWER   LIFTED LAWN MOWER Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2014, 10:25 pm

Alright just had to try lol
Back to top Go down
Angchor
Angchor

LIFTED LAWN MOWER Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIFTED LAWN MOWER   LIFTED LAWN MOWER Icon_minitimeJune 8th 2014, 10:50 pm

k2500life wrote:
Sorry I was just looking for ideas for "TRAILBOSS II"
Bad boy!

How dare you try to make an old thread useful again!

~~~~~~~

Guys...

This forum does not get a thousand posts an hour. Or a day. I don't think it gets a thousand posts in two weeks. (I might easily be wrong about that.).

It's not like the forum is swimming in old threads brought back to life just so someone can say "wowsers", or "That hood ornament is the bee's knees", or "cool brake handle foot throttle"!

If the forum were really busy, I could understand stricter rules about posting.

But it's NOT busy.

And it will not get busy as long as we have hall monitors slapping people's hands every day for bringing up old posts, making more than one post in a row, not quoting more than one person per post, etc.

It is good to have rules when they are needed.

It is also good to chill out about those rules when no one has been a nuisance, troll, or spammer.

And I guess it may be about time that I drop this before I get labeled a nuisance, and banned. LOL

It just seems to me that the forum is awfully slow, and I know from experience that slapping people's hands for things that are of no real consequence, is not a good recipe for making a forum popular.

If someone was coming in here and reviving old threads just to go Oooh and Ahhh... Then about the 5th time they did that, I'd ask them to cease and desist. That is an example of reviving old threads beginning to have consequence.

But k2500life was merely trying to get some useful information from someone who had posted in the past. Information that might be useful for his current build. The fact that he revived an old thread to do so, is of no real consequence.

Willis, you are absolutely correct that there is a rule, (And a GOOD reason for the rule.), and it was broken. You are also correct that the OP will most likely never reply. But k2500life is also right in thinking it was worth a try. And it really didn't hurt anything for him to try.

I hope I am making some sense here, and not just coming across as some kind of belligerant, or troublemaker. I really like this forum. I like the community. And I'd like to see it grow. And I don't think being strict about some of the rules is conducive to that.

Thank you. And if you guys choose to ban me as a troublemaker, well.. I had fun, and thank you for all the great comaraderie and advice!
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

LIFTED LAWN MOWER Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIFTED LAWN MOWER   LIFTED LAWN MOWER Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2014, 6:54 am

Angchor, the reason why we enforce the rules is its kinda like a nucence, like why revive a old thread if there's a very very high percentage that he won't talk back? I haven't ever witnessed someone come back and tell him after over two years or more. I've seen this mower on Facebook and he sold it a long time ago, it's long gone. We just see it as a wasted post, we arnt getting any Info from it. And as far as I know, your the only one having a problem with it.
Back to top Go down
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member
Thunderdivine
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

LIFTED LAWN MOWER Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIFTED LAWN MOWER   LIFTED LAWN MOWER Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2014, 10:15 am

If you look closely this was actually lifted twice.
- I don't see issues with lifting a post as long you have good info to add or thank the poster about his great build, but this is almost 4 years old.
- Also there are great builds on here hidden simply because they are old and not revived (I've came across them only from google's picture search, and only that way found them) So i don't know what's worst.
But I agree with willis on this one tho, he just informed anyway. And this forum aint strict Angchor, not at all.
Back to top Go down
Angchor
Angchor

LIFTED LAWN MOWER Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIFTED LAWN MOWER   LIFTED LAWN MOWER Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2014, 2:52 pm

I'm glad that at least no one is counting me a bannable niusance over this. LOL

I don't really "have a problem" with it. I guess the point that I am trying to make... is thus made in a different way than I intended.

It is easy to look at what I have written, and think I must be all upset over this. I am not.

I have written what I have written because I like you guys. I care. And I am trying to be helpful.

The point is that perception is, a lot of the time, quite different from reality. But that perception, IS truth, to the perciever.

When I see an admonition, I know that what I personally know to be just someone who actually cares about the responsibility they have been given, and are trying to do the right thing... Can quite literally look to the recipient of the admonition... like they have just been slapped down. And just as easily taken personally, and used as cause and reason for either backlash, or for just leaving the forum, and never being a part of it again. Either option, is not good for the community.

Because of that, I have always taken the approach that when it comes to moderating... Less is usually more.

If I see a situation like the one we are discussing... I probably have exactly the same thoughts that any moderator here, does. For the same reasons.

I agree with every single one of you.

But because what I am looking at has not been done in a trolling way, or a spamming way, or a niusance way... I would look at it like... has this really made any big difference whatever, in any negative way, on the forum? No? Then why even mention it?

Leaving it be, hurt no one. But making an admonition about it can lead to the above mentioned 'cause for action' on the part of the admonished, because of their own perception of being 'slapped down'.

Less is more.

And sometimes a personal message will get the message to the person just as well, without them feeling like now they have been publically called out and slapped on the wrist. So now they have to respond publically. Etc...

~~~~~~~

I also have to agree... This forum isn't strict. I am not saying it is. In any way, shape or form. That is one of the reasons it is such a good community.

What I am saying is kind of like this... If this community is in a boat, on a river... If we are headed downstream... If there is no real need to paddle... And if you DO paddle, you get others wet, with your splashing.... Why paddle? Let the boat carry us. And those times when it IS necessary to paddle, well, people are going to get splashed, and there is no getting around that.

But it remains, if you don't have to paddle, and paddling gets others wet, whether you intended it or not... then why paddle?

~~~~~~~

And then there is the good point that TD just made. One that I wanted to make a while back, but forgot to add...

Twice now, old threads have been brought up, and I have been introduced to some really great builds... But those threads may never have appeared on my screen in any search I would have made. And I may never have gone that far back in "forum history", just to read the old threads.

So I am glad to have been reminded that there is gold in them thar old threads. And now I will be more likely to actually set aside the time, to maybe GO back and read some old threads... Just because I have no idea what wonders I may discover.

That might not have been the case had no one ever brought up an old thread...

~~~~~~~

Lastly... I am glad I found this forum. And I am glad to be a part of this community. I'll do my best to be a productive and helpful member of the community, for as long as I am here.  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2016

LIFTED LAWN MOWER Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIFTED LAWN MOWER   LIFTED LAWN MOWER Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2014, 8:53 pm

Angchor, you make some excellent point (as do the others who have contributed to this particular debate.

Guys, let's not make more of this than what it already is. At the end of the day, it boils down to this: No animals were harmed in the making of this superficial faux-pas. I don't need to hash over why we don't really like moldy threads being dug up, it's been covered. Let's just chalk this one up to experience and move on.

Angchor, it's nice to have you around. You're a long way off being a "bannable nuisance".
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

LIFTED LAWN MOWER Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIFTED LAWN MOWER   LIFTED LAWN MOWER Icon_minitimeJune 9th 2014, 9:40 pm

Sorta funny, I haven't been on here for a year or two, I sorta like people posting on old threads, I still get notifications to my email about them and it reminds me to come back here and check the forum out:P
Back to top Go down
http://www.stat10.tk/
Sponsored content

LIFTED LAWN MOWER Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIFTED LAWN MOWER   LIFTED LAWN MOWER Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LIFTED LAWN MOWER
Page 1 of 1