All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Peerless 820 info wanted

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
gimpyrobb
gimpyrobb

Peerless 820 info wanted Empty
PostSubject: Peerless 820 info wanted   Peerless 820 info wanted Icon_minitimeSeptember 21st 2021, 7:26 pm

So this weekend at Haspin solidified the need for a different tractor for Susan. I didn't get the Gimphorse ready in time, so now its getting a 6speed 820. I think I have another 5speed 820 to put in Susans.

I've read I need to modify the case to through-holes to keep from pulling out the threads. Thats not a problem, but do you guys keep any threads at all?

I've also read the reverse chain is a weak point. I don't remember which chain to swap in, and how many links is needed. Anyone offer help?

Probably going with a doc-locker style locker(non-welded) even though I have welders.

Is there a consensus on brake upgrades?

I will be reading and searching while waiting for input, so links are welcome!

Thanks in advance gang.
Back to top Go down
CraftsmanQuad19
Veteran Member
CraftsmanQuad19
Veteran Member

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2019 Build-Off Finalist
2019 Build-Off Finalist

PostSubject: Re: Peerless 820 info wanted   Peerless 820 info wanted Icon_minitimeSeptember 22nd 2021, 11:59 am

The original thread on the mowrons tractors has the answer to your reverse chain question, and they might go through a couple other details with the transaxle, but it’s been a LONG time since I’ve read through it.

Mowron Tractor Thread

MightyRaze likes this post

Back to top Go down
gimpyrobb
gimpyrobb

PostSubject: Re: Peerless 820 info wanted   Peerless 820 info wanted Icon_minitimeApril 28th 2022, 8:55 pm

SO in talking to stretch and watching videos, it looks like we are getting solid axles, doclocker, # 40 chain, and through bolts. Seems I can get hubs for the 4 bolt rims I've got so that is a plus too!

Last edited by MightyRaze on June 11th 2022, 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : cleaned so #1 does not show as hashtag links)
Back to top Go down
gimpyrobb
gimpyrobb

PostSubject: Re: Peerless 820 info wanted   Peerless 820 info wanted Icon_minitimeMay 13th 2022, 8:18 pm

The axle has arrived along with the rotor, caliper, master cyl, hubs, bushings, and bearings. I've got the first case split, cleaned, bored, and broached. Getting ready to put it back together. I'll try to post some pics if I get a chance. I've got to go out of town Sat, so nothing till Sun at the earliest.

MightyRaze and Brianator like this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peerless 820 info wanted   Peerless 820 info wanted Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Peerless 820 info wanted
Page 1 of 1