All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

My Tractor Build

Go down 
+15
redneckandy
Jordan
vpk
redneckwagon
CMHN
ferg
redzz02
kill all tuners!
dangeroustoys56
Ford Boi
craftsman30mph
arild365
dirtybird
CityRedneck
product
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
arild365

My Tractor Build - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Tractor Build   My Tractor Build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2011, 7:58 pm

haha sick man! love the beer holder Wink Wered you get it? like the idea. yah cutting corners aint good, might as well do it right the first time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/arild365
product
product

PostSubject: Re: My Tractor Build   My Tractor Build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 29th 2011, 9:15 pm

arild365 wrote:
haha sick man! love the beer holder Wink Wered you get it? like the idea. yah cutting corners aint good, might as well do it right the first time.

it was originlly a "wedge style" cupholder u shove between seats in a vehicle but i cut her up and cut a whole in the fender and she fits mint!
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: My Tractor Build   My Tractor Build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2011, 9:10 pm

Down here a golf kart rack n pinion would work- try searching some junkyards or local ads for a small car you could pull one off - ive herd of people making them sealed by filling em with fluid, then using caps to seal it- you wouldnt need a steering pump because its so light.

I know monster lawntractors ( the ones running 44" tall mud tires) use some sort of rack system. Any way to make some sort of adjustable direct steer setup? Like on a RER tractor/go kart - have the center solid mounted, with hiem joints for flex .
Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

PostSubject: Re: My Tractor Build   My Tractor Build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2011, 9:29 pm

Like that cupholder but I think it will be your tractor's most useless feature lol
Back to top Go down
product
product

PostSubject: Re: My Tractor Build   My Tractor Build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2011, 10:39 pm

Ford Boi wrote:
Like that cupholder but I think it will be your tractor's most useless feature lol

actually ur wrong itll probly be the most used feature me and my buddy originally built these for hortons runs haha gotta have a cup holder for those coffees!
Back to top Go down
product
product

PostSubject: Re: My Tractor Build   My Tractor Build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2011, 4:59 pm

so im thinking of stacking my tractor im gonna keep this muffler for the practical purposes of a quiet exhaust but i think a beast liek this deserves a stack lol im gonna use a shitty 5-8 HP muffler to quiet it down a bit and hopefully it actually makes a difference but thats the plans and i should be starting on it next weekend. let me no wat u guys think
Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

PostSubject: Re: My Tractor Build   My Tractor Build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2011, 6:06 pm

product wrote:
actually ur wrong itll probly be the most used feature me and my buddy originally built these for hortons runs haha gotta have a cup holder for those coffees!

HAha I meant from the off-road / spill point of view Laughing

Heeyyyyyy wait a minute. That's MCD's coffee!!
Back to top Go down
product
product

PostSubject: Re: My Tractor Build   My Tractor Build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2011, 6:57 pm

Ford Boi wrote:
product wrote:

HAha I meant from the off-road / spill point of view Laughing

Heeyyyyyy wait a minute. That's MCD's coffee!!

ahahahahahaha yea i no.. my parents went to mcdonalds for my bro and asked if i wanted a coffee..
Back to top Go down
product
product

PostSubject: Re: My Tractor Build   My Tractor Build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2011, 6:58 pm

so i got the great idea of trying to build my own muffler aha i got two designs. lets hope we got some muffler gurus here cuz i want the quietest possible. heres a pick of my designs. critisize all u want i need a muffler thats gonna work!

My Tractor Build - Page 3 Mufflerdesign-1
Back to top Go down
arild365
arild365

PostSubject: Re: My Tractor Build   My Tractor Build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2011, 9:50 pm

That should work man! should make er pretty quiet. Just make sure not too make it so that theres TOO much back pressure or else you loose power and it may not run right. Maybe try a small car muffler? good luck!
Back to top Go down
product
product

PostSubject: Re: My Tractor Build   My Tractor Build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2011, 10:08 pm

arild365 wrote:
That should work man! should make er pretty quiet. Just make sure not too make it so that theres TOO much back pressure or else you loose power and it may not run right. Maybe try a small car muffler? good luck!

which one do you think is the better choice and i cant use a car muffler because theyre too big it has to be quite small haha
Back to top Go down
CMHN
CMHN

PostSubject: Re: My Tractor Build   My Tractor Build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2011, 12:33 pm

Packing with the exhaust fiber will make it quieter than without.
Back to top Go down
http://ctraugh.blogspot.com/
product
product

PostSubject: Re: My Tractor Build   My Tractor Build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2011, 2:19 pm

hey guys i got a ton of updates but i have no time to post up pics yet cuz i gotta go back up to sudbury, so come back on here around 10 (-5 EST) and i will have the pics up!

Back to top Go down
product
product

PostSubject: Re: My Tractor Build   My Tractor Build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2011, 9:49 pm

UPDATES

My Tractor Build - Page 3 IMG-20111111-00212
winters comin in the great north so we took them to my buddys little garage so we can weld and build these things in warmth. (hes got a wood stove)

My Tractor Build - Page 3 IMG-20111112-00213
couldnt believe it but my buddy scored 2 rack an pinions off a guy, YES

My Tractor Build - Page 3 IMG-20111112-00217
mounted that rack and pinion in there

My Tractor Build - Page 3 IMG-20111112-00219
another view

My Tractor Build - Page 3 IMG-20111113-00220
did my front mount battery relocation! looks factory! im very impressed by it

My Tractor Build - Page 3 IMG-20111113-00221
did the gas tank relocation too! fit liek a glove in there couldnt believe it

My Tractor Build - Page 3 IMG-20111113-00222
gettin road legal

My Tractor Build - Page 3 IMG-20111113-00223
drop bracket support bars

My Tractor Build - Page 3 IMG-20111113-00224
transmission support brackets
Back to top Go down
arild365
arild365

PostSubject: Re: My Tractor Build   My Tractor Build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2011, 10:28 pm

WOOT!!! Yah man! shes looking real good!! i think this is the only current in progress build right now Razz Cant believe your buddy scored those tho you lucky b*sterd!! Razz soo jelous. Did he say what there off of? id like to try to find a set up like that! looks pretty stong. Sooo...whats left? just bout time fer a test drive?? Very Happy is that still the stock pulley on the back? planning on changing that?

keep us posted! thanks fer the pics!
Back to top Go down
product
product

PostSubject: Re: My Tractor Build   My Tractor Build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2011, 10:41 pm

arild365 wrote:
WOOT!!! Yah man! shes looking real good!! i think this is the only current in progress build right now Razz Cant believe your buddy scored those tho you lucky b*sterd!! Razz soo jelous. Did he say what there off of? id like to try to find a set up like that! looks pretty stong. Sooo...whats left? just bout time fer a test drive?? Very Happy is that still the stock pulley on the back? planning on changing that?

keep us posted! thanks fer the pics!

thanks man! and yea i couldnt believe he got them either, and they were off of go karts he was pretty surprised wen we told him theyre going on lawnmowers. and yea its super strong thats y i like it Smile and whats left? hmm i gotta get my steering shaft done and my exhaust stack, which im doin friday, and hook up my brakes! then im done that'll get her goin! for other stuff i wanna build a front bumper and what not but shes so close. im aimin to get it done next weekend so i can have her in the parade on the 3rd
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: My Tractor Build   My Tractor Build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2011, 10:53 pm

Im not sure how the local authorites would consider that road legal - lawntractors down here in the states arent legal for road use , altho people have driven them short distances from yard to yard ( to mow) - i was pulled over on my mod 94 murray by a sheriff a few years back , just taking a spin down the street- he didnt give me a ticket, he was just curious about the tractor .

ATV's are 'street legal' down here in Florida - only on dirt roads/side roads up to 40mph if theyre liscenced and insured - up north its manditiory for both, but arent street legal at all.

I know golf karts can be made street legal up in Canada with certain changes, they also sell street legal golf karts here as well.

Just be ready for a ticket....

The tractor is comming along pretty cool - the steering setup should work good , almost ready for a first run- i like the cleaness of the build, looks like craftsman almost factory built it.
Back to top Go down
product
product

PostSubject: Re: My Tractor Build   My Tractor Build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 13th 2011, 11:28 pm

dangeroustoys56 wrote:
Im not sure how the local authorites would consider that road legal - lawntractors down here in the states arent legal for road use , altho people have driven them short distances from yard to yard ( to mow) - i was pulled over on my mod 94 murray by a sheriff a few years back , just taking a spin down the street- he didnt give me a ticket, he was just curious about the tractor .

ATV's are 'street legal' down here in Florida - only on dirt roads/side roads up to 40mph if theyre liscenced and insured - up north its manditiory for both, but arent street legal at all.

I know golf karts can be made street legal up in Canada with certain changes, they also sell street legal golf karts here as well.

Just be ready for a ticket....

The tractor is comming along pretty cool - the steering setup should work good , almost ready for a first run- i like the cleaness of the build, looks like craftsman almost factory built it.

i cant say im 100% sure im gonna ask a cop to be 100% but ive gone thru the highway traffic act of ontario for agricultural vehicles and lawn mowers r actually considered tractors and it can be counted road legal agricultural equipment. the vehicle just has to be on 4 wheels, go under 40 km/h, and display a SMV sign, also needs front aqnd rear lights if traveling in the dark. and if the cops gets techinical he can bust out the "you have to be traveling to a farm or home" i can either say im going to my buddies farm or im coming home from it. and here in ontario ATV's r only street legal when the lake is frozen any other time no way ur getting a ticket.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: My Tractor Build   My Tractor Build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 14th 2011, 8:06 am

Just warning you is all - mine looked totally stock , cept i didnt have the deck on it . I didnt realize i had already passed the sheriff once doing about 25mph ( he was sitting farther back on a side street) - i spun around ready to wind it up and i saw him - i waved at him ( cause i knew i was screwed) and just pulled over.

He was pretty cool tho, he told me of some drunk people doing stunts on busy streets on ATV's before - he just wanted to check things out , i live on a sort of quiet side street just outside of town - he didnt really give me permission to run on the street, but he didnt say i really couldnt either - i told him its something ive been tinkering with and just wanted to take a spin - i didnt think itd hurt .

Odd thing is kids drive ATV's, go karts, minibikes , adults drive non street legal golf karts up and down the street with no issues - probably a bright red lawn tractor with no deck doing 30mph down the street sent up a red flag.....

On my one mod i mounted a gutted deck and bagger setup , i couldnt get that thing fast enough tho... i might mount pieces of the deck on the next mod to make it look like a 'normal' mower.....
Back to top Go down
product
product

PostSubject: Re: My Tractor Build   My Tractor Build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 14th 2011, 5:20 pm

just make it a sleeper eh? Razz lmaoo
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: My Tractor Build   My Tractor Build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2011, 12:20 am

Yepper- wanted it to look ' normal ' , cept when it hauled arse down the road - even with the whole bagger setup on it.

Just couldnt get the speed out of it that i wanted -
Back to top Go down
arild365
arild365

PostSubject: Re: My Tractor Build   My Tractor Build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2011, 12:57 am

damn man i just cant get enough of this build! its genius! Everything just looks soo right! Your getting soo lucky on finding everthing you need too! Usually when i build/ mod stuff i start and a couple weeks in i either cant find a specific part or if i do some dick thinks its work a million bucks! (that is only probs worth bout 80$)

you gunna go with stock steering wheel? what size pulley is going on the back?
Back to top Go down
product
product

PostSubject: Re: My Tractor Build   My Tractor Build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2011, 1:55 am

arild365 wrote:
damn man i just cant get enough of this build! its genius! Everything just looks soo right! Your getting soo lucky on finding everthing you need too! Usually when i build/ mod stuff i start and a couple weeks in i either cant find a specific part or if i do some dick thinks its work a million bucks! (that is only probs worth bout 80$)

you gunna go with stock steering wheel? what size pulley is going on the back?

thanks man! i love it too! and i know what u mean about ppl thinking their stuff is gold trust me its crazy just gotta wait, be patient and keep on that kijiji.ca and snap up a deal b4 anyone else gets the chance haha i got this mint tractor for $50 came with all 3 keys, the frickin owners manual, and the logs of all the routine maintenance done by sears lol only needed a motor. Razz

and the steering wheel? yea im gonna run the stock one i like it Smile

and for a pulley? im gonna see how the stock works out i want the tractor to end up doing about 25 km/h. did it on my friends atv and it seems like its a comfortable speed for a tractor to go.
Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

PostSubject: Re: My Tractor Build   My Tractor Build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2011, 1:21 pm

She's coming along good !! I like that steering rack that is awesome! Do you have a fuel pump to run the tank under the seat? Or is it high enough for gravity to work??
Back to top Go down
product
product

PostSubject: Re: My Tractor Build   My Tractor Build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2011, 3:00 pm

Ford Boi wrote:
She's coming along good !! I like that steering rack that is awesome! Do you have a fuel pump to run the tank under the seat? Or is it high enough for gravity to work??

im gonna have to run a fuel pump. i went on ebay and ordered the oil breather cover that has an extra threaded hole for a pulse tube fitting. that way i dont have to drill into my block to get a pulse i just swap the covers and thread a fitting into the hole. and for a pump im just gonna use one out of a ski-doo safari lol
Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

PostSubject: Re: My Tractor Build   My Tractor Build - Page 3 Icon_minitimeNovember 16th 2011, 12:20 am

Cool man! I have never heard of a breather made like that, good to know! And whatever works for a fuel pump is fine lol. I am the king of making anything from anything work on anything, its cheaper and people are more impressed lol. I use car and truck parts on mowers, and mower parts on cars. Laughing Hell I even used an old VCR for sheet metal for bodywork on an old truck. I also used a mower hood on the same truck lol. Wherever that truck is now I bet the cab floor still says "Craftsman" lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Tractor Build   My Tractor Build - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Tractor Build
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next