All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor)

Go down 
+26
Jamus
Tuffy55
Monocle_Panda
TheRainbowBoxer
Stretch44875
dylansrockinrigs
CraftsmanKid1
Trikahilux
Hillbilly Homer
Dodgermman
canadianromper
gilsonrumbler
McHandyMan
Troy's Mongrels
AcreFarm
ferg
Josh Blair
fetters18
dangeroustoys56
redzz02
F150F250F350
arild365
Ford Boi
craftsman30mph
MSteele323
product
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
product
product

The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) Empty
PostSubject: The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor)   The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2011, 7:42 pm

hey guys thought id make an interesting thread. post up pictures of the tractor that got u all into tractor modding and racing and mudding and what not (if you have them). heres mine! 14.5HP MTD single speed (vaiable pulley)

The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) P4pb1446206
The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) P4pb2124643

Last edited by product on October 5th 2011, 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MSteele323

PostSubject: Re: The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor)   The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2011, 7:50 pm

My first was a 79 Dynamark 8 hp then there was a 88 mtd 12 hp.
The one that got me into it hardcore was the Murrat.
The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) Mytractors134
The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) 06302011-004
What it looked like before it got scraped.

Last edited by MSteele323 on March 22nd 2013, 6:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/msteele323?feature=mhw5
product
product

PostSubject: Re: The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor)   The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2011, 8:05 pm

MSTEELE wrote:
My first was a 79 Dynamark 8 hp then there was a 88 mtd 12 hp.
The one that got me into it hardcore was the Murrat.
The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) IMAG0031-1
What it looked like before it got scraped.

yo that red one is MINT
Back to top Go down
MSteele323

PostSubject: Re: The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor)   The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2011, 8:08 pm

The red one and blue one are the same tractor.
I miss my 90 Murray "Murrat" It was a great tractor the reason it got scraped was all the front end bolts got wallered out. and the transmission detonated b/c the person who welded the rear end half assed the welds.then there was the motor knock . well i got so frustrated with it that it was parted out and scraped.
I am looking for another like it to resurrect the "murrat" .
I still have the nose and the fenders from that tractor.

Last edited by MSTEELE on October 5th 2011, 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
product
product

PostSubject: Re: The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor)   The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2011, 8:10 pm

MSTEELE wrote:
The red one and blue one are the same tractor.

holy shit dude ur good lol
Back to top Go down
MSteele323

PostSubject: Re: The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor)   The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2011, 8:16 pm

That Murray had 3 different paintjobs done to it. the last one i sanded it down all the way. it was shot with rustolem red with automotive clearcoat.
The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) IMAG00035
this was the 2nd paintjob it had. romping is really hard on paint.

Last edited by MSteele323 on March 22nd 2013, 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
craftsman30mph
craftsman30mph

PostSubject: Re: The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor)   The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2011, 9:20 pm

here was my first serious tractor I ever did much with I had some that I actually mowed with but this was the first one I really customized

The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) P7290023
Back to top Go down
MSteele323

PostSubject: Re: The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor)   The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2011, 9:24 pm

craftsman30mph wrote:
here was my first serious tractor I ever did much with I had some that I actually mowed with but this was the first one I really customized

Cool tractor. Is that a Toro Or wheel-horse?
Back to top Go down
craftsman30mph
craftsman30mph

PostSubject: Re: The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor)   The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2011, 9:39 pm

MSTEELE wrote:
craftsman30mph wrote:

Cool tractor. Is that a Toro Or wheel-horse?
Wheel horse for sure C-105 I believe not positive of the exact model
Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

PostSubject: Re: The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor)   The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2011, 10:23 pm

Well to be honest my first tractor I used as a buggy was my Rally lol (when my parents weren't paying attention, as a kid I would drop the deck and go rip in the woods lol) But the first mower I modded was a 1974 no-name... 8HP Briggs, 3-spd Peerless. It had no stickers, and to this day I've seen nothing like it. Anybody recognize what it is maybe??
These pics are about 9 years ago me on the left an old friend on the right that I got the mower from. I think I was 16. That mower went 63kmh lol

The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) N901025330_2818217_4632

The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) N901025330_2818219_4910

Back to top Go down
product
product

PostSubject: Re: The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor)   The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2011, 10:28 pm

Ford Boi wrote:
Well to be honest my first tractor I used as a buggy was my Rally lol (when my parents weren't paying attention, as a kid I would drop the deck and go rip in the woods lol) But the first mower I modded was a 1974 no-name... 8HP Briggs, 3-spd Peerless. It had no stickers, and to this day I've seen nothing like it. Anybody recognize what it is maybe??
These pics are about 9 years ago me on the left an old friend on the right that I got the mower from. I think I was 16. That mower went 63kmh lol

The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) N901025330_2818217_4632

The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) N901025330_2818219_4910

OMG my friend just pick up one of these off the side of the road!! ill get some pics this weekend to prove it lol its a FMC bolens!
Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

PostSubject: Re: The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor)   The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2011, 10:30 pm

No way lol. Yea Bolens could be right, because now that you mention it I did take some parts off a similar tractor my friend had years ago that was a Bolens. No the same body but similar. I wish I had never given that old thing away Sad It still worked.
Back to top Go down
arild365
arild365

PostSubject: Re: The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor)   The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2011, 11:09 pm

My first ever lawn tractor was a craftsman LT4000 witch we all know and love today as Torque. I got er about 5 years ago and since then shes come a long way!! When i got er she was completely stock and was still able to cut grass. These next pics are OLD and i cant believe how far shes come!

The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) B53GFogWkKGrHqEOKjUEyWuqB2uoBMvPQdkM0Q_1

and after a alright paint job, some tires and a straight pipe (witch didnt last long) she looked... alright

The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) HPIM1565

... and after a tire swap, pulley swap and some mud...

The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) HPIM1749

And now... after five years of tractor learning, colecting and breaking if just about create a masterpiece...

The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) HPIM1940

this is not something you can learn in a day. Like any masterpiece, it takes for ever too complete. Im still not even close to done this tractor and hope to never be cause i enjoy it and have learned sooo much.

I never would have guessed, five years ago, that id end up with 8+ and counting tractors!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/arild365
MSteele323

PostSubject: Re: The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor)   The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) Icon_minitimeOctober 5th 2011, 11:16 pm

arild365 you should change its name to Monster.
Back to top Go down
F150F250F350
F150F250F350

PostSubject: Re: The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor)   The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) Icon_minitimeOctober 13th 2011, 8:47 pm

I rebuilt a 1136 Dynamark but this is the firts one that I did to play on I did it the same time that I did the Dynamark.

The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) Lymanstruckproject026
Back to top Go down
redzz02
Site VIP
redzz02
Site VIP

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2016 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2015
1st Place Winner Build-Off 2015
1st Place Build-Off 2017
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2017
1st Place Build-Off 2018
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2018

PostSubject: Re: The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor)   The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) Icon_minitimeOctober 13th 2011, 11:14 pm

my first tractor was a dynamark with 18's on the back and an 11hp started off like this
The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) P_001510

and then this
The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) P_001910

and then this
The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) P_002910

and finaly it took a turn and goet dropped 4 inches off the grond with 16's and 15's with a live axle and a peerless 700 gear box for about half a year and now she is no more
The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) Sspx0112

she was a great mower. but got tired of pissing around with her she got her name the devil child because everything when wrong with it lol it broke nonstop
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor)   The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) Icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2011, 8:27 pm

Ive had more mod tractors then offroads- altho i did take alot of my stock mowers thru the 'mud test' - first ever one i continuously used mudding totally stock ( cept for bigger wheels) was my 70 toro 550 - still have it and still runs- i 'retired ' it from mudding and i plan on restoring it to mow again sometime- this actually was my first tractor that kick started my collecting actually - its one of the collection that ill never sell:

The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) Toro10

My Agway - used it to mow for a while, then when i moved south i took the deck off and went mudding behind the folks house in the swamp - before and currently ( in process of modding):

The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) Agway_10
The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) Offroa10

Craftsman - used it for mudding after getting it running, then modded it for speed- those days ended when the trans self destructed - need to build a deck to mow with it , plan on adding some neon and stuff to it also - a before pic and current pic :
The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) Crafts10
The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) Crafts11

Mod murray - this thing started as a $100 junker, using the original 14.5OHV briggs, i propelled it to around 20 ish MPH - i added a 18.5 HP opposed twin and that shot it up to freaking scarey speeds ( too fast for a near stock tractor) talking 30 plus mph ( never did find out what WOT was in 6th)- its in pieces under a tarp awaiting a proper rebuild:

The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) Mod_mu10

My last mod ( till i get time for my current ones) is a 91 MTD - using pieces i had, i made it handle pretty darn good , just by lowering it and adding a foot throttle - wasnt all that fast tho- chassis is being used for my stock MTD task force mower, due to its chassis bieng rotted out:

The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) Mod_mt10

Other projects include:

2003 bolens chassis, 69 wheelhorse sheetmetal conglomerated into a rusty looking , super fast hot rod rat rod with a 18.5HP twin opposed, straight axle and more goodies.

80's wizard into a 'go kart' - low , 6" wheels, straight rear axle, 6.5HP motor ,reinforced to the hilt for phase 2, installing a horizontal twin to run the bejeebus outta it.

Couple mower rebuilds.....

Back to top Go down
fetters18
fetters18

PostSubject: Re: The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor)   The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) Icon_minitimeOctober 15th 2011, 7:40 pm

my first muddin tractor is this
[img]The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) N[/img]
Back to top Go down
Josh Blair

PostSubject: Re: The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor)   The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) Icon_minitimeOctober 16th 2011, 5:16 pm

im just getting started in this and I have basically what torque started out as except the deck is off. she doesn`t charge right, i need help! i will post a pic as soon as i bring my camera in
Back to top Go down
Josh Blair

PostSubject: picture of my first   The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) Icon_minitimeOctober 17th 2011, 11:20 am

The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) Normal_PIC_0107
The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) Normal_PIC_0106
The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) Normal_PIC_0105
Back to top Go down
arild365
arild365

PostSubject: Re: The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor)   The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) Icon_minitimeOctober 17th 2011, 7:13 pm

nice man!! yah Torque had the same charging problem! I guess that was a bad model for electrical cause ive talked to quite a few people who say the same thing! What i did is just rewired the hole thing and that fixed all my problems. Looks good so far, cant wait to see more.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/arild365
ferg
ferg

PostSubject: Re: The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor)   The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) Icon_minitimeOctober 26th 2011, 7:47 pm

The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) Screen10

I pulley swapped this thing and it did about 30mph!!!!!! It was so scary, the back axels just had copper blocks as bearings, and they would smoke, it had no breaks and the steering was loose as anything.

but everything on it slowly broke and i took off the engine and scrapped it Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Josh Blair

PostSubject: Re: The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor)   The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) Icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2011, 7:14 pm

well I went for my very first mudding romp. ( Insert scary music here ) and i flipped it. My first romp. she is alright flipped her over started back up. what better first romp?!!

P.S. i took a vid while flipping i will post soon as it uploads
Back to top Go down
product
product

PostSubject: Re: The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor)   The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) Icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2011, 7:56 pm

Josh Blair wrote:
well I went for my very first mudding romp. ( Insert scary music here ) and i flipped it. My first romp. she is alright flipped her over started back up. what better first romp?!!

P.S. i took a vid while flipping i will post soon as it uploads

post it up!
Back to top Go down
Josh Blair

PostSubject: Re: The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor)   The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) Icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2011, 1:23 am

if the quality is bad i will reupload
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor)   The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next