All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor)

Go down 
+26
Jamus
Tuffy55
Monocle_Panda
TheRainbowBoxer
Stretch44875
dylansrockinrigs
CraftsmanKid1
Trikahilux
Hillbilly Homer
Dodgermman
canadianromper
gilsonrumbler
McHandyMan
Troy's Mongrels
AcreFarm
ferg
Josh Blair
fetters18
dangeroustoys56
redzz02
F150F250F350
arild365
Ford Boi
craftsman30mph
MSteele323
product
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Josh Blair

The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor)   The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2011, 1:23 am

if the quality is bad i will reupload
Back to top Go down
AcreFarm
AcreFarm

PostSubject: Re: The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor)   The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 4th 2011, 8:59 pm

Here's the one that got me into modifying tractors. I've been abusing and rebuilding this for 14 years now, if my memory serves me right. Pictures are as found, the first rendition, and its current configuration.
free for the taking
The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) - Page 2 Speedb4
Repowered with a 28ci Briggs (25 head, enlarged oil return, double valve springs, port matched flo-jet, shaved eyebrows, no governor) 8/3.5 pulleys, Foote 4010 transaxle, lowered, solid-mount front axle, side-dump exhaust
The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) - Page 2 Speedymowchine

Raised back up, repowered with a stroked 25ci Briggs, snorkel intake, full length stepped exhaust, center-bolt mounted front wheels, replaced the rear end with a Peerless 900 6 speed (locked and axle bearings added), direct steering, rack and bumper added
The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) - Page 2 IMG_0275
The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) - Page 2 IMG_0277
Back to top Go down
Troy's Mongrels
Troy's Mongrels

PostSubject: my first   The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 6th 2011, 6:00 pm

it had a 12.5 briggs and a 6spd
Back to top Go down
McHandyMan

PostSubject: Re: The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor)   The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2011, 9:01 am

i hade an old 1985 turf trac 16/44 tractor bought it for 65$$ and thats in canada! but the front axex broke so i only welded it and next day i got 300 dollers! the thing was mint and could mow a golf cours and you couldent tell the differnts! awsome find but i like the money more... the pic is offf google but mine was the same but the fenders where in better shape.
The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) - Page 2 Pbucket
Back to top Go down
gilsonrumbler
gilsonrumbler

PostSubject: Re: The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor)   The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 10th 2011, 8:25 pm

The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) - Page 2 2lo130g

its been through hell and back until i finally scrapped it which i regretted later on.... i really didn't take care of this tractor at all no clutch setup and tons of slamming it between R and 3rd. to this day i still havent found another one to build up
Back to top Go down
canadianromper
canadianromper

PostSubject: Re: The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor)   The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeDecember 26th 2011, 4:47 pm

this is the first tractor that i got and then i started to work on it and i got it running. Then the first thing i daid was take it into a really deepmud hole.

The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) - Page 2 GEDC2454
Back to top Go down
Dodgermman
Dodgermman

PostSubject: Re: The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor)   The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 14th 2012, 9:24 pm

My first tractor that i started to modify was this masterpiece
The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) - Page 2 User49075_pic1392_1287445290
The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) - Page 2 User49075_pic1394_1287445290
The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) - Page 2 User49075_pic1393_1287445290
Back to top Go down
Hillbilly Homer
Hillbilly Homer

PostSubject: Re: The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor)   The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 15th 2012, 10:49 am

My first modified tractor was a 2n ford.

Crying or Very sad ...sadly i have no pics... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Trikahilux
Trikahilux

PostSubject: Re: The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor)   The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 9th 2012, 7:35 pm

[img]The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) - Page 2 7539193912_851fd140cd_m[/img]

This ones my first! been mowing a wheeling her since I was 16 and shes still running like a top. Twisted Evil

Wish it wasn't a hydro thou!!! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
CraftsmanKid1
CraftsmanKid1

PostSubject: my first tractor   The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 13th 2012, 11:29 am

mine is a 64 bolens husky 800 i got it from my great grandpa it sat for 7 years then this spring threw a battery cleaned the carb and a couple rolls later it was running i need to get a starter generator for it so it will stay running and charge the battery
Back to top Go down
dylansrockinrigs
dylansrockinrigs

PostSubject: Re: The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor)   The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 14th 2012, 9:57 pm

What got me started was when i was 8 i tore apart a craftsman with a sledge hammer then my parents bought a John deere i used to cut the grass and when i was done drop the deck and go through the woods and all kinds of mud and creeks
Back to top Go down
Stretch44875
Administrator
Stretch44875
Administrator

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor)   The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2012, 11:05 am

I had the same tractor as dangerous toys, a 5hp toro. Mowed with it, and made money with it. Did a pulley swap, but could still mow in first gear. Put on a 8hp engine, and pulley swapped the deck, it would throw grass 30 feet. Put a solid rear axle in it. This was all when I was around 14 or 15. It's been gone for years. Did a lot of off roading with it. Top speed was maybe 18mph?
Back to top Go down
TheRainbowBoxer
TheRainbowBoxer

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor)   The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 15th 2012, 3:22 pm

Stretch, wasn't that the tractor you put the rope-actuated steering on back when we were messing around in the woods behind my parents?

Proud member of the Mower Cycle Gang... aka the "Mowrons!"

My build (Chaos is one of 3 built like this)
Chaos Build

The Mower Cycle Gang visited 1puglife in May 2014
Check out the pics and vids!

Haspin 2021 was a blast!  Check out pics and vids here
Haspin 2021 thread

Join us for the annual Mowron-fest at Haspin Acres!
Haspin Acres Rally 2022!

Check out my YouTube for more tractor action, my vlog, and my bus build!
TheRainbowBoxer on YouTube
Back to top Go down
Stretch44875
Administrator
Stretch44875
Administrator

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor)   The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 16th 2012, 8:38 am

Yep, steering gear broke, and used rope and steering wheel to turn wheels. Didn't work all that well. Eventually, I had Mom pick me up a new gear from dealership.
Back to top Go down
Monocle_Panda
Monocle_Panda

PostSubject: Re: The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor)   The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2012, 12:22 am

My son and I just finished painting her and wiring the LED front and rear running lights. It's a Husqvarna LT145
The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) - Page 2 Img-2012
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor)   The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 8th 2012, 4:58 pm

Stretch44875: i nearly bot this one 70's toro off a guy with a tractor junkyard where i used to buy parts from - said it looked just like mine, cept he put a 18HP twin on it and it still had the deck on it and mowed - i was REAL close to getting it - couldnt swing the $350 he wanted for it tho at the time.

Bet that thing ran super fast, in the guys spare time he built and raced lawntractors.

I got mine with broken steering gears as well - i bot parts off a junked toro from that tractor junkyard guy to get it to steer right - i figure if it ever breaks again, ill do a direct steering on it.
Back to top Go down
Tuffy55

PostSubject: Re: The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor)   The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2013, 4:23 pm

The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) - Page 2 120_1210

My first and only tractor

craftsman lt 4000
Back to top Go down
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor)   The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2013, 6:46 pm

Nice tractor Tuffy, has a tuff look to it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcbashers.com
Tuffy55

PostSubject: Re: The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor)   The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2013, 8:05 pm

haha thanks
Back to top Go down
tractorboy567
tractorboy567

PostSubject: Re: The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor)   The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2013, 9:24 pm

my first tractor that i used was a 1983 simplicity 4211. it was slow but a tank, i wish i never got rid of that thing, sold it for 50 bucks.. ripped off!
Back to top Go down
13mudman13

PostSubject: Re: The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor)   The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 24th 2013, 9:36 pm

Mine was a 1974 snapper RER bought it for 5 bucks at a auction got it running right after the auction, sadly it is now scrapped
Back to top Go down
BlackMountian88
BlackMountian88

PostSubject: Re: The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor)   The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 25th 2013, 12:43 pm

This is my first tractor, the first picture is it as a mudder, and the second is after hot-rodification! Murray Pro 18hp twin. Started as hydro, and is now a 6 speed.
The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) - Page 2 Img_1311
The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) - Page 2 Noah1_10
Back to top Go down
Tuffy55

PostSubject: Re: The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor)   The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFebruary 8th 2013, 7:51 pm

I love the red and black colors looking good
Back to top Go down
Murray modder
Murray modder

PostSubject: Re: The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor)   The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFebruary 8th 2013, 11:52 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor)   The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Tractor That Got You All Into This (First Tractor)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2