All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

hot wire my troy bilt

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DiGiacomo
DiGiacomo

hot wire my troy bilt Empty
PostSubject: hot wire my troy bilt   hot wire my troy bilt Icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2024, 6:27 pm

I've been waiting all winter to get a good snow .......we got 12" last nite and i couldn't wait to get my blade working.........and the damn troy bilt wouldn't start......some one strarted with a srewdriver in the past and the key would try to fall out but it has been starting since i got it.......today it decided not to go..[no starter turn]...good battery voltage.....I can't hear the carb solinoid click.......the start solinoid will turn it when shortted and i can get it to run a few seconds with a starter jump.and a shot of gas in the carb......so i have spark...no click on the starter solinoid from the key switch????..........so I'm guessing starter switch decided it didn't want to work in the bad weather.......  

I will order a new switch........My question is ..........how do i hotwire it [ I sure would like to blade some snow}...It is a 7 prong plug...........I'm guessing just two wires??....I don't have any safety switches active on it.......and I never had to do any wiring to it...
Back to top Go down
ranch king pro 08
ranch king pro 08

2023 Build-Off Top 3 Winner

PostSubject: Re: hot wire my troy bilt   hot wire my troy bilt Icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2024, 6:44 pm

@DiGiacomo on the carburetor solenoid there's two wires coming out one gets grounded out and the other gets hooked directly to a 12 volt positive, me personally I got tired of fooling with mine so I took it out and I cut the stopper off with a grinder lol!
Back to top Go down
ranch king pro 08
ranch king pro 08

PostSubject: Re: hot wire my troy bilt   hot wire my troy bilt Icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2024, 6:52 pm

Coming to think of it you could probably hardwire the fuel solenoid directly to the battery side of the starter solenoid
Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
MightyRaze
Administrator

2017 Build-Off Finalist
2017 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2018 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2019 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2019 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2022
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2022
10,000 POSTS!
10,000 POSTS!
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: hot wire my troy bilt   hot wire my troy bilt Icon_minitimeMarch 14th 2024, 9:48 pm

ranch king pro 08 wrote:
Coming to think of it you could probably hardwire the fuel solenoid directly to the battery side of the starter solenoid

I would not do that.  It would stay on all the time and possibly burn up.  Except maybe to test.  Like you mentioned, unscrew it out of the carb and cut it off. is the best option.  Just get you a manual fuel shutoff to put in line for when not in use.

hot wire my troy bilt Sig115PROJECTS:
     Marshal ........93 Craftsman GT6000      
     Red Bandit ...72 Wheel Horse Raider 12
     Dirty Rat........77 Sears Suburban
     Bowser..........01 Murray Widebody LT
     Other projects
Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@MightyRaze" in your post!
hot wire my troy bilt Sig214hot wire my troy bilt Sig314

ranch king pro 08 likes this post

Back to top Go down
ranch king pro 08
ranch king pro 08

PostSubject: Re: hot wire my troy bilt   hot wire my troy bilt Icon_minitimeMarch 15th 2024, 12:00 am

@MightyRaze that's a very good point, I should have specified I meant for his temporary hot wiring use he could put it onto the battery side and then disconnect it after just so he didn't have to cut up his fuel solenoid if he didn't want to Lol
Back to top Go down
JB_4x4

2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: hot wire my troy bilt   hot wire my troy bilt Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2024, 1:47 pm

Cut the harness far enough from the connectors so you can fit a male 1/4" spade connector on one wire, and a female on the other. Then make a matching pair of jumpers both with fuses. Run one directly to the battery (o-ring), one directly to the seat switch (I assume it is still there unused). Fuel cut off (after fire) should stop when you leave the seat.

You can hook up a cheap $3 horn button to start the relay. If yours is a three post, make sure the frame of the relay is grounded.

Back to top Go down
DiGiacomo
DiGiacomo

PostSubject: Re: hot wire my troy bilt   hot wire my troy bilt Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2024, 10:10 pm

I ordered a new switch.......installed.......two new coils installed........no start.....but i got it to turn with key......and got the carb solinoid to activate.............removed both ground wires from the coils......fired right up......I found that the ground wire had rubbed the block and finally shorted thru.....I could see the copper wire.......so i have a new wire with diodes coming......I checked the diodes and they both carry voltage either way........I don't know if you can walkinto a auto store and find these diodes ??? I'll look tomorrow....if i find any I will be able to make a new harness....

thanks for the comments and ideas.......

MightyRaze and ranch king pro 08 like this post

Back to top Go down
JB_4x4

2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: hot wire my troy bilt   hot wire my troy bilt Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2024, 11:43 pm

The Lord of the Tools 20PCS 15SQ060 Schottky Diodes 15A 60V Schottky Barrier Rectifier Diodes Electronic Components for Solar Panel Charger Circuit Product Development

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C77H2S6H?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I ordered these, have not tried them, I hope to soon.

Back to top Go down
TechnoChicken
Established Member
TechnoChicken
Established Member

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: hot wire my troy bilt   hot wire my troy bilt Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2024, 2:14 pm

JB_4x4 wrote:
The Lord of the Tools 20PCS 15SQ060 Schottky Diodes 15A 60V Schottky Barrier Rectifier Diodes Electronic Components for Solar Panel Charger Circuit Product Development

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C77H2S6H?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I ordered these, have not tried them, I hope to soon.
Whoever took the pictures for that ad was intoxicated when they soldered the connections.

Back to top Go down
JB_4x4

2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: hot wire my troy bilt   hot wire my troy bilt Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2024, 6:17 pm

Well, I would say it is rare that the person selling stuff on Amazon actually uses what they sell. Same as the government can outlaw gas chainsaws, but, how many people and presidents (except maybe Reagan) in government have actually used one.

TechnoChicken likes this post

Back to top Go down
TechnoChicken
Established Member
TechnoChicken
Established Member

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: hot wire my troy bilt   hot wire my troy bilt Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2024, 9:12 pm

JB_4x4 wrote:
Well, I would say it is rare that the person selling stuff on Amazon actually uses what they sell.  Same as the government can outlaw gas chainsaws, but, how many people and presidents (except maybe Reagan) in government have actually used one.
Lincoln would have used one to chop down that cherry tree if they'd been invented lol!

JB_4x4 and ranch king pro 08 like this post

Back to top Go down
ranch king pro 08
ranch king pro 08

PostSubject: Re: hot wire my troy bilt   hot wire my troy bilt Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2024, 9:14 pm

@TechnoChicken dude that was Washington CryLaugh
Back to top Go down
TechnoChicken
Established Member
TechnoChicken
Established Member

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: hot wire my troy bilt   hot wire my troy bilt Icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 8:39 am

ranch king pro 08 wrote:
@TechnoChicken dude that was Washington CryLaugh
Oh yeah lol, I thought it was "honest" Abe
Just goes to show which one of us is the Canadian

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hot wire my troy bilt   hot wire my troy bilt Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hot wire my troy bilt
Page 1 of 1