All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Engine Stand

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Plyxrs
Plyxrs

engine - Engine Stand Empty
PostSubject: Engine Stand   engine - Engine Stand Icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2012, 9:38 pm

today i decided to make a home made engine stand for lawn mower engines, its nothing fancy by all means, just thought id share what i made, now in the pics the engine is suppose to sit long ways with the 2x4's but i had it turned in the pic because i was looking at something under the engine, but anyways iv done tested every way the engine can sit on there and its actually very stable so no worries of it tipping over Very Happy i do plan to drill counter sunk holes from underneath so i can use the bolts that you use to bolt the engine to the frame so i can bolt the engine to this stand. well heres the pics.
engine - Engine Stand 0128021756
engine - Engine Stand 0128021756a
engine - Engine Stand 0128021911
engine - Engine Stand 0128021912
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

PostSubject: Re: Engine Stand   engine - Engine Stand Icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2012, 11:19 pm

Thats a Pretty quick and easy design, I like it. I would build it but I dont have any wheels lieing around to use...
Back to top Go down
http://www.stat10.tk/
Plyxrs
Plyxrs

PostSubject: Re: Engine Stand   engine - Engine Stand Icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2012, 3:17 am

Thanks! it took me maybe 30 mins to do everything and that includes using 2 different saws, i think wheels are pretty cheap tho, and they don't even need to be that big that's just what i had laying around, heck i'm sure you could even use the wheels off an old computer chair if you have one of those laying around.
Back to top Go down
AcreFarm
AcreFarm

PostSubject: Re: Engine Stand   engine - Engine Stand Icon_minitimeJanuary 29th 2012, 2:28 pm

That's more convenient than what I use. I've got a side of my work bench drilled to hold engines.
Back to top Go down
Plyxrs
Plyxrs

PostSubject: Re: Engine Stand   engine - Engine Stand Icon_minitimeJanuary 30th 2012, 8:00 pm

hey that works to, but i like this for the simple fact that you can roll it right up next to the mower and pick the engine up and just set it on this. no need for carrying it across the garage or where ever and take the chance on straining your back or anything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Engine Stand   engine - Engine Stand Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Engine Stand
Page 1 of 1