All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Is it a good idea to put a pull start on a tractor?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
canadianromper
canadianromper

Is it a good idea to put a pull start on a tractor? Empty
PostSubject: Is it a good idea to put a pull start on a tractor?   Is it a good idea to put a pull start on a tractor? Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2012, 7:01 pm

i was wondering if it was maybe a good idea to have a pull start on my tractor, so if my battery dies i can just pull start it. let me know if its a good idea
Back to top Go down
Crazymudder
Crazymudder

PostSubject: Re: Is it a good idea to put a pull start on a tractor?   Is it a good idea to put a pull start on a tractor? Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2012, 8:51 pm

Yah thats a Great idea i actually have one one mine it doesn't have a a recoil its a pull rope pretty simple let me know if you want pics
Back to top Go down
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

PostSubject: Re: Is it a good idea to put a pull start on a tractor?   Is it a good idea to put a pull start on a tractor? Icon_minitimeMarch 4th 2012, 11:52 pm

i got my old sears with a rewind on it and its a electric too im taking int off but going to use it on another project i think its a great idea to have
Back to top Go down
canadianromper
canadianromper

PostSubject: Re: Is it a good idea to put a pull start on a tractor?   Is it a good idea to put a pull start on a tractor? Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2012, 6:53 pm

Crazymudder wrote:
Yah thats a Great idea i actually have one one mine it doesn't have a a recoil its a pull rope pretty simple let me know if you want pics
yeah please if you can. and what is better weld it on or just bolt it on i was thinking about it and im not shure
Back to top Go down
Crazymudder
Crazymudder

PostSubject: Re: Is it a good idea to put a pull start on a tractor?   Is it a good idea to put a pull start on a tractor? Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2012, 8:35 pm

I Pretty much just bolted mine on and Took off the leaf guard i didn't weld, simply because i was to young to weld yet so I put the pull start on when i was ten.Also Wouldn't weld because once you weld it is never going to be the same but maybe welding would work better.

Last edited by Crazymudder on June 14th 2012, 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crazymudder
Crazymudder

PostSubject: Re: Is it a good idea to put a pull start on a tractor?   Is it a good idea to put a pull start on a tractor? Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2012, 8:37 pm

I'll make a video tomorrow if thats alright with you affraid
Back to top Go down
canadianromper
canadianromper

PostSubject: Re: Is it a good idea to put a pull start on a tractor?   Is it a good idea to put a pull start on a tractor? Icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2012, 9:01 pm

Crazymudder wrote:
I'll make a video tomorrow if thats alright with you affraid
thanks. yeah i might just bolt it on bc the only welder that is close that i wont have to trailer my tractor is my pappa and its not really worth it to drive up there just for a weld that will take maby five minutes. only problem is the bolts that hold on the cover over the flyweel fans are striped and i dont really want to cut it off bc i dont want to cut the fans.
Back to top Go down
Crazymudder
Crazymudder

PostSubject: Re: Is it a good idea to put a pull start on a tractor?   Is it a good idea to put a pull start on a tractor? Icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2012, 7:51 pm

Maybe heat it up really hot since metal expands when it hot so heat it up. Hopefully its just the nut and buy a new nut but if its the bolt threads maybe rethread it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it a good idea to put a pull start on a tractor?   Is it a good idea to put a pull start on a tractor? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is it a good idea to put a pull start on a tractor?
Page 1 of 1