All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

How do I beef up the rear hitch without welding?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
canadianromper
canadianromper

rear - How do I beef up the rear hitch without welding? Empty
PostSubject: How do I beef up the rear hitch without welding?   rear - How do I beef up the rear hitch without welding? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 7:51 pm

i was thinking because i am hauling a lot of wood with my tractor and it seems to be bending my stock trailer hitch. im not sure how to get it so it is stronger because i cant weld worth a s**t so anyone got any other ideas?
Back to top Go down
CraftsMAN
CraftsMAN

PostSubject: Re: How do I beef up the rear hitch without welding?   rear - How do I beef up the rear hitch without welding? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 1:01 am

Yea, Go to tractor supply or your local hardware store and pick up a couple L brackets. Bolt them in. If this does not work then make some braces for the L brackets.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/CRUSHEMCustoms/
McHandyMan

PostSubject: Re: How do I beef up the rear hitch without welding?   rear - How do I beef up the rear hitch without welding? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 3:12 pm

Just take a strip of flat steel or angle iron and make a notch roe the hole on the back plate. Just weld it underneath cus is long as the thickness is turned up and you got the gas it should work and you can't even see it.or bolt angle iron on Esther side of the hole and it will work too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do I beef up the rear hitch without welding?   rear - How do I beef up the rear hitch without welding? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do I beef up the rear hitch without welding?
Page 1 of 1