All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Does any one know any thing about this Ariens YT10?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
arines 1988

Does any one know any thing about this Ariens YT10? Empty
PostSubject: Does any one know any thing about this Ariens YT10?   Does any one know any thing about this Ariens YT10? Icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2012, 8:50 am

i have a ariens yt10 i dont know how to upload pics but i hope that this will do for pics http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/gravely-ariens/208505-new-old-ariens-yt1138.html this is no my mower i have just like it and want to know if any one has worked on them
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

PostSubject: Re: Does any one know any thing about this Ariens YT10?   Does any one know any thing about this Ariens YT10? Icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2012, 8:52 pm

I used to have the Ariens YT12, I don't think there that good for mudding mowers because the front axle is so small and skinny(thats how it was on my YT12) I liked the mower but I didn't like the double belt set up on my YT12 because I couldn't tension the lower belt with the clutch pedal if I was going through Water because it was the higher belt that had the clutch assembly in it. I know alot of models of the YT12 online have the Hydro rear end but mine had the 3speed high/low transmission. I liked the Mower because I got it for free but then I ended up doing a straight trade for an ATV.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stat10.tk/
arines 1988

PostSubject: Re: Does any one know any thing about this Ariens YT10?   Does any one know any thing about this Ariens YT10? Icon_minitimeMarch 18th 2012, 9:37 am

i know what you mean by the dubble belt i lock the rear on mine so far and got quad tires for and have already had it in the mud and it does really well i was wanting to convert it to a single belt and mine has the 3 speed hi and lo too and i change the moter to a 14.5 hp briggs and it also handles the trails very good i really like the mower how it looks and handles very well as far as the front axle goes yea it could use some help but it handles great i know some one has built one for racing but i askes some questions about the belt setup and no answer mine does slip in the mudd some times but it always goes thru in a lower gear
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

PostSubject: Re: Does any one know any thing about this Ariens YT10?   Does any one know any thing about this Ariens YT10? Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2012, 7:25 pm

arines 1988 wrote:
i know what you mean by the dubble belt i lock the rear on mine so far and got quad tires for and have already had it in the mud and it does really well i was wanting to convert it to a single belt and mine has the 3 speed hi and lo too and i change the moter to a 14.5 hp briggs and it also handles the trails very good i really like the mower how it looks and handles very well as far as the front axle goes yea it could use some help but it handles great i know some one has built one for racing but i askes some questions about the belt setup and no answer mine does slip in the mudd some times but it always goes thru in a lower gear
Yours sounds amazing, And if you convert it to a single belt you would also be putting a lift on it so you might be able to fit some rear lawn tractor tires on the front of the tractor(the spindles are really small so you would have to extend them). yours sounds excatcly like my old one, If I had gotten my 18HP engine before I traded my YT12 I would of popped that thing in a cut the hood to fit(I think the opposed would look sick sticking out so far then put straight pipes with tractor flaps on it. I was worried about the transmission breaking because I saw a video on youtube of a guy who made a racing mower and his trans exploded.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stat10.tk/
arines 1988

PostSubject: Re: Does any one know any thing about this Ariens YT10?   Does any one know any thing about this Ariens YT10? Icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2012, 7:42 am

i seen that too i have to say this mower trany knock on wood has held up to what i have thrown at it i take this mower every where and i will keep posted of what i have done to this one in case any one else wants to build one they will have an idea
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does any one know any thing about this Ariens YT10?   Does any one know any thing about this Ariens YT10? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Does any one know any thing about this Ariens YT10?
Page 1 of 1