All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

I bought another project ariens

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DiGiacomo
DiGiacomo

I bought  another project ariens Empty
PostSubject: I bought another project ariens   I bought  another project ariens Icon_minitimeFebruary 25th 2024, 6:50 pm

I bought an ariends mower 935009..........003026.......38" deck........I guess they were made from 79 to 89??.....this machine is in very nice condition for its age the deck still has paint showing on the UNDER side....... I got the briggs running right away and changed the oil and cleaned the gas tank out..........did not have to touch the carb........and just gave the air filter a dawn bath.....that old flatty pures.......the front tires are almost new, {they still have wiskers on the threads} ........I got an ariens snow blade [in the deal] with hardware [that still had paint on the working side of the blade.........the problem is that the deck was off and it looked like maybe the snow pusher was used last and the deck didn't get put back on and it has i believe some missing hardware for the deck.......it looks like a puzzle to me...........has anyone got any pics that I might look at......just to get some idea of what goes where???
I think I'm gonna have sell this one it's just in too nice of shape.....
thanks for any help

MightyRaze likes this post

Back to top Go down
DiGiacomo
DiGiacomo

PostSubject: Re: I bought another project ariens   I bought  another project ariens Icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 4:27 pm

I buy these old machines just to keep me busy............I bought this old areins with the deck off and "most" of the parts to put it back together....the old brigs fired right up after a fuel tank clean and a solinoid and battery.......changed oil, spark plug.......and carb cleanup.........I pulled the seat switch out and taped a piece of wood to it to straten ti out so it would be more convient to work on......I put the deck all together and was able to get it going long enough to do a lawn test.......it worked good......except that i needed to connect the brake and adjust the pto lever........the next time I fired it up......It started to kill itself whenever I shifted out of neutral.........to any gear???.........so I bypassed the shift safety and ..........that got me back into all gears...........but then when I pushed in on the pto lever it killed again before the pto clutch even engaged???........I did NOT mess with any wiring in between the time i had it mowing and when I connected the brake and ajusted the pto lever???..........I have to wait for a couple inches of snow to melt.......so I thought I would ask the experts about this delemma..........any help would be appreciated.........I have never had this much trouble with a machine..I guess I better go back to the seat switch and see if my tape job is still holding.......I plan on having all safety switches working because I will probably sell this one......

It is just a little puzzeling because it was all working with all switches wired in untill I did the deck brake and adjusted the pto lever.......I must have changed something ?????????????

Back to top Go down
MightyRaze
Administrator
MightyRaze
Administrator

2017 Build-Off Finalist
2017 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2018 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2019 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2019 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2022
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2022
10,000 POSTS!
10,000 POSTS!
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: I bought another project ariens   I bought  another project ariens Icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 4:47 pm

Definitely check that safety you bypassed on the seat.

I bought  another project ariens Sig115PROJECTS:
     Marshal ........93 Craftsman GT6000      
     Red Bandit ...72 Wheel Horse Raider 12
     Dirty Rat........77 Sears Suburban
     Bowser..........01 Murray Widebody LT
     Other projects
Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@MightyRaze" in your post!
I bought  another project ariens Sig214I bought  another project ariens Sig314
Back to top Go down
DiGiacomo
DiGiacomo

PostSubject: Re: I bought another project ariens   I bought  another project ariens Icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 7:52 pm

I pulled the switch out of the seat and activated it's go position and taped it in that position and reconneted the plug......so it is in working order...........I ran it like that all the time that i have been working and testing things............all of a sudden the gear shift killed it.....and at the same time the pto lever would kill it with just a slight movement to engage......I checked the gear shift switch [a switch with a ball bearing for the button] and it checked ok......I took it out, plugged the wire in, pushed the button and it fired up did not kill in gear......so I put it back in place......same deal ........kill in anything but neutral......so I pig tailed the gear switch .........ran in all gears.......but when I went to push the pto lever......the damn thing killed again!!?........I hope to have an AHA moment
soon.......thanks for the reply .....
Back to top Go down
DiGiacomo
DiGiacomo

PostSubject: Re: I bought another project ariens   I bought  another project ariens Icon_minitimeApril 1st 2024, 8:07 pm

I got it together and itis running and mowing........I came to the conclusion that someone else had cussed this mower more than me...........I found a few things that were not put together right [my mistake was thinking that I was the only one to work on it !!! ]   I studied the diagrams until I got it right...........my last words are " I have never worked on a more contrary mower than this ariens .....very  heavy constuction though......I hope to sell it soon.....I'm tired  I bought  another project ariens 1f601 of looking at  it

Back to top Go down
JB_4x4

2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: I bought another project ariens   I bought  another project ariens Icon_minitimeApril 2nd 2024, 6:17 am

I have been on a quest to find some MST-206 6 speed transaxles for my project so they match the steering axle, hopefully no re-gearing needed.  I was thinking about saving this Ariens I just bought at auction with a few other mowers (4 in total) until I lifted the seat.

I bought  another project ariens Z_mowe12

The good news is I think I know why it was non-op, so, I can probably save the engine.  The better news is I found the last 206 I need!

I bought  another project ariens Z_mowe13
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I bought another project ariens   I bought  another project ariens Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I bought another project ariens
Page 1 of 1