All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

What do you do with a cracked water containing seat?

Go down 
+4
arild365
Wheel Crazy
Jamus
F150F250F350
8 posters
AuthorMessage
F150F250F350
F150F250F350

What do you do with a cracked water containing seat? Empty
PostSubject: What do you do with a cracked water containing seat?   What do you do with a cracked water containing seat? Icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2012, 12:16 pm

I have some ideas some I stole others are my own.
My idea would be to put duck tape on it I think I saw that adrid365 did that how does it work does it get sticky?
Any ideas I would like to hear
Back to top Go down
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with a cracked water containing seat?   What do you do with a cracked water containing seat? Icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2012, 3:31 pm

I put a small piece of black duct tape on my MTD seat yesterday. It was only a minor crack though, maybe 1 1/2" long. Sounds like you're trying to fix a much bigger problem. The tape won't last all that long, but it's cheap and easy to keep repairing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcbashers.com
Wheel Crazy
Wheel Crazy

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with a cracked water containing seat?   What do you do with a cracked water containing seat? Icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2012, 4:56 pm

I put duct tape on mine and eventually all the water came out of the seat, worked pretty good!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: What do you do with a cracked water containing seat   What do you do with a cracked water containing seat? Icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2012, 5:16 pm

If it is real bad, I strip it down to just the pan. I have seen water logged seats that weigh close to 30 pounds.
The bare pan dont ride too bad ( as long as you arent sitting on the bolts)
Back to top Go down
arild365
arild365

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with a cracked water containing seat?   What do you do with a cracked water containing seat? Icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2012, 6:32 pm

i use that gorilla tape, i think its sold at home depot, works great. really sticky and is like twice as thick as ductape and actually feels like a fabric. holds up great. I did mine during the summer and let it bake on and get even stickier. Probably do the same effect with a propane torch from a distance or a heater.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/arild365
gilsonrumbler
gilsonrumbler

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with a cracked water containing seat?   What do you do with a cracked water containing seat? Icon_minitimeMarch 27th 2012, 7:28 pm

i remove the plastic seaming and the cracked plastic and recover the seat with some painter's tarp pretty easy to do
Back to top Go down
dked41
dked41

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with a cracked water containing seat?   What do you do with a cracked water containing seat? Icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2012, 11:31 am

I have taken off the foam and sprayed the pan with bedliner, it looks alright and no more water logging.
Back to top Go down
Wheel Crazy
Wheel Crazy

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with a cracked water containing seat?   What do you do with a cracked water containing seat? Icon_minitimeMarch 28th 2012, 10:58 pm

I use Gorilla Duct Tape too!!
Back to top Go down
F150F250F350
F150F250F350

PostSubject: thanks guys   What do you do with a cracked water containing seat? Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2012, 8:41 pm

Hey thanks for all the ideas I think that I will try some tape this sumer and yes I have some big cracks!!!
Back to top Go down
dagr8tim
dagr8tim

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with a cracked water containing seat?   What do you do with a cracked water containing seat? Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2012, 7:13 pm

I'm thinking of getting a metal tractor seat like they had back in the day.
Back to top Go down
http://buckeyejeeps.com
canadianromper
canadianromper

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with a cracked water containing seat?   What do you do with a cracked water containing seat? Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2012, 7:50 pm

dagr8tim wrote:
i have one make sure you get a some sort of ass portection bc if you hit a bump it hurts lol
Back to top Go down
dagr8tim
dagr8tim

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with a cracked water containing seat?   What do you do with a cracked water containing seat? Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2012, 8:05 pm

canadianromper wrote:
dagr8tim wrote:
i have one make sure you get a some sort of ass portection bc if you hit a bump it hurts lol

LOL... don't be a pussy. Do you think our fathers and grandfathers used ass protection.
Back to top Go down
http://buckeyejeeps.com
canadianromper
canadianromper

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with a cracked water containing seat?   What do you do with a cracked water containing seat? Icon_minitimeApril 21st 2012, 8:24 pm

dagr8tim wrote:
canadianromper wrote:
dagr8tim wrote:

LOL... don't be a pussy. Do you think our fathers and grandfathers used ass protection.

yeah i know but they haad a long bar that had a spring on it mine dosent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you do with a cracked water containing seat?   What do you do with a cracked water containing seat? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you do with a cracked water containing seat?
Page 1 of 1