All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

What'd you do today?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dagr8tim
dagr8tim

What'd you do today? Empty
PostSubject: What'd you do today?   What'd you do today? Icon_minitimeApril 15th 2012, 8:33 pm

Now that it's nice and we can do more things. How about share what you did/worked on. Can be non tractor related.

I spent most of the day working on tractors and still didn't get my yard mowed. The LT1000's PTO clutch wouldn't engage the blades, so I dropped the deck. After making sure the brakes worked and greasing everything I put the deck on to discover about an inch and a half of deflection in the belt when the PTO is engaged.

I then tried to work on the Craftsman RER. I had broke the pulley on the deck in the fall of 2010 and never messed with it. I thought I could weld the pulley and the splined hub, but it didn't work. I ended up swapping the jack shaft assembly from the other RER, but need a shorter belt.

And to top it off, I got water in the carb of the push mower and didn't get the yard mowed.
Back to top Go down
http://buckeyejeeps.com
Stretch44875
Administrator
Stretch44875
Administrator

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: What'd you do today?   What'd you do today? Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2012, 1:49 pm

On the racer side, I did some welding on my kids rear engine racer, installing new kingpins/spindles to correct the bad steering geometry. It was the first one to receive a custom front axle, and I needed to update it.

On the mower side, replaced blade adapters on the bolen 125st, and fixed a loose deck pulley. When I went to start it, I screwed up with too much choke and it backfired. After that, no compression. Many hours later chasing the wrong thing, I find out the head gasket is blown. Replaced that and had to bleed down the lifters so the valves would close all the way. It has a 12.5 OHV kohler, with hydraulic lifters. Back up and mowing.

Also new radiator and A/C condenser in the 97 monte carlo.
Replaced CV shafts in Mom's car.
Helped cut in a door on an ex-school bus.

This was over the weekend, had a little help here and there.
Back to top Go down
McHandyMan

PostSubject: Re: What'd you do today?   What'd you do today? Icon_minitimeApril 16th 2012, 11:15 pm

Back to top Go down
dagr8tim
dagr8tim

PostSubject: Re: What'd you do today?   What'd you do today? Icon_minitimeApril 20th 2012, 7:56 am

This was yesterday, but I stripped the seats out of my Jeep and installed a set of leather seats.

What'd you do today? 35903_10151540229790131_886005130_23795746_1093689877_n
Back to top Go down
http://buckeyejeeps.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What'd you do today?   What'd you do today? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What'd you do today?
Page 1 of 1