All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

What have you done to your tractor today?

Go down 
+121
Nevadablue
MudMachine95
TourMax
diddie
Murraymountain
MatthewD
darkside0914
Crazy_Carl
muddstir
Double W Cross Ranch
Buck
biggasmowers
paulnb57
Ranchrodder
onebadLT4000
TedTheDestroyer
jimtolken
RichieRichOverdrive
Warren Evans
MightyRaze
AllisKidD21
Off Road Domination
mowerheadder
CraftsmanQuad19
chevy8988
ratcatcher
Carshowkid
MoMower
sadeoo7
ThatOneTeen
mr.modified
Fordls45
dwcopple
pukesniffer
Thomas de Boer
baymechanic1009
jamcco
CornShuck4CE
Angchor
kawasaki220
RCTankboy
camomanusa
lincolnmaniac
apollodawg
murrayracer
WilliesBuilds
B440
untrusty huskee
craftsmancole
Moose
Lawren Wimberly
Craftsman1998
Creepycrawler
T-Dub13
Ariens YT11
1997 Murray
FOSWMT
willis923
matt-man
Tyler Vanderwege
TheBeal
Kody6
dragon born
the beast
frostypaws
motorizedeverything
k2500life
RCG
Jerbear0612
crazykid1994
TroyBilt Pony
Derbyman103
LAWN MOWER MUDDER
Doc Sprocket
MowBandit
Thecrazyoldcraftman
redlinemotorsportts
Thunderdivine
twinbrothers99
bautwell
Hillbilly Homer
Doug
Kel
13mudman13
xxXMowerdudeXxx
mudmonkey06
grizzlydan
tractorboy567
dylansrockinrigs
truckin42
crafsmankiller
TheRainbowBoxer
Stretch44875
WellThatsSurprising
Tractor Man Jeff
Murray modder
Webmaster
THE MTD GUY
richie thomas
Chopperhed
Marines2621
BlackMountian88
CornishMorgan
gilsonrumbler
AcreFarm
gearheadmike
canadianromper
akcender
Plyxrs
F150F250F350
Fattypipemuarry
kill all tuners!
MSteele323
craftsman30mph
CraftsMAN
Trcustoms
Ford Boi
Jamus
dangeroustoys56
Chunk
Growl60
125 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
Growl60
Growl60

What have you done to your tractor today? Empty
PostSubject: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? Icon_minitimeSeptember 9th 2010, 10:08 pm

I figured since probably a lot of us if not all of us either break or modify something on our tractors every day or so id make a thread on it.

Today I put all new bolts in both sides of the steering assembly on my pre-mtd bolens when i noticed i broke two of them out on the trail. Basicly my steering was not secured on one side haha.
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? Icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2010, 6:38 am

Mines still sitting at the back of my garage half done. Had piles of wheels infront of it, motobike and loads of other crap. Managed to sell the alloys and moved the steelies out the way yesterday, so now I can actually get to it again. cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/csakvids
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? Icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2010, 7:16 pm

Hmm, been a good couple months since i tinkered - actually only time i went in there was to get my weedwacker - things are still sitting where i left em- for some odd reason i cant find all my fans i had out there....

Been too hot and too rainy, and been getting more hours at work- might be able to get out there monday or something.
Back to top Go down
Jamus
Established Member
Jamus
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? Icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2010, 7:34 pm

Mine is still in the build stage and hope to have it running by winter, haha. I worked on it about an hour this evening though. Mostly just bolting stuff on, checking, then unbolting. Cut a hole in the body so I could adjust one of my idler pulleys without pulling the body off. I also figured out my plan for fitting the sheetmetal over the opposed twin. I mocked it up 3" higher and it really doesn't look bad at all. So that's the plan I'm going ahead with, adding 3" of sheetmetal to the dash and moving the hood brackets up(or making new ones probably).
Back to top Go down
http://www.rcbashers.com

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? Icon_minitimeSeptember 10th 2010, 7:59 pm

I did a bunch of mockup on my monster hot rod mower today.
I made an update in the project thread on it.
Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? Icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2010, 9:52 pm

I spent the last 3 days skid-plating up the underneath of my Rally, and building a massive front bumper/ram. Tested it out severely, took out some trees and bottomed out on rocks, skid plates protect like armor. Added a good 25-35 lbs. of steel, extra weight keeps it from wanting to wheelie, and helps plow down obstacles. Only downside is going thru rougher stuff destroyed my front axle beyond repair in only a few hours of driving. Time for a custom tubular or solid set up.
Back to top Go down
Growl60
Growl60

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? Icon_minitimeSeptember 20th 2010, 10:24 pm

Fixed my hood mounts after smacking it into too many trees and other tractors on the trail on friday. My hood was held on by one bolt by the end of the day.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? Icon_minitimeSeptember 21st 2010, 5:02 pm

Managed to get some shed time in ironically last couple days- cooled off a bit:

- Cleaning up the shed a lil bit to get my LT11 at least on 4 wheels

- Took my GT6000 chassis, 94 black murray chassis and 88 kleen kut chassis ( chassis means no engine- they still have wheels/mostly complete) out behind the shed , theyre just sitting anyway.

- Filled up my gas cans ( pretty good MPG for my tractors- was over a year ago i filled em before)

- Today decided to take the 94 murray apart, for easier storage

- yesterday i got the linear actuator and belt tension spring off the GT6000 before parking it- now im thinking of building my own sleeve hitch for the 86 GTII and i need the spring for the 86's deck.

- Took the 14.5HP motor off the agway for now, since it too is sitting- i put the 18.5twin back in the corner behind my 82 dynamark - have to dig that out as well soon.

- Maybe once the LT11 is back on its wheels, ill start taking the wizard apart for its mods.... busy busy busy....

Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? Icon_minitimeSeptember 21st 2010, 8:24 pm

Took a few hours today and built and installed and tested a new front axle in the Rally. Used 1/4"x1 1/2" angle iron, welded 2 into a rectangle, with 1/4" thick 3/4" i.d. pipe from old engine pulleys for spindle sleeves, with grease fittings and original nylon bushings in. Weighs about 3 times as much as original axle, should be tough as hell. Solid, tight and no more sketchiness. Should never bend or break again. Would have pics but my camera is fried Sad once I get a new camera I'll take pics of it on the mower, too bad I couldn't take any fab pics. Oh well, I have a feeling I'll be building another one soon anyway.
Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? Icon_minitimeSeptember 22nd 2010, 3:32 pm

Well since that new beefy front end works so well and lifted the front a bit, I decided to slap some big ATV tires on the rear.... Had some kicking around, had the choice between 22x11" or 25x13"...... The 25's seemed too huge but one of the 22's wouldn't hold air so I slapped the 25's on. Looks ridiculous and goes thru more crap than ever before. Once I can get a camera and pics I will post a huge update in my project thread.
Back to top Go down
Trcustoms
Trcustoms

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? Icon_minitimeSeptember 22nd 2010, 6:37 pm

Ford Boi wrote:
Well since that new beefy front end works so well and lifted the front a bit, I decided to slap some big ATV tires on the rear.... Had some kicking around, had the choice between 22x11" or 25x13"...... The 25's seemed too huge but one of the 22's wouldn't hold air so I slapped the 25's on. Looks ridiculous and goes thru more crap than ever before. Once I can get a camera and pics I will post a huge update in my project thread.

Sweet, can't wait to see them.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? Icon_minitimeSeptember 22nd 2010, 8:13 pm

Ford Boi: If those plastic bushings dont last- try this trick:

Find some black pipe shorty nipples the size of your spindles- cut em in half, then weld it to the axle ( or can run a whole piece thru the axle- with some trimming- then can add a grease zerk) - i did that with my mild mod MTD- axle was so worn out, i bot this box of tools and stuff at a garage sale and it had these steel nipples in it - i tried em out and its super tight and precise steering now.

Just make sure they extend out the same amount as the originals from the axle tho.
Back to top Go down
CraftsMAN
CraftsMAN

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? Icon_minitimeSeptember 24th 2010, 6:12 pm

I got mine stuck in a swamp in NY. lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/CRUSHEMCustoms/
Trcustoms
Trcustoms

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? Icon_minitimeSeptember 24th 2010, 6:30 pm

Broc wrote:
I got mine stuck in a swamp in NY. lol

Haha sweet, got any pics?
Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? Icon_minitimeSeptember 24th 2010, 7:46 pm

I got mine stuck in a mud hole next to a swamp in NS lol. What a freakin mess, giving rain tonight so she's stayin outside for a wash.
Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2010, 5:37 pm

Made a toolkit / emergency parts kit (E-clips, axle keys, cotter pins etc.) for my Rally made a little mount under the hood. And I painted the ugly black plastic front end on my Craftsman, doesn't match right but meh....

What have you done to your tractor today? 59999_10150284078130331_901025330_15016149_5356776_n

What have you done to your tractor today? 60478_10150284090575331_901025330_15016432_2617502_n
Back to top Go down
Trcustoms
Trcustoms

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2010, 5:39 pm

Ford Boi wrote:
Made a toolkit / emergency parts kit (E-clips, axle keys, cotter pins etc.) for my Rally made a little mount under the hood. And I painted the ugly black plastic front end on my Craftsman, doesn't match right but meh....

What have you done to your tractor today? 59999_10150284078130331_901025330_15016149_5356776_n

What have you done to your tractor today? 60478_10150284090575331_901025330_15016432_2617502_n

I used to have a tool kit on my old craftsman too, i always needed a new belt.
I should have brought one with me like u did! Razz
Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2010, 5:42 pm

dangeroustoys56 wrote:
Ford Boi: If those plastic bushings dont last- try this trick:

Find some black pipe shorty nipples the size of your spindles- cut em in half, then weld it to the axle ( or can run a whole piece thru the axle- with some trimming- then can add a grease zerk) - i did that with my mild mod MTD- axle was so worn out, i bot this box of tools and stuff at a garage sale and it had these steel nipples in it - i tried em out and its super tight and precise steering now.

Just make sure they extend out the same amount as the originals from the axle tho.

My Rally has 3/4" spindles with just the plastic sleeve-type bushings, paper thin, they last quite good. With my custom front axle there should be no more trouble! Now for my Yard-Man on the other hand, the plastic hex-shaped bushings either war of break apart quickly, and my spindles bend. So I am going to convert it to 3/4 " spindles over winter before next race season, along with heavy pipe like the Rally.
Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2010, 5:44 pm

Trcustoms wrote:
Ford Boi wrote:

I used to have a tool kit on my old craftsman too, i always needed a new belt.
I should have brought one with me like u did! Razz

I've been SUPER lucky with belts on this machine, only slipped of a couple times due to sticks and trees getting in there, it is barely chewed up and since I put those skid plates on I've never had the problem since! But I figured better safe than sorry so I slapped a spare in there just in case!!!
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2010, 6:14 pm

Best mod Ive seen!
Really like that! Dont know if there's room under my hood though Mad
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/csakvids
CraftsMAN
CraftsMAN

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2010, 8:47 pm

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/CRUSHEMCustoms/
Growl60
Growl60

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2010, 9:58 pm

Well it didnt happen today but my trusty Bolens has been stuck in a muddy creek since friday and it rained every day since. Im gonna try and tug is out tommorow.
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2010, 7:03 am

Ford Boi: Yep thats the same front as on my 99 weedeater as on your mower - i broke a tab off my headlight lens ( its not on there) - someday ill figure out how to keep it on there. I like the tool kit idea - easier then hauling a small trailer back in the woods - ive also seen some ATV racks on the back over the fenders, for like spare gas cans, coolers n stuff.

Growl60: Hope the water isnt deep enough to flood the motor...

I had about 2 hours of shed time- i finished stripping the 94 murray , it came apart pretty easy - i should actually be able to mount the trans setup onto another tractor fairly easy ( with the shift on the fly) - i found out its just a standard teccy 6 speed manual trans, BUT the lever has a short link that connects with the clutch pulley- so it does activate the clutch slightly when you shift. Good for speed applications Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
Ford Boi
Ford Boi

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 3:47 pm

I couldn't stand to see my buddy's old 1980~ish MTD LawnFlite sitting any longer... It sat outside in the rain for 2-3 yrs, fuel system was only water... cleaned it out and put some fresh gas and tweaked the carb and got it running!!! ripped around for half a hour probly, god I miss those old 3 spd. man. tranny's , been years since I drove one of them, so smooth. Has been modded, posi and pulleys changed, goes about 40 kmh.

What have you done to your tractor today? Mtd10
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? Icon_minitimeOctober 1st 2010, 11:06 pm

Thats cool- my 90 task force has the same hood as your buddy's tractor - altho the rear fenders look like my 85 mastercuts....

I stopped by auto zone today and bot a roll of 'chrome' foil - now can put some shine on some pieces in my modifed tractors - im still looking at red LED's....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What have you done to your tractor today?   What have you done to your tractor today? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What have you done to your tractor today?
Page 1 of 29Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 29  Next