All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

I need help with 14.5hp briggs OHV

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dylansrockinrigs
dylansrockinrigs

I need help with 14.5hp briggs OHV  Empty
PostSubject: I need help with 14.5hp briggs OHV    I need help with 14.5hp briggs OHV  Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2012, 11:51 pm

I got a free 14.5 horse power briggs from a Sabre riding mower and I mounted it on my off road racing craftsman I cleaned out the cylinder and the carb but it didn't come with a spark plug so if any body could tell me what type/ model number spark plug to use also the is a electrical plug on the bottom of the carb and the plug is on the drain plug/ bowl nut but anyways does anyone know what that's for?
Back to top Go down
AcreFarm
AcreFarm

PostSubject: Re: I need help with 14.5hp briggs OHV    I need help with 14.5hp briggs OHV  Icon_minitimeMay 1st 2012, 12:06 am

The spark plug should be a RC12YC (Champion #)
The thing under the bowl is an anti-backfire solenoid. It needs 12V to operate; the engine won't run if it's not working.
Back to top Go down
Stretch44875
Administrator
Stretch44875
Administrator

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: I need help with 14.5hp briggs OHV    I need help with 14.5hp briggs OHV  Icon_minitimeMay 1st 2012, 6:54 am

We have ran a couple of those engines. Removed the fuel soliniod and replaced with a plug, they tend to go bad. Also they would foul plugs, so got a hotter plug for it, parts store can tell you what plug is hotter. They will blow oil if you run high rpms. Strong motor, plenty of power.
Back to top Go down
dylansrockinrigs
dylansrockinrigs

PostSubject: Thanks    I need help with 14.5hp briggs OHV  Icon_minitimeMay 1st 2012, 5:35 pm

Thanks for the help with this motor i will be posting my build on this site. but about the fuel solenoid, I couldnt find a plug that fit in there so either where could i get one or how should i hook 12 volts up to it for it to properly function?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need help with 14.5hp briggs OHV    I need help with 14.5hp briggs OHV  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I need help with 14.5hp briggs OHV
Page 1 of 1