All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

How would this work?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
CityRedneck
CityRedneck

How would this work? Empty
PostSubject: How would this work?   How would this work? Icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2012, 9:51 pm

[img]How would this work? 5ef5kc10[/img]
Ok, this was for sale on craigslist and iw anna know how did he get that rear end to work? And of course im trying to buy it lol
Back to top Go down
matthew sidor
matthew sidor

PostSubject: Re: How would this work?   How would this work? Icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2012, 11:00 pm

yeah i saw that too. and i put that picture on my facebook. and i dont know how the rear end can handle that much weight unless he has it geared real low or even stock gearing might work. idk
Back to top Go down
W1ldyOvvnZ
W1ldyOvvnZ

PostSubject: Re: How would this work?   How would this work? Icon_minitimeJuly 30th 2012, 11:23 pm

is that 4WD? does he have pictures of the rear of the tractor? he might even have a different axle for the tires and gears it down from there with chains and sprockets.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stat10.tk/
CityRedneck
CityRedneck

PostSubject: Re: How would this work?   How would this work? Icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2012, 2:46 am

yea he has a kinda side/rear pic. but its for sale here in florida
Back to top Go down
CityRedneck
CityRedneck

PostSubject: Re: How would this work?   How would this work? Icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2012, 2:47 am

[img]How would this work? 5l35k910[/img]
Back to top Go down
matthew sidor
matthew sidor

PostSubject: Re: How would this work?   How would this work? Icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2012, 11:02 am

Isnt he asking 850 for it thats quite a bit. do u have the money to pay for it. and i looked at his craiglist pic and it looks like the older style trans but i cant tell from the picture. and its definately not 4x4
How would this work? 5N35Fa5Me3Le3J83Nbc7i610df2c5e433114d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: How would this work?   How would this work? Icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2012, 8:05 pm

Looks like it has the HD 3x2 tranny in it . rear end can handle alot. frame kinda looks like a c channel murray. dont remember a setup like that, but that doesnt mean they didnt build one. Im not too impressed with the build, but I would like to have the ricers on the back!

Edit: after a second look, thats probably an old JD116 with homemade rear fenders. still not sure why he shoved the engine back that far, unless he has a huge pulley on the motor. If thats the case, I am not sure I would take it out of low.
Back to top Go down
CityRedneck
CityRedneck

PostSubject: Re: How would this work?   How would this work? Icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2012, 12:17 am

hes only asking 550, and where are you from that you see that tractor for sale?? Surprised he lives 30mins from me in orlando
Back to top Go down
matthew sidor
matthew sidor

PostSubject: Re: How would this work?   How would this work? Icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2012, 4:08 am

i saw it on the internet and went to orlando craigslist too see some more pictures, and what he did to it. And there it says 850. but it didnt really explain anything about it.
Back to top Go down
CityRedneck
CityRedneck

PostSubject: Re: How would this work?   How would this work? Icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2012, 10:38 am

http://lakeland.craigslist.org/bar/3165363013.html he lowered it and im trying to get it
Back to top Go down
matthew sidor
matthew sidor

PostSubject: Re: How would this work?   How would this work? Icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2012, 2:01 pm

Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: How would this work?   How would this work? Icon_minitimeAugust 1st 2012, 6:40 pm

2 different phone numbers - its not that far from me either . Looks sorta cob jobbed together actually. It states it was a craftsman in the one ad.

My wifes step bro had a lawntractor with a motorcyle motor on it - said it didnt run but wanted like $50 for it - i passed pretty much because the last parts tractor he sold me was only good for a few motor pieces and the chassis ( that was $15) - i asked my nephew about the $50 one and he said it looked 'cobbled together' , which ment id most likely take the motor and junk the rest. I have more projects than i can really deal with anyway...

I suppose if the motor ran and for the tires ( look pretty new) - itd be worth half what he's asking ( $150 for the motor - $200 for the wheels).

It has potential for more mods....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How would this work?   How would this work? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How would this work?
Page 1 of 1