All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

axle question;

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ironart

axle - axle question; Empty
PostSubject: axle question;   axle - axle question; Icon_minitimeOctober 6th 2012, 11:02 pm

Bought a Wheelhorse 212-6 lawn tractor at auction yesterday. The 12hp kawasaki fired up and ran beautifully. Found rear tire flat..went to remove it and discovered that the left axle has a lot of "wobble" are there bushings or bearings available for these transaxles..on the outboard end...
Back to top Go down
greener179
greener179

PostSubject: Re: axle question;   axle - axle question; Icon_minitimeOctober 7th 2012, 1:30 pm

im not sure but my left axle does the same thing
Back to top Go down
Junkstarbuilds
Administrator
Junkstarbuilds
Administrator

PostSubject: could be plastic or brass   axle - axle question; Icon_minitimeOctober 8th 2012, 7:15 am

most bearings/bushings are either nylon/plastic or brass. You should be able to find either to shim out the wobble. I have gone as far as cutting a sleave to use as a bushing from a cheap broom handle, but I dont recommend that.

You should be able to find a schematic of the transaxle by searching for replacement parts. then look to see if your model has or missing parts..

I use those schematics when re-assembling my transaxles to make sure I dont leave anything out..

here is an example:
TRANAXLE BIBLE
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: axle question;   axle - axle question; Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

axle question;
Page 1 of 1