All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

18 hp Opposed twin wont turn over

Go down 
+5
tractorboy567
Tuffy55
Doug
theswampmachine
rt_smallengines
9 posters
AuthorMessage
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

18 hp Opposed twin wont turn over - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 18 hp Opposed twin wont turn over   18 hp Opposed twin wont turn over - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFebruary 8th 2013, 11:01 pm

Yeah i used a 700 CCA battery from my truck till it finally died - tractors turned over super easy. Been using a 600 CCA battery for a while as well.

The onan GT needed the extra juice, for the electric deck clutch and electric deck lift.
Back to top Go down
Chopperhed
Chopperhed

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: 18 hp Opposed twin wont turn over   18 hp Opposed twin wont turn over - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFebruary 8th 2013, 11:07 pm

dangeroustoys56 wrote:
Yeah i used a 700 CCA battery from my truck till it finally died - tractors turned over super easy. Been using a 600 CCA battery for a while as well.

The onan GT needed the extra juice, for the electric deck clutch and electric deck lift.

My Ford LGT100 has a battery box built for a group 24 ( automotive sized) battery.

Its running a '77 Kohler cast iron 10 horse. with just the electric clutch. Thats what was nin it when I got it. nSerious tracotrs need serious batteries.

Back to top Go down
http://http:\\members.shaw.ca\ducksgarage
rt_smallengines
rt_smallengines

PostSubject: Re: 18 hp Opposed twin wont turn over   18 hp Opposed twin wont turn over - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFebruary 9th 2013, 12:12 am

Thanks for the suggestions, I was thinking of trying to batteries in parallel but I have to get another set of cables. I'll try the parallel and the car battery and see if it will stop being a b*tch lol.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/RTsmallengines
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 18 hp Opposed twin wont turn over   18 hp Opposed twin wont turn over - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

18 hp Opposed twin wont turn over
Page 1 of 1