All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

KILL SWITCH PROBLEMS! i need help

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tanner306

KILL SWITCH PROBLEMS! i need help Empty
PostSubject: KILL SWITCH PROBLEMS! i need help   KILL SWITCH PROBLEMS! i need help Icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2013, 10:03 am

i have and old wheel horse mudding lawnmower and i put an old 12.5 hp briggs in there i wired it up and i was all set. RECENTLY i have been having problems with this. i CANT SHUT IT OFF!!! i just put one wire to the coil from the switch and the other wire from the switch i put to ground, and now i cant go anywhere with out a screwdriver to pull of the air filter. please help me Question
Back to top Go down
xxXMowerdudeXxx
Established Member

Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: KILL SWITCH PROBLEMS! i need help   KILL SWITCH PROBLEMS! i need help Icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2013, 10:40 am

welcome to the form, where in Wisconsin are you?

Last edited by xxXMowerdudeXxx on March 17th 2013, 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CornishMorgan

PostSubject: Re: KILL SWITCH PROBLEMS! i need help   KILL SWITCH PROBLEMS! i need help Icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2013, 10:47 am

The first thing I would check would be the switch, check that it is working properly, You may have fitted a old switch that works but is on its way out or it could have burnt out the contacts inside. Try jumping the two terminals on the back of the switch and see it the engine shuts down. If not then you could have a bad ground connection. Try taking the coils ground wire off and cleaning the terminals with some light grit sand paper. Also try bypassing the switch for the time being and try shutting the engine down by holding the coils ground wire directly against the frame (be careful of the high voltage and of the sparks if you have fuel near by).

A side note: This should be in the Electrical category.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KILL SWITCH PROBLEMS! i need help   KILL SWITCH PROBLEMS! i need help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KILL SWITCH PROBLEMS! i need help
Page 1 of 1