All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

consolidating my projects

Go down 
AuthorMessage

consolidating my projects Empty
PostSubject: consolidating my projects   consolidating my projects Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2013, 5:06 am

ok, I have to get back to bed... but this is what's going to happen tomorrow - war machine mk2 is getting scrapped for spare parts, mk3 is cancelled, mk1 is getting rebuilt with mk2's parts that it needs and all other projects except the monster mower and the mini for D2 (my boy) are getting shelved for later decisions. I just have too much going at once to keep enjoying making these beasts... gotta cut down before I burn out and walk away from my toys for good...
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2016

PostSubject: Re: consolidating my projects   consolidating my projects Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2013, 8:18 am

It's easy to do, isn't it? Getting all wadded up in a bunch of project concepts, and the next thing you know, you're completely up to your ears in it! I haven't touched General Mayhem for months. Up until yesterday, Alley Kat's been sitting since fall awaiting work. Green Machine's still waiting for an engine swap, and one of the minibike's in pieces. I've been driving MULE, but haven't done anything except for an oil change in quite some time. And amongst all of it, I'm putting pencil to paper for MULEII.

Maybe you're right (in fact, you probably are- but it's tough to flush a project!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: consolidating my projects   consolidating my projects Icon_minitimeJuly 7th 2013, 11:54 am

Doc Sprocket wrote:
It's easy to do, isn't it? Getting all wadded up in a bunch of project concepts, and the next thing you know, you're completely up to your ears in it! I haven't touched General Mayhem for months. Up until yesterday, Alley Kat's been sitting since fall awaiting work. Green Machine's still waiting for an engine swap, and one of the minibike's in pieces. I've been driving MULE, but haven't done anything except for an oil change in quite some time. And amongst all of it, I'm putting pencil to paper for MULEII.

Maybe you're right (in fact, you probably are- but it's tough to flush a project!

Quite right, it is hard to flush any project. But the earlier on I do it, the easier it seems to be. I could solve a lot of problems by simply having less projects anyway - lack of small parts, and more importantly a lack of engines. As many engines as I have (2 briggs flatties, 2 ohv, a tecumseh flattie, a kohler ohv and a few smaller 5-8hp engines) I have more projects that NEED engines I can't provide. I can only drive 1 at a time anyway, right?

So to sum it up I'll be down to a hybrid of war machine mk1 and 2, Nightmare and the 'Baby.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: consolidating my projects   consolidating my projects Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

consolidating my projects
Page 1 of 1