All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

Bearings For Peerless MST-205 Lend10PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inDiscordCountdown TimerBearings For Peerless MST-205 Rend10
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
2019 Build Off Underway!
2019 Top Tractor Challenge! Aug 17th and 18th! DETAILS HERE!

Bearings For Peerless MST-205

Go down 
AuthorMessage
WilliesBuilds
Skilled
Skilled
WilliesBuilds

Forum Rep : 0

Bearings For Peerless MST-205 Empty
PostSubject: Bearings For Peerless MST-205   Bearings For Peerless MST-205 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 8:20 am

So through my job I was able to find bearings for my peerless .the transaxles come with a cutout wich I assume is for bearings and the measurements I got were 20mmborex40mmODx12mmW. cheers 
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Administrator
Administrator
Doc Sprocket

Forum Rep : 19

PostSubject: Re: Bearings For Peerless MST-205   Bearings For Peerless MST-205 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 8:47 am

A little more detail on this might be a good idea. On the surface, the bearings you need are a reasonable common metric size. On the other hand, you indicate an ID of 20mm which isn't actually correct for a 3/4" shaft size (assuming you are indicating that they are for the axleshafts). 3/4" is 19.05mm. While a 20mm bearing bore will fit on a 19mm shaft, it's technically sloppy.

While we're here, I was recently inside a Peerless 930 and found (unused) cast cavities on each axleshaft where bearings could go, but weren't. I was able to fit some bearings from an 800 for additional axleshaft support. Is this the sort of thing you're referring to?

More detail please. Thank you.

Put down the wrench, and come out with your hands up!-Doc "Tranny Crusher" Sprocket, ATLTF Forum Admin, Thinkerer and Tinkerer, and all-around good dood. Wink

Gen. Mayhem- http://www.atltf.com/t2597-general-mayhem-race-tractor
MULE- http://www.atltf.com/t2153-lawn-boy-utltv
MULEII- http://www.atltf.com/t3328-1970-john-deere-112-the-beginnings-of-mule-ii
MULEIII http://www.atltf.com/t4263-mule3-brainstorming-ideas-etc#58287
Wrench, Wheel, Wreck, Repeat...
Back to top Go down
WilliesBuilds
Skilled
Skilled
WilliesBuilds

PostSubject: Re: Bearings For Peerless MST-205   Bearings For Peerless MST-205 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 8:58 am

@Doc Sprocket wrote:
A little more detail on this might be a good idea. On the surface, the bearings you need are a reasonable common metric size. On the other hand, you indicate an ID of 20mm which isn't actually correct for a 3/4" shaft size (assuming you are indicating that they are for the axleshafts). 3/4" is 19.05mm. While a 20mm bearing bore will fit on a 19mm shaft, it's technically sloppy.

While we're here, I was recently inside a Peerless 930 and found (unused) cast cavities on each axleshaft where bearings could go, but weren't. I was able to fit some bearings from an 800 for additional axleshaft support. Is this the sort of thing you're referring to?

More detail please. Thank you.
This is the bearings im getting . I just want to give it some more support like you said so its not just running only on the rubber seals.

http://www.motionindustries.com/motion3/jsp/mii/product/00051807/NSK+6203-12+ZZ+C3+3%2F4%22+x+40+mm+x+12+mm+Shielded%2C+Both+Sides%2C+Deep+Groove+Ball+Bearing/en?category=Bearings%3EUnmounted+Bearings%3EBall+Bearing
Back to top Go down
WilliesBuilds
Skilled
Skilled
WilliesBuilds

PostSubject: Re: Bearings For Peerless MST-205   Bearings For Peerless MST-205 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 11:26 am

Actually just purchased some from ebay for like 2$ each cheers 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bearings For Peerless MST-205   Bearings For Peerless MST-205 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bearings For Peerless MST-205
Page 1 of 1