All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Home built RAGB

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

Home built RAGB Empty
PostSubject: Home built RAGB   Home built RAGB Icon_minitimeFebruary 27th 2010, 7:50 pm

Someone from another forum gave me an idea to try n hand build my own right angle gear box - using aftermarket berings, and two axleshafts with gears from a junk transmission - setting the mesh angle will be the hardest bit, BUT if i mount the berings onto a piece of square tubing and put a support piece at an angle between em- then build a sort of metal box with oil seals - im thinking itd be pretty wicked. Its something i definitly want to attempt sometime real soon- just need to buy some square stock n a couple more berings...
Back to top Go down
Chunk
Established Member
Chunk
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

Home built RAGB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home built RAGB   Home built RAGB Icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2010, 6:02 am

I relaly do think this wouldnt be too hard with the right parts. Might takea few attempts, but its a hell of alot cheaper than buying new ones!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/csakvids
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster
Webmaster

Home built RAGB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home built RAGB   Home built RAGB Icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2010, 8:17 am

I was thinking this very same thing the other day. You were thinking about using axlehafts and spider gears, right? That sound like it would work to me! The hardest part would be keeping the whole unit sealed. If it worked, it would open up endless possabiltys. If only I had some extra cash... I could do some great things!
Back to top Go down
http://ww.atltf.com
Sponsored content

Home built RAGB Empty
PostSubject: Re: Home built RAGB   Home built RAGB Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Home built RAGB
Page 1 of 1