All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Human Kindness Lives On!

Go down 
+3
camomanusa
richie thomas
Doc Sprocket
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2016

Human Kindness Lives On! Empty
PostSubject: Human Kindness Lives On!   Human Kindness Lives On! Icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2014, 7:49 pm

Guys- I want to share this with you. When life kicks your ass and you think that there's not one good soul left on earth... Read on: I have a line on a little 4x4 diesel compact tractor that needs some transmission work. might be a cool project. The seller wants $850, which is a good deal for what it is. I have been communicating with him back and forth, and was supposed to have the tractor bought by the 14th, but I simply can't afford it right now. I'm self-employed, and some payments due to me have not yet come in. I told him I was NOT going to be able to buy it (on time) and I'd have to HOPE he had it later, when I could afford it. This was his response, "Dear Chris

I've been thinking, and what I really want is the tractor gone. Spring is coming and I need the room in my shop for working. Now most guys who want to fix old tractors are usually good people, and it feels to me like you have been straight with me.
So, I am proposing you come and pick this tractor up and take it home. Then when you have the money you send me a cheque. Also bring a memory stick to download the parts and service manuals."

Is this not a damned kind soul or what? And I have never met him!
Back to top Go down
richie thomas
Veteran Member
richie thomas
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Human Kindness Lives On!   Human Kindness Lives On! Icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2014, 7:56 pm

lucky bastage
Back to top Go down
camomanusa
camomanusa

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Human Kindness Lives On!   Human Kindness Lives On! Icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2014, 8:01 pm

what i nice guy. make me wanna do a good deed now! cheers 
Back to top Go down
Moose
Established Member
Moose
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Human Kindness Lives On!   Human Kindness Lives On! Icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2014, 8:01 pm

Wow...
Back to top Go down
MowBandit
MowBandit

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Human Kindness Lives On!   Human Kindness Lives On! Icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2014, 8:07 pm

See doc that shows that there are still good people on this earth they are just rare to come by most will stab you in the back and throw you in a ditch and spit on you but there are few that will help you and it looks like you found a respectable guy
Back to top Go down
Lawren Wimberly
Established Member
Lawren Wimberly
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Human Kindness Lives On!   Human Kindness Lives On! Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2014, 12:56 am

There are a lot of those types HERE in this area... This is why I live here. Good folk till you cross 'em... Kinda like me... I fit right in
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2016

PostSubject: Re: Human Kindness Lives On!   Human Kindness Lives On! Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2014, 8:31 am

Right you are -all of you- and you wanna know the sad part? He're a guy I have never met, effectively "loaning" me $850, and get this- I just has a "friend" rip me off for $50. Seriously.
Back to top Go down
Moose
Established Member
Moose
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Human Kindness Lives On!   Human Kindness Lives On! Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2014, 10:22 am

Doc Sprocket wrote:
Right you are -all of you- and you wanna know the sad part? He're a guy I have never met, effectively "loaning" me $850, and get this- I just has a "friend" rip me off for $50. Seriously.
I cant deal with people ripping me off I have done a lot of damage to peoples houses and vehicles for ripping me off lol I dont get mad I get even!
Back to top Go down
T-Dub13
Established Member
T-Dub13
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: Human Kindness Lives On!   Human Kindness Lives On! Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2014, 10:42 am

Doc Sprocket wrote:

Think of it as paying $50 got get rid of an a$$h0le.  May he never set foot on your property again.  amen, botha!   cheers 

And I like to try to "pay it forward" when I can.  Just last night I repaired a snowblower for a friend's father.  He said he was paying me, but I don't like to take money from friends.  (I'm not running a business, this is a hobby fer crissakes).  So I asked if he had anything to barter with.  I ended up with a 2 year old Craftsman snowblower that he was going to throw away...bad gearbox.  Looks brand new with an ohv snow king with electric start etc...   cheers Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Human Kindness Lives On!   Human Kindness Lives On! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Human Kindness Lives On!
Page 1 of 1