All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

FearlessFront Lead Me Here!

Go down 
+4
craftsmancole
willis923
frostypaws
Khal03
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Khal03
Khal03

FearlessFront Lead Me Here! Empty
PostSubject: FearlessFront Lead Me Here!   FearlessFront Lead Me Here! Icon_minitimeApril 29th 2014, 10:26 pm

Hello everyone.

This is Khal03, known (or unknown) on Google/Youtube as CastingKhal. I live in Iowa, and like to fabricate metal projects, engineer solar and wind turbine systems and do general restoration on odd, or old equipment.

I have two 1980's Allis Chalmers/Deutz Allis 600 series Lawn Tractors. Had always planned to save the Orange Allis and do a proper resto on her and build a Monster Mudder out of my Deutz. I watched some of FearlessFronts videos, surfed around to some of the other great builders associated with him and decided to contact him about some transaxle issues.

Long story short... the Orange Allis is going to make a Classy Dirt slinger. Fearless made a comment about people complaining about him not restoring the Sears Suburban. If my memory serves me right, he said he really didn't care and that now the Sears is famous. I found that the prospect of pleasing a few collector savvy individuals at the expense of one's aspirations to create something original and pleasing to yourself was a waste of time, and probably would never lead to widespread notoriety.

So, with an 820 Peerless located, rebuilt, and installed, the build is on, on my first All Terrain Lawn Tractor.

I want to say thank you for hosting this site, and I would like to send a special thank you to FearlessFront, for having a good attitude, and following through on some pretty amazing Tractors, and sharing his opinion with me on my project prior to it's start.

Glad to be here.

Khal03
Back to top Go down
frostypaws
frostypaws

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: FearlessFront Lead Me Here!   FearlessFront Lead Me Here! Icon_minitimeApril 29th 2014, 11:09 pm

Welcome! What part of Iowa may I ask?
Back to top Go down
willis923
Veteran Member
willis923
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: FearlessFront Lead Me Here!   FearlessFront Lead Me Here! Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2014, 8:50 am

welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
craftsmancole
Established Member
craftsmancole
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: FearlessFront Lead Me Here!   FearlessFront Lead Me Here! Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2014, 10:12 am

Welcome, soulds like you have a great start with an Allis and an 820! You should start a thread...
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2016

PostSubject: Re: FearlessFront Lead Me Here!   FearlessFront Lead Me Here! Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2014, 4:49 pm

Hey- welcome to the nuthouse, you've come to the right place! I don't blame you, or Fearless, for your sentiments. I've already caught some flack for what I'm doing to my 1970 John Deere 112 (Named MULE2), but, screw it! I'm not here to please the collectors, or anybody else for that matter. I'm here to do me, and so are most people, right? Good luck on your build!
Back to top Go down
Craftsman1998
Veteran Member
Craftsman1998
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2014 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: FearlessFront Lead Me Here!   FearlessFront Lead Me Here! Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2014, 5:31 pm

Welcome to the forum
Back to top Go down
Angchor
Angchor

PostSubject: Re: FearlessFront Lead Me Here!   FearlessFront Lead Me Here! Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2014, 7:13 pm

Whats the rule about how long you have to be here before you can start welcoming others?

Aw screw it, I seem to be breaking all the other unwritten rules anyway, so...

WELCOME!!

Very Happy Laughing Laughing 
Back to top Go down
richie thomas
Veteran Member
richie thomas
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: FearlessFront Lead Me Here!   FearlessFront Lead Me Here! Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2014, 7:49 pm

welcome, and screw what others thing Razz, people hate that i did what im doing to my old ih cub, but its gone be epic Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Khal03
Khal03

PostSubject: Re: FearlessFront Lead Me Here!   FearlessFront Lead Me Here! Icon_minitimeApril 30th 2014, 10:14 pm

@Frostypaws
I am in Monroe County Iowa, I live in a town of around 50 to 75 people, unincorporated. My family jokingly refer to this place as "South Central".
By the way, I love your Avatar!  cheers Looks like something my dear old mother would want me to fix so she can mow her "own damn yard". By the way, what county are you in?

@willis923, @Doc Sprocket, @Craftsman1998, @Angchor, and @richie thomas
Thanks for the hospitality. Glad to be here.

@craftsmancole,
I may start a build thread, but... I am kind of a closet perfectionist. Meaning, I don't like to look silly or to not be taken seriously, maybe. So, as a habit, I tend to go "all out", in private. If and when I realize my goal, and I get all giddy and want everyone to come see my handy work I will disassemble everything for proper grinding, blasting, prepping and paint, and I will show it in a video series maybe, like Junkstar Builds, on Youtube. We will see.

Honestly, I don't know small engines that well. Being a former stock-car technician and a former industrial electrician I learned that one can never know too much about what one wants to do, before you do it. Ya know? So I will be posting pictures and questions about whatever I can't solve by reading the forums until I get it mastered.

Thanks again to everyone.
Back to top Go down
frostypaws
frostypaws

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: FearlessFront Lead Me Here!   FearlessFront Lead Me Here! Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2014, 4:51 pm

I'm up in Story County, that's a good 2 hr haul Sad.  Well if I ever end up down in those parts, we should totally go romping; 1973 Bolens vs 1987 Deutz-Allis Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FearlessFront Lead Me Here!   FearlessFront Lead Me Here! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FearlessFront Lead Me Here!
Page 1 of 1