All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Craftsman Mudder

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
PA Mudder

Craftsman Mudder Empty
PostSubject: Craftsman Mudder   Craftsman Mudder Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2014, 9:36 pm

Hi guys I got a craftsman lt1000 that I trash picked for free and when I got it home it fired right up. The front axle was cracked in several places I welded it up for temporary use so I could test out other parts of the tractor. I swapped out the standard 9inch pulley for a 3inch pulley and got a new belt. I also added a throttle off of a weed wacker to the side shifter. Next I braced up the rear where the trans is so it would reduce the flexing. I also shortend the steering wheel a 1 1/2 because I thought it was too high. I took it drifting on a wet field and broke the ball joint on the drag link and it couldn't be repaired. I found a new drag link, front axle and gas tank because it was cracked so I just have to replace the parts. That is all I did so far in a couple of days I'm going to rewire the tractor and take out all of the safety's. Stay tuned for more.
Back to top Go down
camomanusa
camomanusa

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

Craftsman Mudder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craftsman Mudder   Craftsman Mudder Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2014, 9:49 pm

First off, Welcome! I see your from PA, im below pittsburgh in Westmorland County, where you located?
Back to top Go down
PA Mudder

Craftsman Mudder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craftsman Mudder   Craftsman Mudder Icon_minitimeMay 5th 2014, 10:07 pm

I live in Warminster it's in the bucks county area about a 1/2 hour from Philly
Back to top Go down
camomanusa
camomanusa

2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

Craftsman Mudder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craftsman Mudder   Craftsman Mudder Icon_minitimeMay 6th 2014, 10:12 pm

o wow thats across the state haha
Back to top Go down
PA Mudder

Craftsman Mudder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craftsman Mudder   Craftsman Mudder Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2014, 9:23 am

just got the tractor rewired last night and hooked it up to a push button start and a double toggle switch for the kill and for the carb plunger I could of cut the plunger but I would rather not
Back to top Go down
Speedfreek241
Speedfreek241

Craftsman Mudder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craftsman Mudder   Craftsman Mudder Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2014, 9:37 am

Glad to see your making good progress on this. You've already got more done on this mower than I have on a few of mine in 3 years.
Back to top Go down
PA Mudder

Craftsman Mudder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craftsman Mudder   Craftsman Mudder Icon_minitimeMay 7th 2014, 2:26 pm

yeah I just got mine a month ago I can't wait to go muddin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Craftsman Mudder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craftsman Mudder   Craftsman Mudder Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Craftsman Mudder
Page 1 of 1