All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

John Deere 111

Go down 
+4
kawasaki220
Craftsman1998
redlinemotorsportts
Moose
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
1997 Murray
Veteran Member

Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Finalist
2014 Build-Off Finalist
2015 Build-Off Finalist
2015 Build-Off Finalist
2016 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant

deere - John Deere 111 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: John Deere 111   deere - John Deere 111 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2014, 1:43 pm

it is normal for the butterfly to be open when the engine is off. the faster the engine spins, the more the govener closes.
Back to top Go down
Moose
Established Member
Moose
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: John Deere 111   deere - John Deere 111 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 10th 2014, 2:30 pm

1997 Murray wrote:
it is normal for the butterfly to be open when the engine is off. the faster the engine spins, the more the govener closes.
no when it is running it is either running wide open or it is off when I move the throttle up and down it just flicks it open all the way or shuts it down. I know I didnt hook the choke cable to it because thats to short to reach so dunno whats going on in the control assembly
Back to top Go down
Moose
Established Member
Moose
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: John Deere 111   deere - John Deere 111 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 12th 2014, 8:36 pm

Been on vacation this week so did some tinkering will do a video tomorrow but I did romp the deere a little in my mud hole :p

deere - John Deere 111 - Page 2 KKjRU0Ml

The 11 horse wont spin the tires but I think if I did a little work I could get her to, I am walking a fine line with that 4360 though I really like it so I dont wanna blow it right off the bat. Ill keep it slow but I would like to get a little more consistent power out of it.
Back to top Go down
Moose
Established Member
Moose
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: John Deere 111   deere - John Deere 111 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2014, 10:11 pm

Well I was thinking the deere was prolly feeling a bit lonely and sad that I wasnt doing much with it and since the massey is pretty much getting a rebuild this fall (already kinda started it) I decided I was gonna mess with it a bit today since I got a day off work. I went to TSC and grabbed a new seat for it the wood seat was good and all but on a trail ride it would get your ass pretty chapped after a bit :p I also picked up a new belt and let me tell you if I ever have to replace that thing again I will go nucking futs. I promptly took it out and messed with it she pops wheelies and throws mud now just needs a couple more upgrades to be ready for the tractor party in september with the mowrons!

deere - John Deere 111 - Page 2 Cr8iNpdl

And some video just for giggles it was alright on the camera display but its pretty dark :/

To do:
Screw yellow I'm painting this thing OD green
Gas pedal
Lights!
Locked 820 upgrade
5 Bolt hubs instead of the 3 that are on it 5 bolt rim 3 bolt hub why? Who knows...
Performance 12.5 (eventually)Ok Ok I get it guys >.> vtwin would be cheaper than messing with the 12.5
Fix front rims so they are the deere rims again
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: John Deere 111   deere - John Deere 111 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

John Deere 111
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2