All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

direct steer questions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
fast adam
fast adam

direct steer questions Empty
PostSubject: direct steer questions   direct steer questions Icon_minitimeAugust 4th 2014, 9:26 pm

i have a question on direct steering, how does it handle when going down a trail at slow speeds it looks like a bear to turn, and does anyone know of a no weld setup.
Back to top Go down
redlinemotorsportts
redlinemotorsportts

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: direct steer questions   direct steer questions Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2014, 1:54 am

fast adam wrote:
i have a question on direct steering, how does it handle when going down a trail at slow speeds it looks like a bear to turn, and does anyone know of a no weld setup.
I guess you could buy a go kart steering shaft already welded uo with the pitman arm... But direct steering is more used on the street (when its already moving and easy to turn) And high speed stuff for easy steering corrections. Offroading you want some reduction in turning.
Back to top Go down
B440
B440

PostSubject: Re: direct steer questions   direct steer questions Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2014, 2:47 pm

You could switch the wheel out and put handlebars from a bike on. That would give you more leverage for direct steering.
Back to top Go down
fast adam
fast adam

PostSubject: Re: direct steer questions   direct steer questions Icon_minitimeAugust 5th 2014, 4:57 pm

I was hoping to do it as cheaply as possable and i do both going fast and trail riding, i could just ajust the pitman arm to be short so that way it will make a reduction
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: direct steer questions   direct steer questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

direct steer questions
Page 1 of 1