All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Quit Hiding the Post New Topic Button! ;)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TooIngenious
TooIngenious

Quit Hiding the Post New Topic Button! ;) Empty
PostSubject: Quit Hiding the Post New Topic Button! ;)   Quit Hiding the Post New Topic Button! ;) Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2014, 5:04 pm

Hey there guys!

My name's Robert. I'm not exactly new here, but I figured it was about time to post an introduction. I live in Central Florida. Belleview to be exact. I regularly go out to Ocklawaha and Weirsdale to ride my tractor. There's not that many trails in my neighborhood that I can ride on. And the few that I can get onto I'm sure will piss off the neighbors, so I just drive out to my friend's houses and take a day or two on the weekends to ride around.

I use my Nissan 720 to transport my mower. Here soon I'll be cleaning up the trailer and getting lights on it so I won't have to lift my mower into my bed every time I want to leave. My Nissan is a whole nother project that I'm not getting into details here. But basically it's my daily driver that I have eventual power plans for, the forced induction type...

I've also got a Harley I might be building here soon with my Dad. That should be loads of fun. It's a hardtail frame with a '78 Knucklehead.

If anyone is around me, hit me up. I'd love to have a couple days, or more, out of each month to go ride and build mowers. Especially since I can walk outside without sweating within 30 seconds because of this cooler weather. Lol.
Back to top Go down
craftsmancole
Established Member
craftsmancole
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Quit Hiding the Post New Topic Button! ;)   Quit Hiding the Post New Topic Button! ;) Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2014, 5:20 pm

Another Central Floridian! We'll have to get together and romp some time after I get my Ford going, what type of mower do us have?
Back to top Go down
TooIngenious
TooIngenious

PostSubject: Re: Quit Hiding the Post New Topic Button! ;)   Quit Hiding the Post New Topic Button! ;) Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2014, 5:26 pm

I've got a ~'94 Craftsman LT4000. All stock, except a pulley swap. But that's about to change...
Back to top Go down
craftsmancole
Established Member
craftsmancole
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Quit Hiding the Post New Topic Button! ;)   Quit Hiding the Post New Topic Button! ;) Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2014, 5:31 pm

TooIngenious wrote:
I've got a ~'94 Craftsman LT4000. All stock, except a pulley swap. But that's about to change...
That's a nice mower, what motor?
Back to top Go down
TooIngenious
TooIngenious

PostSubject: Re: Quit Hiding the Post New Topic Button! ;)   Quit Hiding the Post New Topic Button! ;) Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2014, 5:46 pm

It's decent. I'd prefer something older. Like an old Bolens or something like it. I've got a 14 horsepower Kohler on my mower. It's getting swapped out soon. The magnet for the alternator disintegrated and the coil is going bad; it won't produce spark once it gets warmed up. :'(
Back to top Go down
craftsmancole
Established Member
craftsmancole
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Quit Hiding the Post New Topic Button! ;)   Quit Hiding the Post New Topic Button! ;) Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2014, 7:45 pm

TooIngenious wrote:
It's decent. I'd prefer something older. Like an old Bolens or something like it. I've got a 14 horsepower Kohler on my mower. It's getting swapped out soon. The magnet for the alternator disintegrated and the coil is going bad; it won't produce spark once it gets warmed up. :'(
I found a $89 kohler 20.5 horse twin on craigslist, they're great motors
Back to top Go down
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP
Doc Sprocket
Site VIP

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2018 Build-Off Entrant
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2016
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2016

PostSubject: Re: Quit Hiding the Post New Topic Button! ;)   Quit Hiding the Post New Topic Button! ;) Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2014, 8:50 pm

Nice to meet you, Robert! I dig the avatar pic... Nice fish!
Back to top Go down
TooIngenious
TooIngenious

PostSubject: Re: Quit Hiding the Post New Topic Button! ;)   Quit Hiding the Post New Topic Button! ;) Icon_minitimeOctober 21st 2014, 10:52 pm

craftsmancole wrote:
I found a $89 kohler 20.5 horse twin on craigslist, they're great motors
There's some crack head on CL trying to sell a 23 horsepower V-Twin for like $400. It's not even in running shape... I'm hoping to get my friend's tractor with an Opposed for $200. Still cuts grass and everything.

Doc Sprocket wrote:
Nice to meet you, Robert! I dig the avatar pic... Nice fish!
Thanks, Doc! That fish doesn't look familiar to you at all? Maybe a certain Social Networking could jog your memory... Wink
Back to top Go down
Craftsman1998
Veteran Member
Craftsman1998
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2014 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Quit Hiding the Post New Topic Button! ;)   Quit Hiding the Post New Topic Button! ;) Icon_minitimeOctober 22nd 2014, 7:29 am

well even though your not new welcome anyway lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quit Hiding the Post New Topic Button! ;)   Quit Hiding the Post New Topic Button! ;) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quit Hiding the Post New Topic Button! ;)
Page 1 of 1