All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

how to put on hood without any brackets

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dugan978

how to put on hood without any brackets Empty
PostSubject: how to put on hood without any brackets   how to put on hood without any brackets Icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2011, 6:14 pm

i have the hood to my craftsman but have no brackets or anything to mount it on the tractor how do i mount it?
Back to top Go down
redzz02
Site VIP
redzz02
Site VIP

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2016 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2021 Winner of Winners
2021 Winner of Winners
1st Place Build-Off 2015
1st Place Winner Build-Off 2015
1st Place Build-Off 2017
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2017
1st Place Build-Off 2018
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2018

PostSubject: Re: how to put on hood without any brackets   how to put on hood without any brackets Icon_minitimeMarch 9th 2011, 8:42 pm

make brackets? out of somewhat thin gauge steel
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: how to put on hood without any brackets   how to put on hood without any brackets Icon_minitimeMarch 10th 2011, 3:19 pm

Have any angle or spare tractor parts lying around ? Ive built a couple of my own brackets from old deck hangers .

Make sure the hood is where you want it first- then cut/fit brackets ( either weld to frame or bolt ) - most hoods the grille stays put while the hood opens- some open completely- for something like that you could use a solid round stock bar and some steel tubing ( that fits over it) - cut the open tubing into 3 or 4 pieces- 2 will weld to the hood, 2-3 will weld to the brackets ( line them up so theyre not in the same place) - then stick the solid bar thru to hold it on/let it swivel - drill a couple small holes for pins to hold the bar in place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how to put on hood without any brackets   how to put on hood without any brackets Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how to put on hood without any brackets
Page 1 of 1