All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

hello from central bama.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
f4klift
f4klift

hello from central bama. Empty
PostSubject: hello from central bama.   hello from central bama. Icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2015, 10:19 pm

Hey'all. I've been lurking at around for a little while now, and thought I owe y'all a hello. Kinda new to atlt's, but what I've seen y'all do with 'em is wild. Got a '96 Murray pan chassis I'm looking to turn into a trail/hunting machine. Biggest holdups are cost of tires and the hydro tranny is wore out. I'll post pics as soon as I figure out how from android.
Back to top Go down
f4klift
f4klift

PostSubject: Re: hello from central bama.   hello from central bama. Icon_minitimeJanuary 9th 2015, 6:13 am

hello from central bama. Murray11
hello from central bama. Murray10
hello from central bama. Img00711
It was a bit of a challenge, but here are a few pics of my starting point. My goal is to have it at least functioning by October for the beginning of bow season.
Back to top Go down
TheRainbowBoxer
TheRainbowBoxer

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: hello from central bama.   hello from central bama. Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2015, 9:45 am

Welcome! Looks like a solid starting platform... Those Murray pans are practically indestructible.

FYI most don't care for hydro transaxles because you cant really speed them up without risking burning them up.

Proud member of the Mower Cycle Gang... aka the "Mowrons!"

My build (Chaos is one of 3 built like this)
Chaos Build

The Mower Cycle Gang visited 1puglife in May 2014
Check out the pics and vids!

Haspin 2021 was a blast!  Check out pics and vids here
Haspin 2021 thread

Join us for the annual Mowron-fest at Haspin Acres!
Haspin Acres Rally 2022!

Check out my YouTube for more tractor action, my vlog, and my bus build!
TheRainbowBoxer on YouTube
Back to top Go down
f4klift
f4klift

PostSubject: Re: hello from central bama.   hello from central bama. Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2015, 10:25 am

Thank you for the welcome. My intent is to swap a manual tranny into it, but I'm having a hard time finding a scrap yard that doesn't shred everything same day.
Back to top Go down
Craftsman1998
Veteran Member
Craftsman1998
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: hello from central bama.   hello from central bama. Icon_minitimeJanuary 16th 2015, 5:52 pm

Welcome to the forum Very Happy and check craigslist you might come across one on there
Back to top Go down
TheBigBradbowski
TheBigBradbowski

PostSubject: Re: hello from central bama.   hello from central bama. Icon_minitimeJanuary 20th 2015, 11:10 am

Craftsman1998,

Nice looking Shepherd you got there! Your picture certainly grabbed my eye. Can't wait to get a GS of my own that can bark and growl at me as I play on my tractors.
Back to top Go down
Craftsman1998
Veteran Member
Craftsman1998
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: hello from central bama.   hello from central bama. Icon_minitimeJanuary 21st 2015, 12:16 pm

TheBigBradbowski wrote:
Craftsman1998,

Nice looking Shepherd you got there! Your picture certainly grabbed my eye. Can't wait to get a GS of my own that can bark and growl at me as I play on my tractors.

Thanks shes 3 years old now and she loves hanging around my tractors i think this winter i might let her in the garage with me. and maybe train her to grab me wrenches lol.
Back to top Go down
802 Customs
802 Customs

PostSubject: Re: hello from central bama.   hello from central bama. Icon_minitimeJanuary 21st 2015, 4:38 pm

Welcome! Are you sure that tractor is a hydro? I'd imagine its a vari-drive setup. Its possible that it's a hydro though, I had a old dynomark "by noma" (noma being made by mtd lol) that had a 5 speed spicer, and the worst clutch you've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
f4klift
f4klift

PostSubject: Re: hello from central bama.   hello from central bama. Icon_minitimeJanuary 21st 2015, 6:20 pm

I've had the tranny out before and there are no extra belts and pulleys on top. Just one belt to the motor. It also has a plastic reservoir full of hydro fluid sticking out the back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hello from central bama.   hello from central bama. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hello from central bama.
Page 1 of 1