All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

Cleaning carbs/ other parts with a parts washer? Lend10PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inDiscordCountdown TimerCleaning carbs/ other parts with a parts washer? Rend10
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
2019 Build Off Underway!
2019 Top Tractor Challenge! Aug 17th and 18th! DETAILS HERE!

Cleaning carbs/ other parts with a parts washer?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CraftsMAN
Skilled
Skilled
CraftsMAN

Forum Rep : 0

Cleaning carbs/ other parts with a parts washer? Empty
PostSubject: Cleaning carbs/ other parts with a parts washer?   Cleaning carbs/ other parts with a parts washer? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 7:25 pm

So I always paid 20$ to have someone go through and clean my lawnmower carb. Well I finally went and bought a parts washer for 39.99 with FREE shipping. Check it out. What else can you wash with a parts cleaner on a lawnmower? Are there any tips to washing a carb?

Type this in to ebay..
Item number: 170596984258
Back to top Go down
Jordan
Apprentice
Apprentice
Jordan

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning carbs/ other parts with a parts washer?   Cleaning carbs/ other parts with a parts washer? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 9:02 pm

i have been looking for a parts washer something like that, maybe a little bigger. let me know how it works for you
and i always used my aiur compressor to clean parts, 100+ PSI seemed to get everything out
Back to top Go down
NZHproduction
Apprentice
Apprentice
NZHproduction

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning carbs/ other parts with a parts washer?   Cleaning carbs/ other parts with a parts washer? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 9:40 pm

that looks nice, it looks like it should get the job done
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Grand Master
Grand Master
dangeroustoys56

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning carbs/ other parts with a parts washer?   Cleaning carbs/ other parts with a parts washer? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 7:21 am

Can use them to wash almost everything- greasy dirty parts, brakes- only thing is the fluid needs to be changed regular.
Back to top Go down
DICE464
Apprentice
Apprentice
DICE464

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning carbs/ other parts with a parts washer?   Cleaning carbs/ other parts with a parts washer? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 8:01 pm

mine is being used as a shelf at the moment
Back to top Go down
CraftsMAN
Skilled
Skilled
CraftsMAN

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning carbs/ other parts with a parts washer?   Cleaning carbs/ other parts with a parts washer? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 5:20 pm

What is the best stuff to clean carbs? I figured I would let them sit in the parts washer with solvent?
Back to top Go down
Murrayman
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
Murrayman

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning carbs/ other parts with a parts washer?   Cleaning carbs/ other parts with a parts washer? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 9:16 pm

Broc wrote:
What is the best stuff to clean carbs? I figured I would let them sit in the parts washer with solvent?

Carburetor cleaner works awesome. Pretty sure it works just as good as brake cleaner on its made specially for carbs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning carbs/ other parts with a parts washer?   Cleaning carbs/ other parts with a parts washer? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cleaning carbs/ other parts with a parts washer?
Page 1 of 1