All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Cleaning carbs/ other parts with a parts washer?

Go down 
+2
Jordan
CraftsMAN
6 posters
AuthorMessage
CraftsMAN
CraftsMAN

Cleaning carbs/ other parts with a parts washer? Empty
PostSubject: Cleaning carbs/ other parts with a parts washer?   Cleaning carbs/ other parts with a parts washer? Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2011, 7:25 pm

So I always paid 20$ to have someone go through and clean my lawnmower carb. Well I finally went and bought a parts washer for 39.99 with FREE shipping. Check it out. What else can you wash with a parts cleaner on a lawnmower? Are there any tips to washing a carb?

Type this in to ebay..
Item number: 170596984258
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/CRUSHEMCustoms/
Jordan
Jordan

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning carbs/ other parts with a parts washer?   Cleaning carbs/ other parts with a parts washer? Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2011, 9:02 pm

i have been looking for a parts washer something like that, maybe a little bigger. let me know how it works for you
and i always used my aiur compressor to clean parts, 100+ PSI seemed to get everything out
Back to top Go down
NZHproduction
NZHproduction

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning carbs/ other parts with a parts washer?   Cleaning carbs/ other parts with a parts washer? Icon_minitimeMarch 21st 2011, 9:40 pm

that looks nice, it looks like it should get the job done
Back to top Go down
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member
dangeroustoys56
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning carbs/ other parts with a parts washer?   Cleaning carbs/ other parts with a parts washer? Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2011, 7:21 am

Can use them to wash almost everything- greasy dirty parts, brakes- only thing is the fluid needs to be changed regular.
Back to top Go down
DICE464
DICE464

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning carbs/ other parts with a parts washer?   Cleaning carbs/ other parts with a parts washer? Icon_minitimeMarch 22nd 2011, 8:01 pm

mine is being used as a shelf at the moment
Back to top Go down
CraftsMAN
CraftsMAN

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning carbs/ other parts with a parts washer?   Cleaning carbs/ other parts with a parts washer? Icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2011, 5:20 pm

What is the best stuff to clean carbs? I figured I would let them sit in the parts washer with solvent?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/CRUSHEMCustoms/
Murrayman
Murrayman

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning carbs/ other parts with a parts washer?   Cleaning carbs/ other parts with a parts washer? Icon_minitimeMarch 25th 2011, 9:16 pm

Broc wrote:
What is the best stuff to clean carbs? I figured I would let them sit in the parts washer with solvent?

Carburetor cleaner works awesome. Pretty sure it works just as good as brake cleaner on its made specially for carbs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cleaning carbs/ other parts with a parts washer?   Cleaning carbs/ other parts with a parts washer? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cleaning carbs/ other parts with a parts washer?
Page 1 of 1