All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower

Go down 
+3
upnorthkid
Craftsman1998
thewisconsinredneck5160
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
thewisconsinredneck5160

Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower   Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2015, 3:18 pm

Whoo! (Rick Flair style) got the 18 hp oppy running but it is obnoxiously loud when i rev it up so I got to work on that, probably something like what fearless did on his Murray. Also I have striped down the shroud and painted it gloss orange.Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 <a href=Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 Rimg0410" />
Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 <a href=Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 Rimg0411" />
Back to top Go down
MatthewD
Veteran Member
MatthewD
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2015 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower   Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2015, 4:38 pm

Nice! Can't wait to see her running!
Back to top Go down
thewisconsinredneck5160
thewisconsinredneck5160

PostSubject: Re: Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower   Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 26th 2015, 6:36 pm

thanks il get some video up soon
Back to top Go down
thewisconsinredneck5160
thewisconsinredneck5160

PostSubject: Re: Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower   Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2015, 3:22 pm

Here's a bit that shows it at idle and revving it up

Back to top Go down
thewisconsinredneck5160
thewisconsinredneck5160

PostSubject: Re: Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower   Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJuly 31st 2015, 10:50 pm

Yesterday I got a fuel pump in the mail from Amazonhttp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M92T7GU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
It took me a few minutes to put it in and the writing was a breeze even for me and I have absolutely no electrical knowledge, only common sense. In the future I will need to put in a on/off switch because I have to slide it on and slide it off to power up the pump.
Back to top Go down
thewisconsinredneck5160
thewisconsinredneck5160

PostSubject: Re: Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower   Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2015, 12:06 pm

OK guys and possibly girl, I have some updates and pictures.

Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 <a href=Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 Rimg0411" />

in this pic i started trimming the hood without the shroud on, but abandoned it when i put the shroud on.
I got the shroud on and it looks dern smexy.

Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 <a href=Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 Rimg0410" />

I got a pair of 4.8x8 Carlisle x tracs for the fronts. (poser shot)

Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 <a href=Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 Rimg0412" />

They are sweet tires and are really beefy, so they should hold up good. My
neighbor said it looks like a drag tractor, which was pretty cool.
I got a new 5 inch pulley for the front

Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 <a href=Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 Rimg0413" />

but I need a belt for it, and am having trouble finding a 99x1/2 inch belt for it so any help would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
thewisconsinredneck5160
thewisconsinredneck5160

PostSubject: Re: Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower   Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 30th 2015, 1:31 pm

so I didn't want to cram any more stuff into one post, so i made two. here is some pics of my toolbox and my tow chain.

Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 <a href=Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 Rimg0414" />

Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 <a href=Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 Rimg0415" />

I made the holders from 6x8'' shelf brackets

Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 <a href=Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 Rimg0416" />

Now for the actual contents of the tool box

Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 <a href=Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 Rimg0417" />

Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 <a href=Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 Rimg0418" />

inside i have all the sockets and wrenches that i would need to do 99% of the repairs on the trail, a multi bit screw driver, zip ties, swiss army knife, sharpie, 2 screw links, lighter, ground cloth to lay on, plastic bag, garbage bag, duct tape, cotter pins, spare key, latex gloves, and a first aid kit. there enough room left on top to fit a disposable water bottle in
Back to top Go down
thewisconsinredneck5160
thewisconsinredneck5160

PostSubject: Re: Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower   Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2015, 8:40 pm

OK so I'm thinking about fuel storage, and as i don't have the means to weld up a rack so I'm thinking of alternative method, like a secondary fuel tank hooked up to the main one or 16oz aluminium bottles files with gas. Let me know what ya think about my ideas
Back to top Go down
1997 Murray
Veteran Member
1997 Murray
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Finalist
2014 Build-Off Finalist
2015 Build-Off Finalist
2015 Build-Off Finalist
2016 Build-Off Entrant
2016 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower   Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2015, 11:53 pm

I like the toolbox. For fuel tanks maybe you could mount one on the front of the frame with more shelf brackets. On finding a belt have you looked online or at local stores? I belive you could find one online, or a hardware store could order you one.
Back to top Go down
rstolz

PostSubject: Re: Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower   Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSeptember 17th 2015, 12:03 pm

take a look at my thread, the rack i built is all just cut and bolted. the parts that are welded are for the hitch, the rest of it is simply bolted together and bolted to the frame. Mine's sized for a 2.5gal gas can, but you could definitely use a smaller can and fit a tool box.

If you want to keep yours, you could fit a small auxiliary gas can or 2 inside the tool box. If you wanted to get fancy, you can pick up backpacking stove canisters that have hoses, fittings and a regulator coming off the cap, and route that to your gas tank or to a T-fitting in line with your fuel line.

I don't like the idea of putting a gas can on the front. if anything, at that point I'd put the tool box out front and a gas can behind. That's just me though, I don't want a gas can in a spot with a high impact risk.

On a side note, the plastics used in laundry detergent bottles is the same as that used for gas cans, so if you need a cheap gas can, just save a couple laundry detergent bottles.
Back to top Go down
thewisconsinredneck5160
thewisconsinredneck5160

PostSubject: Re: Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower   Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2015, 7:20 pm

ive been working on a bumper, but still need to weld it up:

Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 Rimg0419[/url][/img]

Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 <a href=Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 Rimg0420" />

Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 <a href=Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 Rimg0421" />Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 <a href=Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 Rimg0510" />
Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 <a href=Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 Rimg0518" />Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 <a href=Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 Rimg0519" />
Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 <a href=Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 Rimg0511" />

Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 <a href=Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 Rimg0512" />

Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 <a href=Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 Rimg0513" />

Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 <a href=Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 Rimg0514" />

Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 <a href=Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 Rimg0515" />

Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 <a href=Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 Rimg0516" />
Back to top Go down
thewisconsinredneck5160
thewisconsinredneck5160

PostSubject: Re: Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower   Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 19th 2015, 10:17 pm

thanks for the replies i didnt notice them earlier, and yeah im not big on the front gas tank either but i might relocate the tool box to the front somewhere and slip in a detergent bottle on the back
Back to top Go down
thewisconsinredneck5160
thewisconsinredneck5160

PostSubject: Re: Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower   Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeAugust 19th 2016, 10:27 pm

Quick update - bad solenoid, got new one and no idea how to write it up, any help will be greatly appreciated thanks
Back to top Go down
brooke&simon
brooke&simon

PostSubject: Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower   Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2016, 6:40 pm

hi i really like what you have done so far it looks really nice and for your first build keep it up
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower   Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Murray "Green Machine" Mud Mower
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next