All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Engine powerd lawn mower snow blower?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Margemower7

Engine powerd lawn mower snow blower?  Empty
PostSubject: Engine powerd lawn mower snow blower?    Engine powerd lawn mower snow blower?  Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2016, 7:47 am

Hey there my name is marcus i am 19 year old nn i line in canada, just recently it started to snow i do habe a plow for my mid 90's crafsman 14 hp, but i was looking around my yard and came acroos an old belt drive bolens snowblower, it has a 3/4 shaft, and stickes about an inc from the back, now i was wondering had anyone evey mounted and engine on one of these? Instead of useing ur lanw mower engine to power both. Is there any ways to mount an engine? Or has anyone else already done it? Any knowledge or tips would be greatfully
Back to top Go down
sadeoo7
sadeoo7

PostSubject: Re: Engine powerd lawn mower snow blower?    Engine powerd lawn mower snow blower?  Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2016, 8:09 am

It is possible to mount a seperate engine. Ive seen it done. Ill try to post pics when i get home.
Back to top Go down
http://gdftech.com
TheGreenHornet
TheGreenHornet

2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Engine powerd lawn mower snow blower?    Engine powerd lawn mower snow blower?  Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2016, 10:46 am

Why wouldnt you just modify the front of the tractor and take advantage of the pto on the tractor. or will that be a ton of work? idk never had much experience with these snow blowers. i just order my little brother outside with a shovel lol!
Back to top Go down
Doug
Site Owner
Doug
Site Owner

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2014 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Engine powerd lawn mower snow blower?    Engine powerd lawn mower snow blower?  Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2016, 1:12 pm

I had planned on making one last year and never followed up on it once my tractors engine seized up. I dont see why you couldnt as long as the gearing was adequate.

Head Forum Administrator ** Chat Moderator ** Facebook Page Admin
ATLTF Facebook Page ** Chatbox ** How To Upload Pictures

_X_ FORUM ANNOUNCEMENTS _X_

Have a question? Ask me! Type in "@Doug" in your post!

Your ATLTF Staff:
Administrators: @Doug, @MightyRaze, @"Doc Sprocket", @Stretch44875
Moderators: @TheRainbowBoxer, @AllisKidD21, @Brianator, @RichieRichOverdrive

Back to top Go down
TheGreenHornet
TheGreenHornet

2017 Build-Off Entrant
2017 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Engine powerd lawn mower snow blower?    Engine powerd lawn mower snow blower?  Icon_minitimeNovember 21st 2016, 7:50 pm

im kinda interested now. i need to find me one. since im building a sears as a utility, a snowblower or at least a snow plow is a must, especially in indiana where one day its 70 degrees and sunny and the next you wake up and its 20 degrees and snowing. lol!
Back to top Go down
TheBeal
Veteran Member
TheBeal
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Engine powerd lawn mower snow blower?    Engine powerd lawn mower snow blower?  Icon_minitimeNovember 22nd 2016, 9:14 pm

^^Just the next day? Pfft, we had that within a couple hours! lol!

If its a vertical shaft, mounting a snowblower may be more of a challenge. I have a sears with a horizontal Onan twin with a snowblower homebrew rigged to it by a previous owner. I can get pictures if anyone is interested.

I cant imagine it would be very difficult to power it with a separate engine. You would want to keep it compact, so there isnt too much weight hanging out over the front.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Engine powerd lawn mower snow blower?    Engine powerd lawn mower snow blower?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Engine powerd lawn mower snow blower?
Page 1 of 1