All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

Craftsman 18hp Rally Mower - Page 7 Lend10PortalHomeFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog inDiscordCountdown TimerCraftsman 18hp Rally Mower - Page 7 Rend10
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
2019 Build Off Underway!
ATLTF sticker shipments will resume soon! View them here, and keep up to date!
Haspin Acres Rally 2019 June 5th - 9th... Join this growing event! Details Here!
2019 Top Tractor Challenge! Aug 17th and 18th! DETAILS HERE!

Craftsman 18hp Rally Mower

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
mowerjunkie03
Apprentice
Apprentice

Craftsman 18hp Rally Mower - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Craftsman 18hp Rally Mower   Craftsman 18hp Rally Mower - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2019 8:39 pm

@diddie wrote:
not Sure of your set up but if you're running factory wiring it could be one of the safety sw. activated or bad ! and as craftsmanquad said id try 1 inch longer belt.

I bypassed all the safety switches and used it after that with no problems. All I did was move my solenoid and ground when I relocated my battery.
Back to top Go down
mowerjunkie03
Apprentice
Apprentice
mowerjunkie03

Forum Rep : 12

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman 18hp Rally Mower   Craftsman 18hp Rally Mower - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2019 11:17 am

So I dealt with my seat springs for the third time!

Craftsman 18hp Rally Mower - Page 7 20190326
Craftsman 18hp Rally Mower - Page 7 20190327

I made a fairly crapy gas pedal that I will post up some pics of later. And all though it was pitch black outside I went for a quick test drive. Sadly my oppy was running poorly so I think it may need a carb cleaning. I've actually never cleaned the carb on this motor so that might be it. But other wise it seemed fine. The actual test drive is today though since I didn't get to 5th gear. Lol

The other thing is my belt is slipping alot because I'm running a bealt that is way to long because its all I have that will work right now. I need to pick up a shorter next time I'm at TSC.
Back to top Go down
mowerjunkie03
Apprentice
Apprentice
mowerjunkie03

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman 18hp Rally Mower   Craftsman 18hp Rally Mower - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2019 3:16 pm

Well I was attempting the start this thing this morning and it really started giving me trouble. I could only get it to run for a few seconds and that was at full choke. I'm in the middle of cleaning the carb right now. I assume this is a jet issue but there is now way to remove the jets on this carb so I blew them out with a air compressor hopefully that will be sufficient.
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21
AllisKidD21

Forum Rep : 169

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman 18hp Rally Mower   Craftsman 18hp Rally Mower - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2019 5:03 pm

You should be able to at least remove the main jet, usually you remove it with an Allen key as the jet has a hex shaped hole. Either way blowing them out with compressed air will work fine.

Great job on the test drive!

- Toro Rat Rod Tractor Build
        - Ford LT 110 Off-Road Build
        - Craftsman GT 6000 Off-Road Build
        - John Deere 110 Basic Off-Road Build
        - Allis B-110, Case 444, WH 655, Bolens Versamatic -
Back to top Go down
mowerjunkie03
Apprentice
Apprentice
mowerjunkie03

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman 18hp Rally Mower   Craftsman 18hp Rally Mower - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2019 7:36 pm

Okay finished cleaning out the carb and through it back on. Fired right up and idles great l. I'm so glad that was it. My battery is dead so the Stretch44875 inspired pull start has been coming in handy alot! It's an awesome mod I would recommend it to anybody. I need a shorter belt because I'm am currently running the 7in pulley in the front and about 100 idler pulleys and it still slips but I did hit 5th gear and OH MAN this thing really flies!! It probably wouldn't feel that fast on pavement but on a dirt road it feels fast! I haven't finished my brake linkage so I didn't have brakes and almost died but it was totally worth it.
I also need to finish modifying my hood to fit and a few other exciting things.

Craftsman 18hp Rally Mower - Page 7 20190329

Also: Can someone explain to me how I would go about posting up a video on here. I am currently using the Topic It mobile app the browse and do forum updates but I can use the website if necessary do I need to use a computer. I would love to be able to post up a video of this thing in action.
Thanks!
Back to top Go down
CraftsmanQuad19
Grand Master
Grand Master
CraftsmanQuad19

Forum Rep : 83

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman 18hp Rally Mower   Craftsman 18hp Rally Mower - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2019 9:57 pm

Looking awesome!!

For videos, just upload them to YouTube and copy the link. Then on the forum next to the image hosting icon there should be a little YouTube icon. Paste the link in there and it’ll imbed the video in your post
Back to top Go down
mowerjunkie03
Apprentice
Apprentice
mowerjunkie03

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman 18hp Rally Mower   Craftsman 18hp Rally Mower - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2019 10:54 pm

@CraftsmanQuad19 wrote:
Looking awesome!!

For videos, just upload them to YouTube and copy the link. Then on the forum next to the image hosting icon there should be a little YouTube icon. Paste the link in there and it’ll imbed the video in your post

Thanks! So you absolutely have to have YouTube to post to the forum??
Back to top Go down
CraftsmanQuad19
Grand Master
Grand Master
CraftsmanQuad19

Forum Rep : 83

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman 18hp Rally Mower   Craftsman 18hp Rally Mower - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2019 8:20 am

I mean pretty much. I don’t know of any other ways. I like YouTube too because once the video is uploaded I can delete it from my phone and computer and it saves space
Back to top Go down
mowerjunkie03
Apprentice
Apprentice
mowerjunkie03

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman 18hp Rally Mower   Craftsman 18hp Rally Mower - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2019 8:33 am

@CraftsmanQuad19 wrote:
I mean pretty much. I don’t know of any other ways. I like YouTube too because once the video is uploaded I can delete it from my phone and computer and it saves space

Okay I just need to stop being lazy and make a YouTube account.
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Expert
Expert
SebastianAlbrecht

Forum Rep : 45

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman 18hp Rally Mower   Craftsman 18hp Rally Mower - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2019 1:47 pm

Looks mint !
Back to top Go down
mowerjunkie03
Apprentice
Apprentice
mowerjunkie03

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman 18hp Rally Mower   Craftsman 18hp Rally Mower - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2019 8:16 pm

I just picked up the 95in belt I beed for this mower so I will be putting that in and finishing up the brakes on it this weekend. This thing is very close to completion and hopefully I can get ut done this weekend.
Back to top Go down
mowerjunkie03
Apprentice
Apprentice
mowerjunkie03

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman 18hp Rally Mower   Craftsman 18hp Rally Mower - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2019 12:24 pm

So basically this weekend turned to sh*t!! Although I tried to make my belt system as adjustable as possible but the 95in I got is just alittle to short. I need to return it and get a 96in but I don't know when thats doing to happen because I think I have Mono and I feel like absolute crap. Spring break is coming up soon so hopefully I will have some tine to get this thing dialed and go for a ride.
Back to top Go down
mowerjunkie03
Apprentice
Apprentice
mowerjunkie03

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman 18hp Rally Mower   Craftsman 18hp Rally Mower - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2019 11:15 am

I got the right belt but I realize the bigger problem is a lack of clutch throw. I think it is caused by a short leverage arm kn the pedal side so I I am not getting enough clutch movement and the pedal movement is way more then I want. So I might have to redo that at some point. There are some other issues so hopefully some improvements will be made while I have some free time over break.

Here's a pic from my little ride yesterday.

Craftsman 18hp Rally Mower - Page 7 20190410

This was the only time I got stuck I got. This hole was alittle deeper then it looks.
The other thing is one of my hubs slid inward which is just weird because I have shaft collars on both sides of them.

Last edited by mowerjunkie03 on Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SebastianAlbrecht
Expert
Expert
SebastianAlbrecht

Forum Rep : 45

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman 18hp Rally Mower   Craftsman 18hp Rally Mower - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2019 11:18 am

nice
Back to top Go down
mowerjunkie03
Apprentice
Apprentice
mowerjunkie03

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman 18hp Rally Mower   Craftsman 18hp Rally Mower - Page 7 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:30 am

My belt fell off a couple times on my ride yesterday so I maybe up a couple of belt keepers today.

Craftsman 18hp Rally Mower - Page 7 20190411
Craftsman 18hp Rally Mower - Page 7 20190412

Belt hasn't fell off since. Thats all for now. But I'm hoping to get more done soon.
Back to top Go down
AllisKidD21
AllisKidD21

Forum Rep : 169

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman 18hp Rally Mower   Craftsman 18hp Rally Mower - Page 7 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:41 am

Nice to see you got some wheeling time in! Sucks about the clutch issue, but I'm sure you'll get 'er figured out and working good!

- Toro Rat Rod Tractor Build
        - Ford LT 110 Off-Road Build
        - Craftsman GT 6000 Off-Road Build
        - John Deere 110 Basic Off-Road Build
        - Allis B-110, Case 444, WH 655, Bolens Versamatic -
Back to top Go down
mowerjunkie03
Apprentice
Apprentice
mowerjunkie03

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman 18hp Rally Mower   Craftsman 18hp Rally Mower - Page 7 Icon_minitimeYesterday at 12:44 am

@AllisKidD21 wrote:
Nice to see you got some wheeling time in! Sucks about the clutch issue, but I'm sure you'll get 'er figured out and working good!

Yes it is good to be riding again! Ya it's sucks because I have so much time it to the clutch and it still isn't perfect. But I should just need to make a slight change then it will be perfect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Craftsman 18hp Rally Mower   Craftsman 18hp Rally Mower - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Craftsman 18hp Rally Mower
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7