All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

TJ's fixing stuff

Go down 
+5
MightyRaze
Murraymountain
AllisKidD21
CraftsmanQuad19
Double W Cross Ranch
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Double W Cross Ranch
Veteran Member

Veteran Member

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Finalist

TJ's fixing stuff - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TJ's fixing stuff   TJ's fixing stuff - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2021, 2:18 pm

Sold the deck for $75 and the Lawn Chief for $350. Awaiting some leads trying to find some more projects.
Back to top Go down
https://themagazineishalff.wixsite.com/website
prancstaman
Veteran Member
prancstaman
Veteran Member

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: TJ's fixing stuff   TJ's fixing stuff - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2021, 5:56 pm

Nice little thing, you are doing. Nobody here is Cleveland would pay those prices. Got to be all about location, location, location, LOL.
Back to top Go down
Double W Cross Ranch
Veteran Member
Double W Cross Ranch
Veteran Member

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Finalist

PostSubject: Re: TJ's fixing stuff   TJ's fixing stuff - Page 3 Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2021, 9:54 pm

Sold the Cub for $1800.
Picked up a few misc things today and a riding mower, I'll get pictures later. But I picked up this on the side of the road, all it needed was the crankshaft bolt and the fuel drained out.

TJ's fixing stuff - Page 3 Img_0218
TJ's fixing stuff - Page 3 Img_0220
TJ's fixing stuff - Page 3 Img_0219

It's rather new actually. I've got it up for $230
Back to top Go down
Rustbucket Garage
Veteran Member
Rustbucket Garage
Veteran Member

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: TJ's fixing stuff   TJ's fixing stuff - Page 3 Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2021, 10:43 pm

The fact that it is a 22 Remington is vaguely funny to me. Single shot weed trimmer. lol!

Murraymountain likes this post

Back to top Go down
Double W Cross Ranch
Veteran Member
Double W Cross Ranch
Veteran Member

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Finalist

PostSubject: Re: TJ's fixing stuff   TJ's fixing stuff - Page 3 Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2021, 9:12 pm

Well the thread is about me fixing stuff. Plugs in my 5.4!
TJ's fixing stuff - Page 3 17169610
So something to notice. The 4 on the right were on the driver's side. The 4 on the left were on the passenger side. The drivers side plugs are 1 piece plugs,, which were made after 2012 and the passenger are 2 piece plugs, original to the truck, which were recalled and redesigned in 2012. This truck sat from 2014-2019. Basically someone changed out half the plugs at some point, so half the engine was running on basically brand new plugs, and the other half of the plugs had over 170k miles on them, and the electrode was almost gone. Which is likely why I have been chasing misfires in this truck since I got it. And 2 of the 2 piece plugs did break off in the block but I got them out.
Back to top Go down
Double W Cross Ranch
Veteran Member
Double W Cross Ranch
Veteran Member

2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Finalist

PostSubject: Re: TJ's fixing stuff   TJ's fixing stuff - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSeptember 7th 2022, 11:56 pm

Geez.  Uhhh.  Been a minute.  I've still been flipping and selling stuff.  Some cars and trucks.  Some tractors.  Lotta lawn mowers.  
It's turned into a full time business for me.  I'm hoping to expand the business into a land clearing/pasture shredding business, which has always been my dream.
I don't quite remember when I quit posting here.  But, I now have a 1983 Massey Furgesen 240 that I paid $800 for, put a clutch in, new gas tank and all fuel lines because they were quite rusty.  Runs and drives fantastic, have used it to make a good bit of money and hope to make a lot more.
TJ's fixing stuff - Page 3 Img_2511
TJ's fixing stuff - Page 3 12110
I also have a 1994 Ford F250 with a 7.3 IDI, that I bought completely factory.  Installed a front bumper and a bed, and solid axle swapped it with an F350 dana 60.  I plan to manual swap it and I have a full banks turbo kit and an intercooler for it, when I have the time to get around to it.
TJ's fixing stuff - Page 3 Img_6610
I still have my daily, a 2006 Ford F150 King Ranch FX4 which has been very good to me and recently crossed the 200,000 mile mark.  Has had minimal issues, very pleased with how it's holding up.
TJ's fixing stuff - Page 3 Img_4910
I also have a handful of trailers.  The small trailer is a 2015 Carry On 4x8 trailer.  The bigger trailer is a 2019 CenTex 16x6 tandem axle trailer with no trailer brakes.
TJ's fixing stuff - Page 3 Img_4210
I did recently pick up a home built trailer from the 90s that needs a fair bit of work.  It's a 24' tandem axle car steel deck hauler with 12k axles under it.  It does need new tires, breaks, bearings, and all wiring.  But once I'm done should be a great trailer.
TJ's fixing stuff - Page 3 Img_6410
As far as riding mowers and push mowers, I cannot count how many have come and gone.  I still have  both my MTD 990s, I still have my John Deere, and I still have NellyBelle.  Nothing has really changed with any of them, they're just sitting unattended.  Yes I'm a garbage human being.
Hopefully I can find the time to get to them soon.  My skills have massively improved, and I feel that I could give them the attention they deserve now.  But usually all of my wrenching efforts go towards my income and I'm fairly wrenched out by the end of the day.
But thanks for stopping by and reading.  This forum has massively influenced the direction in which I took my life and career, and I would love to thank everyone who gave me advice and listened to my stupid ideas over the years.  Thanks!
Also this username is dumb.  What was 13 year old TJ thinking?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TJ's fixing stuff   TJ's fixing stuff - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TJ's fixing stuff
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3