All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Simplicity Broadmoor 728 XC

Go down 
+7
darkside0914
CraftsmanQuad19
MightyRaze
Creepycrawler
Rustbucket Garage
AllisKidD21
mr.modified
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
mr.modified
Veteran Member

Veteran Member

2015 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2016 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
1st Place Build-Off 2014
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2014
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant

Simplicity Broadmoor 728 XC - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Simplicity Broadmoor 728 XC   Simplicity Broadmoor 728 XC - Page 4 Icon_minitimeNovember 30th 2021, 9:07 pm

N1ck wrote:
Any updates on the build? It looks awesome so far. And I may be steeling ideas for my own projects.  

Oh man, June... guess I haven't been on here for awhile. Thanks. But nah, not really any progress. I got tied up with a bunch of things and I kinda stopped working on it. The frame and everything is still sitting where I was last working on it and I still have my engine build in the same state it was in, except now there's more junk on top of everything. Eventually I'll clear things out and get back to it. I just don't know when that'll be. I may end up just using the metal hood and fenders though as this isn't quite the priority project that it used to be. I think with the TTC mud hole super deep now days, that this build won't really be competitive like it may have been during the first or second TTC. So it's almost like I dragged my feet too much on it and time has passed it by. Obsolete before it was ever finished kinda sorta. It would still be a really capable woods machine though. I think it should do pretty good on steep hills being so low. Just really deep water or mud isn't gonna be something it's good at because of the small wheels and low frame. I think the whole engine would be underwater with the looks of how deep this years TTC mud bog was, although I wasn't there to see it in person this time. In theory you could have a snorkel but that's not the whole answer. I think it'll just get hung up on the transmission or the frame itself is gonna plow into the mud. Especially if you aren't the first one through and other machines have deep ruts cut through with bigger wheels. One of these days tho.
Back to top Go down
Creepycrawler
Established Member
Creepycrawler
Established Member

500+ Posts
500+ Posts
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Simplicity Broadmoor 728 XC   Simplicity Broadmoor 728 XC - Page 4 Icon_minitimeDecember 5th 2021, 10:48 pm

Glad to see you haven’t totally abandoned this project, to give you a little inspiration they are actually having lawn mower cross country races in PA next year, me and Sean bit raced in the first one they had and it was a success to them so they are doing more next year, and this build would be perfect for that kinda racing on top of TTC. We have vids on both our channels you should check it out I think you would be in love with it like we are!
Back to top Go down
mr.modified
Veteran Member
mr.modified
Veteran Member

2018 Build-Off Finalist
2018 Build-Off Finalist
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
2500+ Posts
2500+ Posts!
1st Place Build-Off 2014
1st Place Build-Off Winner 2014
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Simplicity Broadmoor 728 XC   Simplicity Broadmoor 728 XC - Page 4 Icon_minitimeJanuary 8th 2022, 8:56 pm

Yeah I would like to get a space cleaned out and then just really knock this out. Because I kinda spent a lot on fancy parts and it's kinda bugging me that I just stopped working on it. I'd also like to see how it works compared to my other stuff. The past week I've been sick but I'm planning on getting moving again with things soon.

Nevadablue likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Simplicity Broadmoor 728 XC   Simplicity Broadmoor 728 XC - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Simplicity Broadmoor 728 XC
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4