All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

New intake setup on slide carb 17.5 tecumseh

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Clapped Out Ben
Clapped Out Ben

New intake setup on slide carb 17.5 tecumseh Empty
PostSubject: New intake setup on slide carb 17.5 tecumseh   New intake setup on slide carb 17.5 tecumseh Icon_minitimeMay 18th 2021, 12:00 am

I noticed when I took my air intake off the carb there was dirt inside the carb. I have this intake I made out of a radiator hose from a ford 8n and it snorkels up from the carb to up by the top of the motor. I think the dust is coming in from where I put the hose barb for the PCV hose in a hole I cut in the radiator hose on the intake and put a bunch of silicone all around it. The silicon keeps cracking so I am wondering if I can buy one of those metal performance breather filters from the auto parts store that would go in the valve cover on a old v8 and just hose clamp the PCV hose onto that, or if I can even just leave the PCV hose dangling there. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Rustbucket Garage
Veteran Member
Rustbucket Garage
Veteran Member

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

New intake setup on slide carb 17.5 tecumseh Empty
PostSubject: Re: New intake setup on slide carb 17.5 tecumseh   New intake setup on slide carb 17.5 tecumseh Icon_minitimeMay 18th 2021, 8:11 am

You can leave it dangling but it is better to have something on the end. Another option is a generic inline fuel filter, I think 1/2 would work. Ziptie it to something and it oughta do the job.
Back to top Go down

New intake setup on slide carb 17.5 tecumseh
Page 1 of 1