All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Motocultivator gearbox

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
fbisurveilancevan

Motocultivator gearbox Empty
PostSubject: Motocultivator gearbox   Motocultivator gearbox Icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2022, 6:22 am

Motocultivator gearbox Img20162

I have 2 of these lying around and have been thinking if there's some use to them.
They have gx240 engines but are upgradeable if needed but most importantly they have a clutch.
Speed on these is dismal with about 4mph in third gear.
They are pretty much unbreakable though.

Just wanted some thoughts on if there's anything to do with them so I can get that out of my head.

Also have a complete scooter engine lying around which also might be a good option for a build but that's for another day
Back to top Go down
Rustbucket Garage
Veteran Member
Rustbucket Garage
Veteran Member

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

Motocultivator gearbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motocultivator gearbox   Motocultivator gearbox Icon_minitimeNovember 11th 2022, 10:08 pm

Might be cool to build a 4x4 mud mower using that gear box as a transfer case. Belt drive to the input shaft, 2 drives to some FNR transaxles with the chain swaps in them, and you'd have a pretty neat little rock crawler!

Brianator likes this post

Back to top Go down

Motocultivator gearbox
Page 1 of 1