All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Project hillclimber

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hillbilly mowers
Hillbilly mowers

2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

Project hillclimber Empty
PostSubject: Project hillclimber    Project hillclimber Icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2023, 6:15 pm

Project hillclimber Img_2034
 Project hillclimber Img_2033
 Project hillclimber Img_2035
Okay guys here the really big question I have on my new project that I have wrapped my head around and can't figure it out I want take the Kohler 26 hp engine and put in my lil green statesman mower and stretch it out for a hillclimbin mower and her is some of the pic I have to up load the rest cause it want let me upload no more than 3 pic at a time and I appreciate all the advice I can git on this project and how u all would do it thank u all in advance and if there and thang I can do to help u all just holler at me
Back to top Go down
Hillbilly mowers
Hillbilly mowers

2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Project hillclimber    Project hillclimber Icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2023, 6:19 pm

Project hillclimber Img_2036
 Project hillclimber Img_2037 here's the frame I have that I want to use to stretch it with and make the existing frame stouter with and I have alot of cut off steel that I could used

Brianator likes this post

Back to top Go down
Brianator
Brianator

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2022 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Project hillclimber    Project hillclimber Icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2023, 8:59 pm

I haven't heard of anyone making a dedicated hillclimbing tractor before so this ought to be an interesting build! The Kohler with its fuel pump, presserized oiling sytem and lots of power will definitely be the right choice! One of those FNR trans would be a good choice to modify and reinforce for the purpose, you could easily pick the perfect gear ratio with the chain and sprocket(s) modification, remove reverse gear and even lock it in forward if you wanted so there's no chance of it ever popping out of gear while climbing. The green Statesman which is made by MTD would be a decent chassis I'd think, they're known as a "tunnel chassis" and somewhat desirable in the tractor racing community because they're easy to strengthen.

Btw, to upload more than 3 pics in one post what you do is after you've hit the "insert all" button, hit the "remove all" to clear them and repeat the uploading process. It works, trust me!

My All Terrain Tractors:
- "The WarHorse" ~ 1984 Sears Craftsman LT(V)11 (MTD Built) (Romping in Progress!)
- Roper "Trailblazer" ~ 1986 Roper LT110CR (Trailblazing in Progress!)
- The "Mud Duck" ~ 1969 Bolens 1225 Hydro (2022 Build Off 2nd place!)
- The "Silver Bullet" ~ 1984 Sears Craftsman LT(V)11 (MTD Built) (Part 1)
- The "Silver Bullet" (Take 2) ~ 2024 Build Off entry (Work in progress)
- Roper "Offroadster" ~ 1979 Roper T4328 (Romping in Progress!)
- 1973 Massey Ferguson MF12 ~ (Sold to a good home)

Click Here To See The DIY and Build Threads I've Created!

~My Real Hobby Is Collecting Projects!~

Hillbilly mowers likes this post

Back to top Go down
Hillbilly mowers
Hillbilly mowers

2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Project hillclimber    Project hillclimber Icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2023, 9:07 pm

Brainator oh I'm so dedicated to this build that I have been thinking about it for a month now wrapping my head around this build that I want it so bad cause u don't see them kinda tractor from what I have seen on video on you tube that u all have post of mud romp and rideing and stuff you all do on them video that I have seen and that why it led me to build a hill climbing tractor
Back to top Go down
Brianator
Brianator

1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2023 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Project hillclimber    Project hillclimber Icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2023, 9:18 pm

Best of luck man, not sure I'd use that red frame at all though unless it was just to use sheetmetal to make filler panels as it looks pretty weak. Good news is that black frame with the red running boards looks another tunnel chassis!

Personally I'm into woods riding which around here involves all terrains you can think of including hills and a reason I like to have extra weight up front but certains hills I'd get the winch out to be safe, better to make it home in one piece and live to ride another day! Lol

My All Terrain Tractors:
- "The WarHorse" ~ 1984 Sears Craftsman LT(V)11 (MTD Built) (Romping in Progress!)
- Roper "Trailblazer" ~ 1986 Roper LT110CR (Trailblazing in Progress!)
- The "Mud Duck" ~ 1969 Bolens 1225 Hydro (2022 Build Off 2nd place!)
- The "Silver Bullet" ~ 1984 Sears Craftsman LT(V)11 (MTD Built) (Part 1)
- The "Silver Bullet" (Take 2) ~ 2024 Build Off entry (Work in progress)
- Roper "Offroadster" ~ 1979 Roper T4328 (Romping in Progress!)
- 1973 Massey Ferguson MF12 ~ (Sold to a good home)

Click Here To See The DIY and Build Threads I've Created!

~My Real Hobby Is Collecting Projects!~

Back to top Go down
Hillbilly mowers
Hillbilly mowers

2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Project hillclimber    Project hillclimber Icon_minitimeOctober 14th 2023, 9:25 pm

Brainator the black from with the red running board is a 2 peice deal just like the green mower frame and the red frame is just going to be used for stretching the front end with so I can ad a winch and stuff for weights to hold the front end down but I do have a ayp chassis's and I have to of them for my black craftsman mower that I was going to use to make woods mower for hunting

Brianator and Hillbilly mowers like this post

Back to top Go down
Hillbilly mowers
Hillbilly mowers

2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Project hillclimber    Project hillclimber Icon_minitimeOctober 16th 2023, 1:29 pm

Project hillclimber Img_2038 how I rewired this engine for a pushbutton start and a Killswitch

Back to top Go down
BairleaFarm
BairleaFarm

PostSubject: Re: Project hillclimber    Project hillclimber Icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2023, 3:37 pm

Hillbilly mowers wrote:
how I rewired this engine  for a pushbutton start and a Killswitch

You just need to add 12v to the start stud on the starter solenoid. I dont know enough with these to know how to do a kill switch.

Back to top Go down
Hillbilly mowers
Hillbilly mowers

2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Project hillclimber    Project hillclimber Icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2023, 3:57 pm

Project hillclimber Img_2088
 Project hillclimber Img_2089
 Project hillclimber Img_2090
 Project hillclimber Img_2091
 Project hillclimber Img_2092 thanks to my cousin. Finally got it running . But just a lil more work and it ready Togo . But I'm trying figure out a bumper design cause the way I want it to run down to all most level with the front axle so it would work like a push bumper to slide it up and over falling trees
Back to top Go down
Hillbilly mowers
Hillbilly mowers

2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Project hillclimber    Project hillclimber Icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2023, 3:59 pm

And thanks to all the people on the here that help me with the information and answers my question and thanks u all so I really appreciate it all very much.
Back to top Go down
Hillbilly mowers
Hillbilly mowers

2024 Build-Off Entrant
2024 Build-Off Entrant

PostSubject: Re: Project hillclimber    Project hillclimber Icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2023, 4:18 pm

And I just wait on what colors I should paint it cause I'm don't like the old statesman green.
Back to top Go down
Rustbucket Garage
Veteran Member
Rustbucket Garage
Veteran Member

2022 Build-Off Entrant
2022 Build-Off Entrant
1000+ Posts
1000+ Posts!

PostSubject: Re: Project hillclimber    Project hillclimber Icon_minitimeNovember 3rd 2023, 7:33 pm

Camo looks good on anything. Wink

Back to top Go down
ranch king pro 08
ranch king pro 08

2023 Build-Off Top 3 Winner
2023 Build-Off Top 3 Winner

PostSubject: Re: Project hillclimber    Project hillclimber Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2023, 10:23 am

@Rustbucket Garage how is he going to see where he parked it?  lol!

PizzaKitty26 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project hillclimber    Project hillclimber Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Project hillclimber
Page 1 of 1