All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Murray Mudder Build

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MurrayMudder
MurrayMudder

Murray Mudder Build Empty
PostSubject: Murray Mudder Build   Murray Mudder Build Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2011, 6:09 pm

Hey guys, I'm new to the site and thought I'd show off my mower and see what yall think. I bought this for $70 from my buddy's dad. It wasn't running but after some fuel lines and a quick carb clean it was going in no time. So far I've made a huge front bumper, completely re-wired it with a toggle kill switch and push button (thanks to FeerlessFront), made a gas pedal, full exhaust system with stack, smoked out my headlights, and most recently is the pulley swap which is a 5in front pulley with a 4in rear and an idler pulley and a tensioner pulley which i need to fix. Also I finished today... I took my dads old snow tires from his old honda and welder them to the hubs of my old mower tires which were flat. I believe the tires are 25'' and have decent tred because they are snow tires and werent used much at all. Sorry I'm rambling on so much but tell me what you guys think about the mower and maybe other mods i should do, thanks.
Back to top Go down
MurrayMudder
MurrayMudder

PostSubject: Pics   Murray Mudder Build Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2011, 6:37 pm

Here are the pics...

When I got it stock (with some mudddd) and my buddy's craftsman II on the right
http://illiweb.com/fa/pbucket.gif

After I built the fornt bumper, exhaust system with stack, smoked the headlights, and painted "Mud Digger" on the front

The tensioner and idler pulleys after I did the pulley swap (needs some work)

And as she sits today with some 90% tread Honda snow tires.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Murray Mudder Build   Murray Mudder Build Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2011, 6:44 pm

I looked at the pic of the belt. you have the belt on the wrong side of the clutch and it is rubbing on the belt guide for the motor. flip the belt guide on the clutch 180 and put the back side of the belt on the clutch.

an easy way to figure out belt routing if you forget how it came off or dont have a pic , flat idlers usually run on the wide side of the belt, v pulleys run on the skinny side
Back to top Go down
MurrayMudder
MurrayMudder

PostSubject: pulley   Murray Mudder Build Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2011, 7:19 pm

thanks a ton man, i knew something was wrong haha just didnt realize it even though thats pretty obvious haha, i gotta weld some belt guides for the new pulleys too, ill post a pic probably tomorrow after school
Back to top Go down
Wheel Crazy
Wheel Crazy

PostSubject: Re: Murray Mudder Build   Murray Mudder Build Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2011, 10:24 pm

This thing is freaking cool!! I really dig it!!! The bumper is awesome!! I want to build bumpers one day for mine too!! This is my favorite mud mower out of all of the ones I have seen!! cheers How did you build the bumpers??
Murray Mudder Build Get-attachmentaspx
Back to top Go down
MurrayMudder
MurrayMudder

PostSubject: Re: Murray Mudder Build   Murray Mudder Build Icon_minitimeDecember 11th 2011, 10:42 pm

haha wow thanks, i didnt think mine was that good but appreciate it a lot. to make the front bumper wasnt that hard, basically i took the two pipes that stick out horizontal, bored them out to match the angle of the big pipe so there werent any gaps or weekpoints and welded them together (measure obviously) then welded those supports to 2 1/4in thick steel plates which i then drilled holes in. then drilled holes in the front of the frame to match the bumper and bolted it onto the frame. it only took me about 1hr-1 1/2hrs with fab skills
Back to top Go down
Wheel Crazy
Wheel Crazy

PostSubject: Re: Murray Mudder Build   Murray Mudder Build Icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2011, 11:26 am

To post pictures, you have to first upload them to picture sharing website like Photobucket, then once uploaded copy the image codefrom that photo then paste that code on to here! If you need anymore help let me know! afro
Back to top Go down
Wheel Crazy
Wheel Crazy

PostSubject: Re: Murray Mudder Build   Murray Mudder Build Icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2011, 11:28 am

Here you go!

Murray Mudder Build Get-attachment-2aspx

Murray Mudder Build Get-attachment-1aspx

Murray Mudder Build Get-attachmentaspx

Murray Mudder Build Get-attachment-3aspx

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MurrayMudder
MurrayMudder

PostSubject: Re: Murray Mudder Build   Murray Mudder Build Icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2011, 3:12 pm

thank. you. so. much. check out my project build "Murray Monster Mudder" ill post pictures soon of the progress
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Murray Mudder Build   Murray Mudder Build Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Murray Mudder Build
Page 1 of 1