All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to the All Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum!
2019 Build Off Underway!

Are Foote 3f/1r hi/lo transaxles durable?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CraftsMAN
Skilled
Skilled
CraftsMAN

Forum Rep : 0

Are Foote 3f/1r hi/lo transaxles durable? Empty
PostSubject: Are Foote 3f/1r hi/lo transaxles durable?   Are Foote 3f/1r hi/lo transaxles durable? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 6:27 pm

This is what I have in my Dynamark Racing tractor. I currently am pulling the rearend out to put in my offroad tractor. It is a 3 speed forward and 1 reverse. Hi low.. Just wondering if it will last.. It is a FOOTE....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/11HP-DYNAMARK-11-36-MOWER-FOOTE-TRANSAXLE-/370545396493?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item56463a0b0d
Back to top Go down
AcreFarm
Apprentice
Apprentice
AcreFarm

PostSubject: Re: Are Foote 3f/1r hi/lo transaxles durable?   Are Foote 3f/1r hi/lo transaxles durable? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 6:34 pm

I beat the snot out of a Foote 4010 3 speed for years before I upgraded to the Peerless I have now. The racers swear that all Foote transaxles are junk, and I only have experience with that one... but it was very tough considering what I put it thru.
Back to top Go down
CraftsMAN
Skilled
Skilled
CraftsMAN

PostSubject: Re: Are Foote 3f/1r hi/lo transaxles durable?   Are Foote 3f/1r hi/lo transaxles durable? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 6:50 pm

So peerless 801 series are tuiff?
Back to top Go down
AcreFarm
Apprentice
Apprentice
AcreFarm

PostSubject: Re: Are Foote 3f/1r hi/lo transaxles durable?   Are Foote 3f/1r hi/lo transaxles durable? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 8:38 pm

800/801 series are good. They are better than 9xx transaxles, as they use bearings on the axleshafts & a strong carrier for the differential.
Back to top Go down
gilsonrumbler
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie
gilsonrumbler

PostSubject: Re: Are Foote 3f/1r hi/lo transaxles durable?   Are Foote 3f/1r hi/lo transaxles durable? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 12:52 am

the foote one you posted i had one... i beat the hell outta it... during winter i did slams between R and 3rd rapidly on frozen ground and when stuck.... heck i even did it on wet pavement... i have no idea how it lasted so long.. its death was when i did that on thawing ground snapped it right in half and blew casing apart... if you are planning on doing a pulley swap its life will be shortened real quick... they can handle a governed/non governed motor but a pulley swap would kill it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are Foote 3f/1r hi/lo transaxles durable?   Are Foote 3f/1r hi/lo transaxles durable? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are Foote 3f/1r hi/lo transaxles durable?
Page 1 of 1