All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Old Style Briggs Carb problems...please help

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
KillerCraftsmanLT11
KillerCraftsmanLT11

Old Style Briggs Carb problems...please help Empty
PostSubject: Old Style Briggs Carb problems...please help   Old Style Briggs Carb problems...please help Icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2012, 8:24 pm

Im trying to get my 11hp briggs ruuning smooth on my 82' craftsmanlt11
I had the carb rebuilt and cleaned but not adjusted
I tryed playing with the adjusment screw in the bottom of the carb bowl but it just seems like its still getting to much gas and running rough ?
Mabye my points need cleaned and gapped or just some better adjustment?
Any help would be greatly appreciated !
Back to top Go down
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

PostSubject: Re: Old Style Briggs Carb problems...please help   Old Style Briggs Carb problems...please help Icon_minitimeFebruary 11th 2012, 9:48 pm

did you rebuld carb or? does it flood with gas or ?
Back to top Go down
AcreFarm
AcreFarm

PostSubject: Re: Old Style Briggs Carb problems...please help   Old Style Briggs Carb problems...please help Icon_minitimeFebruary 12th 2012, 1:10 pm

Initial adjustments are 1 1/2 turns out for the high-speed needle valve (under the bowl) and 1 1/4 turns out for the idle valve. That should get the engine running, then when it's warm you can fine-tune them.
Back to top Go down
KillerCraftsmanLT11
KillerCraftsmanLT11

PostSubject: Re: Old Style Briggs Carb problems...please help   Old Style Briggs Carb problems...please help Icon_minitimeFebruary 13th 2012, 8:35 pm

I had the carb rebuilt as it needed it (gaskets leaking,etc) but had someone else do it so they didnt adjust it as the didnt have the tractor so it didnt make much sence to try but ill give those adjustment a try as i want to get this beast running mint !......thanks for the replys
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old Style Briggs Carb problems...please help   Old Style Briggs Carb problems...please help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Old Style Briggs Carb problems...please help
Page 1 of 1