All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

What size wire should I use and what solenoid should I use?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dylansrockinrigs
dylansrockinrigs

What size wire should I use and what solenoid should I use? Empty
PostSubject: What size wire should I use and what solenoid should I use?   What size wire should I use and what solenoid should I use? Icon_minitimeMay 1st 2012, 6:20 pm

I am building an off road mower but it is also going to be a racing mower. It has a 14.5 Horse Power Briggs with an Anti Back Fire Solenoid. Anyway I have to build the whole electrical system from scratch so I was wondering if anybody could help me with the gauge of wire to use and the solenoid to use. I also need to include the stator and an extra wire for headlights. If anybody could help I would Greatly Appreciate it.

Back to top Go down
andy-roo
andy-roo

PostSubject: Re: What size wire should I use and what solenoid should I use?   What size wire should I use and what solenoid should I use? Icon_minitimeMay 1st 2012, 9:00 pm

u need to have positives an grounds for all tht u do an u can use random bolts tht are atached to the tractor already but they need to tie back to the battery for pos. an u can use a selenoid tht advance auto parts sells...its around ten bucks an tht should get u started
Back to top Go down
dylansrockinrigs
dylansrockinrigs

PostSubject: Re: What size wire should I use and what solenoid should I use?   What size wire should I use and what solenoid should I use? Icon_minitimeMay 1st 2012, 9:17 pm

Why do I need positive ground for this project? Before I tore it down to the frame it was your normal negative ground.
Back to top Go down
Josh Blair

PostSubject: Re: What size wire should I use and what solenoid should I use?   What size wire should I use and what solenoid should I use? Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2012, 7:37 am

dylansrockinrigs wrote:
Why do I need positive ground for this project? Before I tore it down to the frame it was your normal negative ground.

he means you need the positive wires and ground wires
Back to top Go down
Stretch44875
Administrator
Stretch44875
Administrator

500+ Posts
500+ Posts

PostSubject: Re: What size wire should I use and what solenoid should I use?   What size wire should I use and what solenoid should I use? Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2012, 8:26 am

If you take off the solinod, there is a small plunger stem. Cut it off, and no more problems or wiring issue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What size wire should I use and what solenoid should I use?   What size wire should I use and what solenoid should I use? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What size wire should I use and what solenoid should I use?
Page 1 of 1