All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All-Terrain Lawn Tractor Forum

Like riding lawn tractors through mud, woods, rocks, and snow? Then this is the place for you! Share your ideas, Post your projects and more!

PortalHomeSite RulesEventsFAQSearchRegisterLog inBuild-Off

Sears SS15 Beast Build

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

Sears  SS15 Beast Build  Empty
PostSubject: Sears SS15 Beast Build    Sears  SS15 Beast Build  Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2012, 2:48 pm

I just picked this tactor up abt a week ago its a 68 sears ss15 has the 3spd trans with high and low its a side shaft engine with belt drive it starts and drives but needs some tlc. Plans are to turn it into a offroad mud beast as its really well built i plan on addin some bigger tires and front and same with rear, im going to change the pulleys and hopefully its a gearoil rearend then ill just drain and add some new in it. Its funny as this transaxle the gears arnt syncro at all so u have to stop dead befor shifting lol.
Im going to add a snorkle to carb and a stack on it and try and water proof the electronics. Heres some pics of it and the front tires. I found these atv ties im thing of getting for the rear what do you guys think???

Sears  SS15 Beast Build  Searsss15
Sears  SS15 Beast Build  Front

Got all this with the tractor spare rear tires a set of fronts/chains/wheel weights/and factory 3pt hitch
Sears  SS15 Beast Build  Extras

These are the tires/wheels im going to use on the front tires on rims like new i bought for $50
Sears  SS15 Beast Build  Frnttires1
Sears  SS15 Beast Build  Frnttires

Tires im thinking about for the rear if i can thake the 5lug hub off and buy a 4 lug one to put on

Sears  SS15 Beast Build  5N85H55J53Ee3G63N6c9h98642276c8911f0a
Sears  SS15 Beast Build  5H95M15Ja3E93Gf3Hcc9h80df3666ed3f1a6a

What u's think of these tires for rear? there super swamper atv fronts but are 1in wider and 2in taller then the stock rear tires on it now??

Back to top Go down
WellThatsSurprising
WellThatsSurprising

PostSubject: Re: Sears SS15 Beast Build    Sears  SS15 Beast Build  Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2012, 3:52 pm

Wow, that's almost the same as mine, 1969 suburban 12/project big cat. The transaxle does take oil, look behind the tire on the right side and there should be a little spout. Other than that they are built like tanks.
Back to top Go down
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

PostSubject: Re: Sears SS15 Beast Build    Sears  SS15 Beast Build  Icon_minitimeOctober 3rd 2012, 6:34 pm

Yea they are and ok sweet lol yea i just missed out on those super swampers Neutral so know finding a mean set of tires to put on the rear.
I did put the tires on the front heres a pic.

Sears  SS15 Beast Build  Frontatvtirson
Back to top Go down
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

PostSubject: Re: Sears SS15 Beast Build    Sears  SS15 Beast Build  Icon_minitimeDecember 7th 2012, 5:57 pm

Update: got the sears in the work shed and pulled hood/grill off for better acces to the carb and that. Made a new gasket for the carb and added some permatex also fixed the end of the carb where theres suppose to be a block off plate. Got that back on and then fixed the pin holes in my fuel tank. Was going to put a plow on the front but decided not to cause i dont really want to weld anything to the frame being its a nice classic garden tractor lol but i did add the rear 2pt hitch and built a tow/lift bar for getting my other tractors. Next is to add a different seat/put the chains on.

Im going to leave it pretty much stock maybe a pulley swap in time but i love the low gears for pulling so its going to be more less a tow rig for logs/broken down tractos lol
Back to top Go down
boggo
boggo

PostSubject: Re: Sears SS15 Beast Build    Sears  SS15 Beast Build  Icon_minitimeDecember 14th 2012, 10:36 pm

hey man got any pics of that murray sitting near the blue lawnmower?
Back to top Go down
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

PostSubject: Re: Sears SS15 Beast Build    Sears  SS15 Beast Build  Icon_minitimeDecember 15th 2012, 8:53 am

haha none right now well just this one of the front corner of it lol its my sis's tractor 80's murray 11hp B&S 3 spd 6in rear pulley and a skid plate. Was her ex's but he's gone now lol

Sears  SS15 Beast Build  48742610
Back to top Go down
boggo
boggo

PostSubject: Re: Sears SS15 Beast Build    Sears  SS15 Beast Build  Icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2012, 3:21 am

very nice Very Happy i have the exact same mower with the same motor and transaxle, these things i swear to god are bullet proof, my motor is still going after being put on flat out when i had the pulley conversion it was screaming its head off and with no stock exhaust just a stack pipe it was ear bashing, done some mods with it like a stack pipe, rear rack like an atv, battery tray at the back under the rack for a car sized one, same size wheels as back put up front, homemade hubs, better brake setup, rear pulley swaped from 6in to 2.5in which gave me about 28km/h on 3rd gear (stock was about not even 6km/h on 3rd gear), got two winchs for it but still need to mount either one of them not sure which one yet, extra light for when we did night romping (the stock lights are good but are not swival type for when you get stuck). its been an awesome lawn mower offroader. got to fix the starter motor starter gog/gear. :/
Back to top Go down
gearheadmike
gearheadmike

PostSubject: Re: Sears SS15 Beast Build    Sears  SS15 Beast Build  Icon_minitimeDecember 16th 2012, 10:13 am

sounds like a sweet tractor,this one is just staying basic other then having been panted and the engine is chevy orange lol im going to try and talk my sister in to giving me the tractor lol i need a back up tractor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sears SS15 Beast Build    Sears  SS15 Beast Build  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sears SS15 Beast Build
Page 1 of 1